The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


First time to Cyprus and need help

Visiting Cyprus? Ask any questions you have here.

Moderator: Piratis

Postby cyprusgrump » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:36 am

FooLish wrote:Hehehehe
well i did what you said about and OK i have some answers.

:)

Now my other questions are:
1- Hotel recomendations in Larnaca, Paphos & Aya Napa
2- Where to go in Larnaca, Limassol, Paphos & Aya Napa history, resturants, etc).
3- How many days should i spend in Larnaca ?
(I was told not more than 2 days)
4- Aya Napa & Paphos, are they places to visit in the same day or worth to stay ?
(I will be staying in Limassol & Larnaca)

Hope there is no maps for these questions :P

1 – Dunno
2 – What do you like to do, lay in the sun, watersports, ancient monuments, etc. If you scuba the best dive on the island is the Zenobia in Larnaca harbour for instance.
3 – See ‘2’ above
4 – Aya Napa and Pafos are on opposite ends of the island (as you will see from the map). You’d only want to visit both in a day if you enjoy driving.
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Postby Oracle » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:37 am

Ayia Napa is fool of British yobs ... Paphos is full of British genteel folk ... in between the two it is full of British of a blend of the two extremes .... :lol:

Paphos is preferable to Ayia Napa ... unless you are less than 25 years old, and yobbish.

Also Larnaca is full of Arabs .... :lol: ... so go to Paphos for variety :D
User avatar
Oracle
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23507
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:13 am
Location: Anywhere but...

Postby FooLish » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:45 am

So, what i got from you all that i should stay in only Larnaca & Limassol and visit Aya Napa & Paphos as a visit ?
(I wont drive, i will be taking an express taxi)

:?:
FooLish
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:49 pm

Postby cyprusgrump » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:52 am

FooLish wrote:So, what i got from you all that i should stay in only Larnaca & Limassol and visit Aya Napa & Paphos as a visit ?
(I wont drive, i will be taking an express taxi)

:?:

No, what you got from me is that it is difficult to recommend a location without knowing what it is you want to do.

Likewise, I can’t recommend a hotel without knowing your budget. If I said ‘The Four Seasons’ in Limassol your next post would be that it is too expensive, too cheap or doesn’t have the availability that you need. Work out where you want to be/go then check availability on-line.

Also, you will surely see from your map that an express taxi from Limassol to Pafos to Aya Napa to Limassol in one day would be a completely pointless exercise in one day - you wouldn't have time to get out.

This thread is rapidly coming to the point where it exceeds my (admittedly limited) attention span. :x
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Postby FooLish » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:04 am

Ok, I’ll give you more details.
I do not intend to spend much money in hotels because as you know I will be out all day in the beach or going to history places, so what I want is something nice, good and not that expensive.

In Limassol, I am already thinking about staying in the Mediterranean Beach Hotel. I loved it and I wanna stay in it.

In Larnaca, few told me that it’s not worth to stay in it for more than 2 days, if that is correct then I don’t wanna spend much money in the hotel, I want something good and cheap.

The above is 2 thing’s for sure I will do, other than that my friends told me about Paphos and Aya Napa.
Here, I am confused, I don’t know if I should stay in them (book a hotel) or it’s enough to visit them in daily basis (each place in a different day).

I want help in only the above part.
Any more things you need to know ?

Mainly, I don’t what there is in Cyprus other than beaches and parties !
That’s where I also need advice.
FooLish
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:49 pm

Postby webbo » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:31 am

Oracle wrote:Ayia Napa is fool of British yobs ... ]Paphos is full of British genteel folk ... in between the two it is full of British of a blend of the two extremes .... :lol:

Paphos is preferable to Ayia Napa ... unless you are less than 25 years old, and yobbish.

Also Larnaca is full of Arabs .... :lol: ... so go to Paphos for variety :D


In other words - the 'blue rinse' brigade! :lol: :wink: :wink: :lol:

Bubbles x 8)
User avatar
webbo
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4699
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:08 pm

Postby FooLish » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:34 am

FooLish wrote:Ok, I’ll give you more details.
I do not intend to spend much money in hotels because as you know I will be out all day in the beach or going to history places, so what I want is something nice, good and not that expensive.

In Limassol, I am already thinking about staying in the Mediterranean Beach Hotel. I loved it and I wanna stay in it.

In Larnaca, few told me that it’s not worth to stay in it for more than 2 days, if that is correct then I don’t wanna spend much money in the hotel, I want something good and cheap.

The above is 2 thing’s for sure I will do, other than that my friends told me about Paphos and Aya Napa.
Here, I am confused, I don’t know if I should stay in them (book a hotel) or it’s enough to visit them in daily basis (each place in a different day).

I want help in only the above part.
Any more things you need to know ?

Mainly, I don’t what there is in Cyprus other than beaches and parties !
That’s where I also need advice.


I want help about this
FooLish
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:49 pm

Postby miltiades » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:37 am

FooLish wrote:
FooLish wrote:Ok, I’ll give you more details.
I do not intend to spend much money in hotels because as you know I will be out all day in the beach or going to history places, so what I want is something nice, good and not that expensive.

In Limassol, I am already thinking about staying in the Mediterranean Beach Hotel. I loved it and I wanna stay in it.

In Larnaca, few told me that it’s not worth to stay in it for more than 2 days, if that is correct then I don’t wanna spend much money in the hotel, I want something good and cheap.

The above is 2 thing’s for sure I will do, other than that my friends told me about Paphos and Aya Napa.
Here, I am confused, I don’t know if I should stay in them (book a hotel) or it’s enough to visit them in daily basis (each place in a different day).

I want help in only the above part.
Any more things you need to know ?

Mainly, I don’t what there is in Cyprus other than beaches and parties !
That’s where I also need advice.


I want help about this

FooLish , is this your first time on holiday overseas , if its not a foolish question ?
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16348
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Postby chris4ray » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:41 am

This is my first posting!
Do what we did when we first visited, hire a car and spend two or three days in different places. We landed at Pafos, spent 3 nights, moved on to Pedulas (in the mountains) for 2 nights, then on to protaras for 3 nights, then Larnaca for 2 nights, then Limassol for 2 nights and back to Pafos for the remainder of the holiday. If you do this you can pick out your own favourite place and bookmark it for your next visit - and beleive me you will want to go back.
chris4ray
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:34 pm
Location: Blackpool

Postby cyprusgrump » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:42 am

chris4ray wrote:This is my first posting!
Do what we did when we first visited, hire a car and spend two or three days in different places. We landed at Pafos, spent 3 nights, moved on to Pedulas (in the mountains) for 2 nights, then on to protaras for 3 nights, then Larnaca for 2 nights, then Limassol for 2 nights and back to Pafos for the remainder of the holiday. If you do this you can pick out your own favourite place and bookmark it for your next visit - and beleive me you will want to go back.

Excellent first post!
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Tourism

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests