The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


TURKISH IS AN OFFICIAL EU LANGUAGE

Benefits and problems from the EU membership.

Postby duckerdiver » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:25 am

Dear Zan

Links to the constitution of the R of C, in English, Greek and Spanish but oddly not in Turkish?

No surprises there but can someone figure out why it has been translated into Spanish?

Also a link to the treaty of guarantee and other documents from the Zurich talks

http://kypros.org/Constitution/English/

http://kypros.org/Constitution/Greek/

http://kypros.org/Constitution/Spanish/

http://www.kypros.org/Constitution/treaty.htm



Brian Semmens
duckerdiver
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:20 pm

Postby phoenix » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:30 am

zan wrote:
phoenix wrote:
zan wrote:I clearly said that you are in no danger from us..You being the "RoC" of course....We on the other hand have much to fear from you. That said the "RoC" faces no dangers so cannot use rule no 51 or what ever the number was that was so irrelevant then and is even more so now.....

We had a discussion about the Big bang a while back with reference to what was there before the big bang, at least GR started it and decided he was in over his head and left stage right........I pointed out that it does not matter what came before because the physics of that "universe would not hold up in our universe so we can not reproduce or represent it in any way. The same goes for the TRNC/KKTC and the "RoC". One law does not cover all. Two different universes in which people like Kifeas want to apply the laws of one and then the other. One of the official languages in the Zurich agreement is Turkish and should be an official language of the EU.


I do like your idea though.....Quick everyone..The Turks are coming....Emergency meeting.....Lets ban the Turkish language. That will learn them... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


The question of the universe allows for all probabilities and I can see why it suits your style of answers.

But article 51 stated ". . . the Republic or part thereof . ." and the part under occupation as you have "clearly" demonstrated is under "public danger" at the very least.


Not with the Turkish soldiers there as I have said a hundred times....Thousands of crossings and not an incident to report...Well done tthe Turkish Army....


If there is no war there is no need for soldiers.

But there are soldiers stationed for action Zan . . . ergo state of war!
User avatar
phoenix
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3452
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:47 pm
Location: Free From Forum

Postby zan » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:32 am

phoenix wrote:
zan wrote:
phoenix wrote:
zan wrote:I clearly said that you are in no danger from us..You being the "RoC" of course....We on the other hand have much to fear from you. That said the "RoC" faces no dangers so cannot use rule no 51 or what ever the number was that was so irrelevant then and is even more so now.....

We had a discussion about the Big bang a while back with reference to what was there before the big bang, at least GR started it and decided he was in over his head and left stage right........I pointed out that it does not matter what came before because the physics of that "universe would not hold up in our universe so we can not reproduce or represent it in any way. The same goes for the TRNC/KKTC and the "RoC". One law does not cover all. Two different universes in which people like Kifeas want to apply the laws of one and then the other. One of the official languages in the Zurich agreement is Turkish and should be an official language of the EU.


I do like your idea though.....Quick everyone..The Turks are coming....Emergency meeting.....Lets ban the Turkish language. That will learn them... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


The question of the universe allows for all probabilities and I can see why it suits your style of answers.

But article 51 stated ". . . the Republic or part thereof . ." and the part under occupation as you have "clearly" demonstrated is under "public danger" at the very least.


Not with the Turkish soldiers there as I have said a hundred times....Thousands of crossings and not an incident to report...Well done tthe Turkish Army....


If there is no war there is no need for soldiers.

But there are soldiers stationed for action Zan . . . ergo state of war!


Now thats just silly.....No nead for Police or Doctors or....... :roll: :roll: :roll:
User avatar
zan
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16213
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:55 pm

Postby zan » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:33 am

duckerdiver wrote:Dear Zan

Links to the constitution of the R of C, in English, Greek and Spanish but oddly not in Turkish?

No surprises there but can someone figure out why it has been translated into Spanish?

Also a link to the treaty of guarantee and other documents from the Zurich talks

http://kypros.org/Constitution/English/

http://kypros.org/Constitution/Greek/

http://kypros.org/Constitution/Spanish/

http://www.kypros.org/Constitution/treaty.htm



Brian Semmens



What happened to the 13 points that were so urgent for change :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
User avatar
zan
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16213
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:55 pm

Postby duckerdiver » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:38 am

Dear Zan

You can see a summary of the 13 points and the events of that time in this Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_Treaty_of_Guarantee



Brian Semmens
duckerdiver
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:20 pm

Postby zan » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:46 am

duckerdiver wrote:Dear Zan

You can see a summary of the 13 points and the events of that time in this Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_Treaty_of_Guarantee



Brian Semmens



Thanks mate. Then the changes were not needed after all and the Constitution is intact. Or does it only work without the TCs being there. :lol: :lol: :lol:


And these guys keep telling us that the "RoC" is legal...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
zan
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16213
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:55 pm

Postby miltiades » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:37 am

zan wrote:
duckerdiver wrote:Dear Zan

You can see a summary of the 13 points and the events of that time in this Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_Treaty_of_Guarantee



Brian Semmens



Thanks mate. Then the changes were not needed after all and the Constitution is intact. Or does it only work without the TCs being there. :lol: :lol: :lol:


And these guys keep telling us that the "RoC" is legal...... :lol: :lol: :lol:


Zan , by saying " And these guys keep telling us that the "RoC" is legal ""
you really meant to say " And the entire world is telling us that the ROC is legal "
That is the irrefutable status of the ROC the world over. Realities must be faced by both sides and propaganda put aside. Cyprus is as much your country as mine but it is not represented by the "TRNC" which is unrecognised and considered under Turkish occupation. Indisputable fact , 40 thousand Turkish troops , Turkish currency , and no direct trade or flights , you can not just brush all these realities away and pretend that the "TRNC" is the legal state you would like it to be.
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16349
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Postby zan » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:38 am

miltiades wrote:
zan wrote:
duckerdiver wrote:Dear Zan

You can see a summary of the 13 points and the events of that time in this Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_Treaty_of_Guarantee



Brian Semmens



Thanks mate. Then the changes were not needed after all and the Constitution is intact. Or does it only work without the TCs being there. :lol: :lol: :lol:


And these guys keep telling us that the "RoC" is legal...... :lol: :lol: :lol:


Zan , by saying " And these guys keep telling us that the "RoC" is legal ""
you really meant to say " And the entire world is telling us that the ROC is legal "
That is the irrefutable status of the ROC the world over. Realities must be faced by both sides and propaganda put aside. Cyprus is as much your country as mine but it is not represented by the "TRNC" which is unrecognised and considered under Turkish occupation. Indisputable fact , 40 thousand Turkish troops , Turkish currency , and no direct trade or flights , you can not just brush all these realities away and pretend that the "TRNC" is the legal state you would like it to be.



Why the hell should I accept something that has been achieved through the Akritas Plan through murder and persecution? Many greater wrongs have been put right mate and so should this one. Perhaps when the world accepts the TRNC/KKTC more, so will you. How does that sound, or will you carry on the fight for a united Cyprus.
User avatar
zan
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16213
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:55 pm

Postby Pyrpolizer » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:56 pm

My 2 cents on the matter of EU languages:(a copy from another topic)

Now lets come to your argument that the GCs block the Turkish language from becoming an official language in the EU. The EU aquis says the official languages of EVERY MEMBER STATE automatically become official languages of the EU. Since Turkish is one of the official languages of the Republic it presumably already an official language of the EU. However EU ITSELF violates this Aquis and issues another list of 23 languages which she calls Official languages that does not reflect the official languages o the member states! Gaelic for example that was the FIRST official language of Ireland but was not inside that set of official EU languages. It became one only in 2007!!
Furthermore the EU accepts applications for non official languages from member states. Spain is now asking for 3 new Spanish languages Basque, Catalan and Galician to become official EU languages… It doesn’t mean the EU ill make them official, it doesn’t mean it will reject them either.

The problem is not the languages themselves. The problem is that the cost of translations in the list of official languages is reaching almost 10% of the EU’s budget and the problem is getting more and more costly.It’s not only the cost of translations but also the cost of interpreters, who should be employed to translate in all 23 languages live.

Do you think Greek would ever become official EU language just because of the GCs? If it weren’t Greece already in the EU "no way Hoze", we would just end using English like Ireland. The same will happen with Turkish. No matter how much the RoC presses, even if we solve the Cyprus problem tomorrow Turkish will not become EU official language because of the huge costs involved for translations of laws and live interpretation. Turkish will become official EU language only if and when ever Turkey joins….
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9090
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Postby Pyrpolizer » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:07 pm

duckerdiver wrote:Dear Kifeas

If you are going to quote me at least quote me accurately

You wrote:

"Brian Siemen, who on the one hand say that they do not recognise the RoC, and on the other they do recognise the "TRNC" to be representing the TC Community"

Whereas what I wrote was:

"As regards the TRNC, I accept that the TRNC is the administration of the Turkish speaking Cypriot area and just like the Greek speaking Cypriots, the Turkish speaking Cypriots voted for the people they thought would run their area for them. Its legality is the same as the government of the R of C, it does not conform to the principles or obligations of the 1960 constitution. A better title for both governments would be that they represent their ethnic constituents but neither represents both ethnic groups equally."

This is not the same as "not accepting the R of C and accepting the TRNC" in fact I place both organisations on the same footing.

You seem to be a very angry individual hurling insults at people; did your parents not tell you that if you have nothing constructive to add to a conversation you should remain quite? Far better for you in the future to remain quite and be thought a fool, than open your mouth/type on your keyboard and remove all doubt.

They should also have told you that it is very childish to insult people because you have run out of cogent arguments?

Brian Semmens (please try to remember how my name is spelt in the future?)


Your initially assumed a lot of nonsense, then flattened everything to your simplistic assumtions to tell us that you place the pseudo on the same footing as the legal government. Kifeas was right in asking you on what basis you made your petition.

your wrong assumptions
a)The TCs left the Government because of the proposed 13 amendments.
b)that the state loses legality just because one of the parties walks out.
c)that the "trnc" is just an administered area for the TCs
d)That the legality of the Republic is equal to the "trnc" . Jesus! :lol: :lol:

NB. aren't you the deported one who writes in every forum? what's the matter with you man don't you have anything better to do with your life?
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9090
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus and the European Union

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests