The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


cypruit people are not friendly

Looking for friends? For a boyfriend/girlfriend? Lover? Pen-pal?

Postby friends474 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:21 pm

after reading all thats been said here. i think it all depends on the people that you meet.i find everyone in cyprus very friendly except the ones that work in supermarkets,dont know why that is but they are always miserable.
and their also not very friendly on the roads,they just will not let you out or wave to say thankyou but other than that they are extremly helpfull!
i think americans are so kind and friendly and that is why i have so many friends there.
im from the uk and we do seem to have the reputation of being arrogant and rude but im from wales so i dont think where classed as the same...or are we ?
so i just think it depends on the people that you meet when you visit a country. theres nice people and then theres horrible people.
User avatar
friends474
Member
Member
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:26 pm
Location: wales

Postby denizaksulu » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:08 pm

I think Cypriot people are very friendly, to which extent that friendship would be extended to former "enemies", no thats wrong, I should say former antagonists or opponents. It can never happen in any other country. I wish I could do it more often, isnt that right GR? :lol:
User avatar
denizaksulu
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 36050
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 11:04 am

Postby IcyNoAngel » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:59 pm

Cypriots are not bad people. They treat you very nice, until you give them your money, then... they treat you like garbage.
What would you think of a bitch (ya, that's the right word), that stole my money (that is 300 pounds), and she drives a Mercedes and has a lot of money?
This kind of people are the ones that everyone that is not Cypriot (and maybe other cypriots) should know and stay away.
And this is not the first case, at Cyta they are stealing from you, not giving you any services but getting money. Agents try to take advantage of you (I refer to money), employers try to rip off as much as they can from your salary and give you money 4-5 days after the day that they should.
And the list can continue... I am here for more than one year, and my opinion is that most of the cypriots are thiefs.
And you know why it's sad? Because I am right. :roll:
IcyNoAngel
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:55 pm

Postby jansler » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:09 pm

I agree since moving here i have found them to be rude, rather backward like 50 years and not very pleasent, oh unless your in one of there restaurants. Jealous i think of any overseas people, not nice
jansler
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:49 pm

Postby miltiades » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:16 pm

jansler wrote:I agree since moving here i have found them to be rude, rather backward like 50 years and not very pleasent, oh unless your in one of there restaurants. Jealous i think of any overseas people, not nice


What criteria have you used in order to arrive at these sweeping generalizations. An example or two would help your case.
For your information the Cypriots , G/Cs , T/Cs Maronites Armenians ARE CONSIDERED BY MANY TO BE AMONGST THE MOST HOSPITABLE AND FRIENLY PEOPLE.
Rudeness , is rather like , beauty , in the eye of the beholder .
Have a glass of wine on me , the ugly 5.4" Cypriot !!
Image
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16332
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Postby denizaksulu » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:21 pm

miltiades wrote:
jansler wrote:I agree since moving here i have found them to be rude, rather backward like 50 years and not very pleasent, oh unless your in one of there restaurants. Jealous i think of any overseas people, not nice


What criteria have you used in order to arrive at these sweeping generalizations. An example or two would help your case.
For your information the Cypriots , G/Cs , T/Cs Maronites Armenians ARE CONSIDERED BY MANY TO BE AMONGST THE MOST HOSPITABLE AND FRIENLY PEOPLE.
Rudeness , is rather like , beauty , in the eye of the beholder .
Have a glass of wine on me , the ugly 5.4" Cypriot !!
Image



A lovely looking red. Is it a good one Milti. You better offer me a glass too. I will drink to your wifes health and say cheers to all my fellow Cypriots, TC and GC and Armenians and Maronites and all Cyprus lovers. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
denizaksulu
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 36050
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 11:04 am

Postby paliometoxo » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:41 am

it happens everywhere espesially in uk i had it happen to me also...
User avatar
paliometoxo
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8837
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: Nicosia, paliometocho

Postby oranos64 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:59 am

Yep ...rude ,arogant ,debt ridden,liers galore ,racist ,xenophopics,corrupt ...selfish .heartless introverted shallow ,nerds and weirdos ... can discribe the cypriots and most of the world ...

but it seems cyprus breeds this kind of person en masse in the last few years ....check the girls out ...so in love with themselves they have no room in their heart for anyone else ...

whole popultation needs a personality bypass .... but i still rather live here then the UK ... and i still love the people ...
User avatar
oranos64
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:45 pm
Location: LARNACA,CYPRUS ...

Postby paliometoxo » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:28 am

IcyNoAngel wrote:Cypriots are not bad people. They treat you very nice, until you give them your money, then... they treat you like garbage.
What would you think of a bitch (ya, that's the right word), that stole my money (that is 300 pounds), and she drives a Mercedes and has a lot of money?
This kind of people are the ones that everyone that is not Cypriot (and maybe other cypriots) should know and stay away.
And this is not the first case, at Cyta they are stealing from you, not giving you any services but getting money. Agents try to take advantage of you (I refer to money), employers try to rip off as much as they can from your salary and give you money 4-5 days after the day that they should.
And the list can continue... I am here for more than one year, and my opinion is that most of the cypriots are thiefs.
And you know why it's sad? Because I am right. :roll:


how did this lady manage to steal £300 from you?:S
i hear in uk couples they meet people over the internet and beat them and take their money... the guy gets his gf to pretend to be younger and get the guy to come on a date then rob him... some people in uk are a lot worse everywhere has these people in london if u walk on the wrong side of road in some eareas they beat u up to...: shame it happened to you and sorry to hear it...

you wanna talk about companies ripping you off... i came to uk for a 6 week holiday now and i signed up to ukonline isp they charge 19.99 for a 8meg connection PER MONTH my credit card statement got back they took £24.99 every day for 14 days...

cyta are fine, ive not had a problem with them duno why you think they rip you off
User avatar
paliometoxo
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8837
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: Nicosia, paliometocho

Postby filhunk214 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:24 am

8) WHY DO U LET THEM RUIN YOUR LIFE.. BE BRAVE TO FACE THEIR UGLY FACES!
User avatar
filhunk214
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:19 am

PreviousNext

Return to Meet New People

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests