The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


EU report

Benefits and problems from the EU membership.

EU report

Postby halil » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:13 pm

The EU Commission published the report to inform EU member states about the annual follow-up activities on the implementation of the Green Line Regulation.

The annual report --which was approved by EU Commission yesterday, examines the economic activities pursued on Green Line between May 1st, 2006 and April 30th, 2007.

According to the report, the value of goods which were traded from North Cyprus to South Cyprus stands at 3.380 million Euros, while the Greek Cypriot Side’s trade with the North stands at 1.027 million Euros.

The figure doubled according to last year's figures.

The report also criticized the Greek Cypriot Administration for a number of things such as its refusal to recognize driving licenses and motor registration documents issued by the Turkish Cypriot Side.

Attention was also drawn in the report to the high rate of smuggling and illegal trade taking place between the two sides, to the point noted by some experts that .

Pointing out that the Greek Cypriot Administration did not find health certificates issued for Turkish Cypriot Agriculture products by the EU Commission to be sufficient, the report said that extra tests conducted on these goods by the Greek Cypriot Side was an hidden obstacle in the way of trade from North to South.

In light of all these difficulties, the report said the Green Line Regulation failed to give the necessary boost to the island’s economy.

The Green Line Regulation which was put into effect by the EU General Affairs & External Relations Council on April 26th sets the rules of EU acquis communitaire which will be implemented on crossing of persons, goods and services on green line.
halil
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8804
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:21 pm
Location: nicosia

Re: EU report

Postby Eric dayi » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:21 pm

halil wrote:The EU Commission published the report to inform EU member states about the annual follow-up activities on the implementation of the Green Line Regulation.

The annual report --which was approved by EU Commission yesterday, examines the economic activities pursued on Green Line between May 1st, 2006 and April 30th, 2007.

According to the report, the value of goods which were traded from North Cyprus to South Cyprus stands at 3.380 million Euros, while the Greek Cypriot Side’s trade with the North stands at 1.027 million Euros.

The figure doubled according to last year's figures.

The report also criticized the Greek Cypriot Administration for a number of things such as its refusal to recognize driving licenses and motor registration documents issued by the Turkish Cypriot Side.

Attention was also drawn in the report to the high rate of smuggling and illegal trade taking place between the two sides, to the point noted by some experts that .

Pointing out that the Greek Cypriot Administration did not find health certificates issued for Turkish Cypriot Agriculture products by the EU Commission to be sufficient, the report said that extra tests conducted on these goods by the Greek Cypriot Side was an hidden obstacle in the way of trade from North to South.

In light of all these difficulties, the report said the Green Line Regulation failed to give the necessary boost to the island’s economy.

The Green Line Regulation which was put into effect by the EU General Affairs & External Relations Council on April 26th sets the rules of EU acquis communitaire which will be implemented on crossing of persons, goods and services on green line.



Punishment time? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Eric dayi
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:37 pm

Postby humanist » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:34 pm

halil, the EU can criticise anything it likes the relaity is the RoC is fighting the unjustice that the Turkish Cypriots are perpetuating each and evryday upon its people. The EU should have thought of what it was doing before it inducted Cyprus to the EU. Now they'll have to deal with it.
User avatar
humanist
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6585
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:46 am

Postby boomerang » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:26 am

hey halil it looks to me this is another bayarak article...interpreted to please the masses...

end of the day it's what the RoC perceives what is legal and what is not...and nothing to do with the EU.

but for sure what the eu says is that turkey jerky is responcible for the whole mass...and that is ethinic cleansing and colonization...i wonder what bayarak has to say about this...

have you got any artiles that reflect truths in the bayarak paper?...or does it double as dunny paper...
User avatar
boomerang
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7218
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 5:56 am

Postby Pyrpolizer » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:20 pm

In addition to bayraks announcement the EU also criticised the Republic for the rate of illegal immigrants we are having and for not placing one policeman ever 50 meters to watch the illegal border line. It turned a total blind eye to the fact that 90% of those illegal immigrants come from the occupied trough Turkey.
Instead of criticising Turkey who fascilitates illegal immigration, the commission criticises the Republic who btw catches 2000 of them per year!

It's about time we start ignoring the EU just like Greece has done in the past. Being "good boys" doesn't seem to work for them either as it hasn't work in the UN. Let's be the bad boys for a change and screw everybody the way they understand.
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9087
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Postby zan » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:43 am

Pyrpolizer wrote:In addition to bayraks announcement the EU also criticised the Republic for the rate of illegal immigrants we are having and for not placing one policeman ever 50 meters to watch the illegal border line. It turned a total blind eye to the fact that 90% of those illegal immigrants come from the occupied trough Turkey.
Instead of criticising Turkey who fascilitates illegal immigration, the commission criticises the Republic who btw catches 2000 of them per year!

It's about time we start ignoring the EU just like Greece has done in the past. Being "good boys" doesn't seem to work for them either as it hasn't work in the UN. Let's be the bad boys for a change and screw everybody the way they understand.



No change there then :roll: :roll: :roll:
User avatar
zan
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16213
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:55 pm

Postby zan » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:44 am

humanist wrote:halil, the EU can criticise anything it likes the relaity is the RoC is fighting the unjustice that the Turkish Cypriots are perpetuating each and evryday upon its people. The EU should have thought of what it was doing before it inducted Cyprus to the EU. Now they'll have to deal with it.


Do I hear the sound of water and hands being washed.....
User avatar
zan
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16213
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:55 pm

Postby Eric dayi » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:02 am

zan wrote:
humanist wrote:halil, the EU can criticise anything it likes the relaity is the RoC is fighting the unjustice that the Turkish Cypriots are perpetuating each and evryday upon its people. The EU should have thought of what it was doing before it inducted Cyprus to the EU. Now they'll have to deal with it.


Do I hear the sound of water and hands being washed.....



Yep, create a problem and pass it on to someone else. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
User avatar
Eric dayi
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:37 pm

Postby Eric dayi » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:03 am

zan wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:In addition to bayraks announcement the EU also criticised the Republic for the rate of illegal immigrants we are having and for not placing one policeman ever 50 meters to watch the illegal border line. It turned a total blind eye to the fact that 90% of those illegal immigrants come from the occupied trough Turkey.
Instead of criticising Turkey who fascilitates illegal immigration, the commission criticises the Republic who btw catches 2000 of them per year!

It's about time we start ignoring the EU just like Greece has done in the past. Being "good boys" doesn't seem to work for them either as it hasn't work in the UN. Let's be the bad boys for a change and screw everybody the way they understand.



No change there then :roll: :roll: :roll:


And never will by the look of things.
User avatar
Eric dayi
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:37 pm

Postby boomerang » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:41 pm

can i ask, we is the funny one out of the duet? :lol:
User avatar
boomerang
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7218
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 5:56 am

Next

Return to Cyprus and the European Union

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests