The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


First time to Cyprus and need help

Visiting Cyprus? Ask any questions you have here.

Moderator: Piratis

First time to Cyprus and need help

Postby FooLish » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:32 am

Hello All ..
I am going to Cyprus in july, and this is my first time there so i have few questions:
1- How many days should i spend in Larnaca ?
(few told me that there isnt much int it so no need to spend more than 2 days)
2- I intend to go to Limassol as well, my friends suggested going to Aya Napa or Paphos, which is better and nicer to go Aya Napa or Paphos ?
3- How far is Larnaca away from Limassol, Paphos & Aya Napa (By time not kilometers)?
4- I want names for good hotels in Larnaca
5- What do you think about the Crystal Springs in Larnaca and Cynthiana Beach Hotel in Paphos?
6- If i will go to (Limassol & Paphos), where should i go first after Larnaca, Paphos or Limassol ?
7- How far is Paphos from Larnaca airport ?
8- Where should i go in Larnaca & Limassol (advise please)

Thanks a lot for the help.
FooLish
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:49 pm

Postby Mills Chapman » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:44 am

Buy a Lonely Planet Cyprus book if you can. Or a Top 10 Cyprus Eyewitness Travel Guide. Those are your best bets for getting good answers to your questions.
User avatar
Mills Chapman
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:00 am
Location: USA (although, ideally it would be Aitutaki)

Postby FooLish » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:50 am

I live in Kuwait, such book is not available around.
I need answers from all who can help
FooLish
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:49 pm

Postby Oracle » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:57 am

Do you prefer shops to trees?

The Latchi-Polis-Pomos route has some of the best beaches, water sports and restaurants and with good nature trails and easy access to the Paphos State Forest to get away from the heat.

But I have found that things are almost twice as expensive as in other parts of the island .... But that should not be a problem if you are from Kuwaitt :D
User avatar
Oracle
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23507
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:13 am
Location: Anywhere but...

Postby michalis5354 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:06 am

Bring some oil with you and you wont have any problem. :lol:

Staying in larnaca you can travel and visit other cities like Limassol , Ayia Napa , Nicosia and Paphos , in half or 1 hour drive with a car.
User avatar
michalis5354
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1520
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:48 am

Postby FooLish » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:09 am

Believe me, being a Kuwaiti does not mean that we all have Petrol in our houses or rich !

Well I will be staying in Larnaca for 3 days maybe then i will go and stay in Limassol
1- How much time is it from Limassol to Aya Napa, Nicosia and Paphos ?
Will I have to stay in hotels in these places or one day visit is enough?

2- If I want to go to somewhere else than Limassol, where should I go Aya Napa or Paphos ?

3- How my way should be?
Larnaca -> Limassol -> Paphos or Larnaca -> Ppahos -> Limassol ?

4- What is your recommendations for good hotels in Larnaca ?
(How about the hotels in mentioned above?)

5- Is it true that i shouldnt stay in Larnaca for more than 2 days ?

6- Where to go in my visit ?
(Musems, history, mountains, please mention)

I need answers

:(
Last edited by FooLish on Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
FooLish
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:49 pm

Postby cyprusgrump » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:12 am

FooLish wrote:Well I will be staying in Larnaca for 3 days maybe then i will go and stay in Limassol
1- How much time is it from Limassol to Aya Napa, Nicosia and Paphos ?
Will I have to stay in hotels in these places or one day visit is enough?

2- If I want to go to somewhere else than Limassol, where should I go Aya Napa or Paphos ?

3- How my way should be?
Larnaca -> Limassol -> Paphos or Larnaca -> Ppahos -> Limassol ?

4- What is your recommendations for good hotels in Larnaca ?
(How about the hotels in mentioned above?)

5- Is it true that i shouldnt stay in Larnaca for more than 2 days ?

6- Where to go in my visit ?
(Musems, history, mountains, please mention)

I need answers

:(

Have you thought of looking at a map at all? :?
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Postby FooLish » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:13 am

cyprusgrump wrote:
FooLish wrote:Well I will be staying in Larnaca for 3 days maybe then i will go and stay in Limassol
1- How much time is it from Limassol to Aya Napa, Nicosia and Paphos ?
Will I have to stay in hotels in these places or one day visit is enough?

2- If I want to go to somewhere else than Limassol, where should I go Aya Napa or Paphos ?

3- How my way should be?
Larnaca -> Limassol -> Paphos or Larnaca -> Ppahos -> Limassol ?

4- What is your recommendations for good hotels in Larnaca ?
(How about the hotels in mentioned above?)

5- Is it true that i shouldnt stay in Larnaca for more than 2 days ?

6- Where to go in my visit ?
(Musems, history, mountains, please mention)

I need answers

:(

Have you thought of looking at a map at all? :?


No, whats wrong with asking nice ppl like you and having answers which is much better because you have actual experience !
Its just few questions which only need simple answers :?:
FooLish
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:49 pm

Postby cyprusgrump » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:16 am

FooLish wrote:
cyprusgrump wrote:
FooLish wrote:Well I will be staying in Larnaca for 3 days maybe then i will go and stay in Limassol
1- How much time is it from Limassol to Aya Napa, Nicosia and Paphos ?
Will I have to stay in hotels in these places or one day visit is enough?

2- If I want to go to somewhere else than Limassol, where should I go Aya Napa or Paphos ?

3- How my way should be?
Larnaca -> Limassol -> Paphos or Larnaca -> Ppahos -> Limassol ?

4- What is your recommendations for good hotels in Larnaca ?
(How about the hotels in mentioned above?)

5- Is it true that i shouldnt stay in Larnaca for more than 2 days ?

6- Where to go in my visit ?
(Musems, history, mountains, please mention)

I need answers

:(

Have you thought of looking at a map at all? :?


No, whats wrong with asking nice ppl like you and having answers which is much better because you have actual experience !
Its just few questions which only need simple answers :?:

A map would save you asking silly questions… we could then devote our time to more important matters like things you must see and do…
:wink:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Postby FooLish » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:31 am

Hehehehe
well i did what you said about and OK i have some answers.

:)

Now my other questions are:
1- Hotel recomendations in Larnaca, Paphos & Aya Napa
2- Where to go in Larnaca, Limassol, Paphos & Aya Napa history, resturants, etc).
3- How many days should i spend in Larnaca ?
(I was told not more than 2 days)
4- Aya Napa & Paphos, are they places to visit in the same day or worth to stay ?
(I will be staying in Limassol & Larnaca)

Hope there is no maps for these questions :P
FooLish
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:49 pm

Next

Return to Cyprus Tourism

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests