The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


JOAN RYAN ARRIVES IN CYPRUS

Propose and discuss specific solutions to aspects of the Cyprus Problem

Postby halil » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:37 am

phoenix wrote:
Beth_Josephine wrote:Ryan has a very valid point, to be honest, Papadopolous isn't doing the ROC's interests any good. The same goes for the TC side, when one says yes the other say no, this seems to be stubburness rather than interests of the countries future. No offense when I say this, GET OVER IT!

Ryan also pointed out that Cyprus could learn from N.ire, now there is a country that has actual conflicts that had been going on till 2000, on a monthly/yearly basis since the seperation, something was always happening but they seem to have come to an agreement.

No offense to anyone but the only way Cyprus can be whole and move on is if the country stops being stubburn as a mule!


GET OVER WHAT? That there are still 200,000 people ethnically cleansed from their homes and kept away by 40,000 Turkish soldiers!

The Northern Ireland parallel can only be used here if you are suggesting that the Greek Cypriots form an IRA style terrorist group to undermine the invaders. To date the RoC has sought to end the conflict with diplomatic steps. These may be slow but it is in the nature of Cypriots to not go on the offensive with every provocation.


Send your army to kick them out . İt will be very quick.
halil
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8804
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:21 pm
Location: nicosia

Postby phoenix » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:41 am

halil wrote:
phoenix wrote:
Beth_Josephine wrote:Ryan has a very valid point, to be honest, Papadopolous isn't doing the ROC's interests any good. The same goes for the TC side, when one says yes the other say no, this seems to be stubburness rather than interests of the countries future. No offense when I say this, GET OVER IT!

Ryan also pointed out that Cyprus could learn from N.ire, now there is a country that has actual conflicts that had been going on till 2000, on a monthly/yearly basis since the seperation, something was always happening but they seem to have come to an agreement.

No offense to anyone but the only way Cyprus can be whole and move on is if the country stops being stubburn as a mule!


GET OVER WHAT? That there are still 200,000 people ethnically cleansed from their homes and kept away by 40,000 Turkish soldiers!

The Northern Ireland parallel can only be used here if you are suggesting that the Greek Cypriots form an IRA style terrorist group to undermine the invaders. To date the RoC has sought to end the conflict with diplomatic steps. These may be slow but it is in the nature of Cypriots to not go on the offensive with every provocation.


Send your army to kick them out . İt will be very quick.


WE DON'T TAKE ORDERS FROM BARBARIANS! Thank you Halil!
User avatar
phoenix
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3452
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:47 pm
Location: Free From Forum

Postby halil » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:56 am

phoenix wrote:
halil wrote:
phoenix wrote:
Beth_Josephine wrote:Ryan has a very valid point, to be honest, Papadopolous isn't doing the ROC's interests any good. The same goes for the TC side, when one says yes the other say no, this seems to be stubburness rather than interests of the countries future. No offense when I say this, GET OVER IT!

Ryan also pointed out that Cyprus could learn from N.ire, now there is a country that has actual conflicts that had been going on till 2000, on a monthly/yearly basis since the seperation, something was always happening but they seem to have come to an agreement.

No offense to anyone but the only way Cyprus can be whole and move on is if the country stops being stubburn as a mule!


GET OVER WHAT? That there are still 200,000 people ethnically cleansed from their homes and kept away by 40,000 Turkish soldiers!

The Northern Ireland parallel can only be used here if you are suggesting that the Greek Cypriots form an IRA style terrorist group to undermine the invaders. To date the RoC has sought to end the conflict with diplomatic steps. These may be slow but it is in the nature of Cypriots to not go on the offensive with every provocation.


Send your army to kick them out . İt will be very quick.


WE DON'T TAKE ORDERS FROM BARBARIANS! Thank you Halil!


You see Phoenix,
u get angry i dont use words like BARBARİANS to anybody.below writing belongs to u. you were the one who was trying to use force.

phoenix wrote:
Viewpoint wrote:
“Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country”

- Words from the inaugural address of President John F. Kennedy, delivered in 1961.


What can Greek Cypriots do to unite their country GC state "RoC" with the Tc state TRNC?


Here's my chance to quote another phrase from JFK's address which I think is relevant to this thread:

. . ."We dare not tempt them with weakness. For only when our arms are sufficient beyond doubt can we be certain beyond doubt that they will never be employed." . . .

The best that Cyprus can do to unite itself again, is to fight the Turks with the only thing they understand . . . Military Might!




Phoenix my dear. Do you really think that more killing will give you Peace. Have you really given up with jaw jaw? Lets find a better way of getting the military out of Cyprus, for our childrens sake.
halil
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8804
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:21 pm
Location: nicosia

Postby phoenix » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:06 am

halil wrote:
phoenix wrote:
halil wrote:
phoenix wrote:
Beth_Josephine wrote:Ryan has a very valid point, to be honest, Papadopolous isn't doing the ROC's interests any good. The same goes for the TC side, when one says yes the other say no, this seems to be stubburness rather than interests of the countries future. No offense when I say this, GET OVER IT!

Ryan also pointed out that Cyprus could learn from N.ire, now there is a country that has actual conflicts that had been going on till 2000, on a monthly/yearly basis since the seperation, something was always happening but they seem to have come to an agreement.

No offense to anyone but the only way Cyprus can be whole and move on is if the country stops being stubburn as a mule!


GET OVER WHAT? That there are still 200,000 people ethnically cleansed from their homes and kept away by 40,000 Turkish soldiers!

The Northern Ireland parallel can only be used here if you are suggesting that the Greek Cypriots form an IRA style terrorist group to undermine the invaders. To date the RoC has sought to end the conflict with diplomatic steps. These may be slow but it is in the nature of Cypriots to not go on the offensive with every provocation.


Send your army to kick them out . İt will be very quick.


WE DON'T TAKE ORDERS FROM BARBARIANS! Thank you Halil!


You see Phoenix,
u get angry i dont use words like BARBARİANS to anybody.below writing belongs to u. you were the one who was trying to use force.

phoenix wrote:
Viewpoint wrote:
“Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country”

- Words from the inaugural address of President John F. Kennedy, delivered in 1961.


What can Greek Cypriots do to unite their country GC state "RoC" with the Tc state TRNC?


Here's my chance to quote another phrase from JFK's address which I think is relevant to this thread:

. . ."We dare not tempt them with weakness. For only when our arms are sufficient beyond doubt can we be certain beyond doubt that they will never be employed." . . .
The best that Cyprus can do to unite itself again, is to fight the Turks with the only thing they understand . . . Military Might!




Phoenix my dear. Do you really think that more killing will give you Peace. Have you really given up with jaw jaw? Lets find a better way of getting the military out of Cyprus, for our childrens sake.


You've quite clearly taken this out of context . . . AND also FAILED to grasp it's true sentiment.

Please note as JFK was stipulating it is in the realisation that ". . . they would never be employed".

OR does Turkey enjoy having such an extraordinarily large MILITARY presence on the island with which to constantly threaten us?

Sometimes the only thing a BULLY will understand is a taste of their own medicine. But that is not what Cyprus is about . . YOU will NOT change us for the WORSE and make us stoop to your level.

BUT that does not mean we should not adequately defend ourselves against your constant threats and tyrannies.
User avatar
phoenix
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3452
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:47 pm
Location: Free From Forum

Postby Beth_Josephine » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:12 pm

Pheonix, no offence but you don't see the polish, jews, russians that were treated even worse than Cyprus in WW2 harking on about it. If Europe can get over such an massive war, I think Cyprus can resolve it's issues.

Look at Africa, how many problems are there? On a monthly basis they have experienced ethnic cleansing, look at Liberia and Sierra Leon for this. Now, all Cyprus needs is a new leader, one that can see a future and isn't going to stale on this subject, the same goes for the TC side.

Still, 1974 was a while back in the past, how can a country look to move into the future when it is stuck on a past. I know it was a horrid thing that happened but dwelling and constantly fighting with one another, ain't going to get anwhere, is it?
Beth_Josephine
Member
Member
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:07 am
Location: Nicosia - Cyprus

Postby phoenix » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:28 pm

Beth_Josephine wrote:Pheonix, no offence but you don't see the polish, jews, russians that were treated even worse than Cyprus in WW2 harking on about it. If Europe can get over such an massive war, I think Cyprus can resolve it's issues.

Look at Africa, how many problems are there? On a monthly basis they have experienced ethnic cleansing, look at Liberia and Sierra Leon for this. Now, all Cyprus needs is a new leader, one that can see a future and isn't going to stale on this subject, the same goes for the TC side.

Still, 1974 was a while back in the past, how can a country look to move into the future when it is stuck on a past. I know it was a horrid thing that happened but dwelling and constantly fighting with one another, ain't going to get anwhere, is it?


Beth_Josephine, I truly appreciate your desire to see an end to what appears to be a stalemate.

Finding a solution in order to move on and put the past behind us is EXACTLY what the RoC is trying to do. BUT it cannot forget the plight of its people left homeless and say they are any less worthy than anybody else and they must JUST forget their past and homes. That is absolutely inhumane.

A solution must be found that corrects these atrocities that have been inflicted on us by Turkey . . . otherwise Turkey would just carry on getting away with tyranny after tyranny and just move on to yet another victim.

We are just trying to make the world a better and safer place for the next generation . . . and that usually means not turning a blind eye to those that have no qualms in invading their neighbours.

Would you put your children in the hands of a murderer that has not reformed and say "well what he did was in the past . . let's move on!"
User avatar
phoenix
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3452
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:47 pm
Location: Free From Forum

Postby DT. » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:18 pm

Beth_Josephine wrote:Pheonix, no offence but you don't see the polish, jews, russians that were treated even worse than Cyprus in WW2 harking on about it. If Europe can get over such an massive war, I think Cyprus can resolve it's issues.

Look at Africa, how many problems are there? On a monthly basis they have experienced ethnic cleansing, look at Liberia and Sierra Leon for this. Now, all Cyprus needs is a new leader, one that can see a future and isn't going to stale on this subject, the same goes for the TC side.

Still, 1974 was a while back in the past, how can a country look to move into the future when it is stuck on a past. I know it was a horrid thing that happened but dwelling and constantly fighting with one another, ain't going to get anwhere, is it?


Beth for gods sake get out of the Cyprus Prob pages....you're gonna have the baby while reading about Denktash and Papadopoulos.
User avatar
DT.
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12200
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:34 pm
Location: Lefkosia

Postby Beth_Josephine » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:30 pm

ol oh no, the baby is staying put for now lol

Wouldn't the best solution to be put the past behind, sort out the divide, once that is sorted then go about trying to rectify the tr4adegy on 1974?

I still think Papadopolous needs to be replaced with a fresh head, for anything to be moved forward.

I am not taking a UK side, GC or TC, I am taking a side that wants to see this whole situation closed, so that this beautiful island can be returned to it's rightful owners.

And before any TC's speak out t this, the Island, in my eyes is Cypriot fullstop! Not one or the other!
Beth_Josephine
Member
Member
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:07 am
Location: Nicosia - Cyprus

Postby phoenix » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:34 pm

DT. wrote:
Beth_Josephine wrote:Pheonix, no offence but you don't see the polish, jews, russians that were treated even worse than Cyprus in WW2 harking on about it. If Europe can get over such an massive war, I think Cyprus can resolve it's issues.

Look at Africa, how many problems are there? On a monthly basis they have experienced ethnic cleansing, look at Liberia and Sierra Leon for this. Now, all Cyprus needs is a new leader, one that can see a future and isn't going to stale on this subject, the same goes for the TC side.

Still, 1974 was a while back in the past, how can a country look to move into the future when it is stuck on a past. I know it was a horrid thing that happened but dwelling and constantly fighting with one another, ain't going to get anwhere, is it?


Beth for gods sake get out of the Cyprus Prob pages....you're gonna have the baby while reading about Denktash and Papadopoulos.


Quite right she should be concerned about the Cyprus problem at such a time. Having a baby is NOT about burying your head in the sand. She should discuss her concerns and do her bit to make the world a better place.

Well done Beth_ Josephine . . . those last few months waiting can get pretty boring eh? :wink:
User avatar
phoenix
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3452
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:47 pm
Location: Free From Forum

Postby zan » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:39 pm

phoenix wrote:
DT. wrote:
Beth_Josephine wrote:Pheonix, no offence but you don't see the polish, jews, russians that were treated even worse than Cyprus in WW2 harking on about it. If Europe can get over such an massive war, I think Cyprus can resolve it's issues.

Look at Africa, how many problems are there? On a monthly basis they have experienced ethnic cleansing, look at Liberia and Sierra Leon for this. Now, all Cyprus needs is a new leader, one that can see a future and isn't going to stale on this subject, the same goes for the TC side.

Still, 1974 was a while back in the past, how can a country look to move into the future when it is stuck on a past. I know it was a horrid thing that happened but dwelling and constantly fighting with one another, ain't going to get anwhere, is it?


Beth for gods sake get out of the Cyprus Prob pages....you're gonna have the baby while reading about Denktash and Papadopoulos.


Quite right she should be concerned about the Cyprus problem at such a time. Having a baby is NOT about burying your head in the sand. She should discuss her concerns and do her bit to make the world a better place.

Well done Beth_ Josephine . . . those last few months waiting can get pretty boring eh? :wink:


God! You guys will do anything to get rid of anyone that talks sense :wink: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
zan
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16213
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:55 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem Solution Proposals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests