The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Persecution is a Tribute.

Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve our forums?

Moderator: Admin

Postby bill cobbett » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:21 pm

RichardB wrote:Just to add my support and agreement to the opinions expressed by paphitis and eliko.

This forum is not about everyone agreeing with each other all the time and all sharing the same views.

If you google cyprus-forum its comes up as a place where you can debate ...Obviously not :twisted:

If we try and silence those whose views we dont necessarily agree with then I think its time to turn off the lights and get the first bus out.

I call on Admin to reinstate GR and Oracle with immediate effect



I would add my support to this and others above and below who call for the removal of the embargo on our fellow members.
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Postby Paphitis » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:30 pm

bill cobbett wrote:
RichardB wrote:Just to add my support and agreement to the opinions expressed by paphitis and eliko.

This forum is not about everyone agreeing with each other all the time and all sharing the same views.

If you google cyprus-forum its comes up as a place where you can debate ...Obviously not :twisted:

If we try and silence those whose views we dont necessarily agree with then I think its time to turn off the lights and get the first bus out.

I call on Admin to reinstate GR and Oracle with immediate effect



I would add my support to this and others above and below who call for the removal of the embargo on our fellow members.


Thank you friends of democracy and free speech.

This assault on free speech must end and the banned accounts must be re-instated.

I ask that all like minded members express their opposition to this unfair and discriminatory assault on free speech and the unfair Crucifixion of our fellow compatriots who dared to speak their mind.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Postby Jerry » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:32 pm

Debate by all means but on this site it becomes personal and posters attack each other instead of the issue. I am quite prepared to argue a point but often ignore responses to my posts because I know where it will lead. I have, on occasions, been pursued and ridiculed on this forum by Oracle but because I'm old and boring I rarely respond these days. Gratuitously picking on someone is not debate, it serves no useful purpose. I'm of the opinion that intelligent and well informed contributors to this site (like Copperline, even if you disagree with him) are put off joining in because they are fed up with the bitching that goes on and the forum suffers as a consequence. A more civilised forum could attract new members or encourage quieter ones to speak up without fear of a tongue lashing.
Jerry
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4638
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: UK

Postby Paphitis » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:39 pm

Jerry wrote:Debate by all means but on this site it becomes personal and posters attack each other instead of the issue. I am quite prepared to argue a point but often ignore responses to my posts because I know where it will lead. I have, on occasions, been pursued and ridiculed on this forum by Oracle but because I'm old and boring I rarely respond these days. Gratuitously picking on someone is not debate, it serves no useful purpose. I'm of the opinion that intelligent and well informed contributors to this site (like Copperline, even if you disagree with him) are put off joining in because they are fed up with the bitching that goes on and the forum suffers as a consequence. A more civilised forum could attract new members or encourage quieter ones to speak up without fear of a tongue lashing.


Can you please tell me Jerry if I should use Chlorination for my back yard pool or should I use salt?

Perhaps Oracle takes you to task because you are descending this forum into something we do not want. A lifestyle forum with no substance.

So in your opinion and also for the sake of fairness, you would agree that Miltiades is also deserving to be banned because he has been fixating on personally attacking myself, GR, Oracle and Eliko for daring to think outside the box and for pushing for new frontiers. These bannings are a fraud and I for one will not tolerate this one sided bias.

ADMIN, I AND OTHERS DEMAND THAT THE BANNED ACCOUNTS OF GR AND ORACLE BE RE-INSTATED. :evil:
Last edited by Paphitis on Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Postby bill cobbett » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:40 pm

GAGGED by Jerry because I am am not intelligent or well-informed ?
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Postby SSBubbles » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:44 pm

Surely they will both just 'sign on' under different names.............. :?
User avatar
SSBubbles
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11885
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:51 pm
Location: Right here! Right now!

Postby cyprusgrump » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:54 pm

My two cents...

This is a free forum provided by the Admin to make money for them. That is the one and only reason for this boards existence.

Therefore Admin are free to decide what is acceptable to them on the board. They are also free to decide who stays and posts and who is banned...

Quite frankly I think the whole thing needs a good kick up the arse and re-organisation. Many people post here (or have posted here); Cypriots, Expats and people considering making Cyprus their home. There needs to be separate sections for those that want to debate, those that want info about Cyprus and those that just want to chat or play games.

Quite frankly, the only 'power' that the regular contributors to the board possess is to reduce the advertising revenue by reducing the number of clicks the site receives. Perhaps we can go on strike or bugger-off to another board (mine perhaps) where free speech and debate are welcomed (it being a not-for-profit site). :wink:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Postby Paphitis » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:57 pm

SSBubbles wrote:Surely they will both just 'sign on' under different names.............. :?


Don't you have another lame joke to post? :?

The GAME thread is also very busy and Deniz will surely be missing you.

Please refrain from polluting this very serious thread with your absurdities. Now bugger of unless you want to be useful and give me some advice about my swimming pool.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Postby Paphitis » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:59 pm

cyprusgrump wrote:My two cents...

This is a free forum provided by the Admin to make money for them. That is the one and only reason for this boards existence.

Therefore Admin are free to decide what is acceptable to them on the board. They are also free to decide who stays and posts and who is banned...

Quite frankly I think the whole thing needs a good kick up the arse and re-organisation. Many people post here (or have posted here); Cypriots, Expats and people considering making Cyprus their home. There needs to be separate sections for those that want to debate, those that want info about Cyprus and those that just want to chat or play games.

Quite frankly, the only 'power' that the regular contributors to the board possess is to reduce the advertising revenue by reducing the number of clicks the site receives. Perhaps we can go on strike or bugger-off to another board (mine perhaps) where free speech and debate are welcomed (it being a not-for-profit site). :wink:


With all due respect. I am not taking Admin to task as to how he or she should be running this forum. The issue is purely one of free speech and fairness. :?
Last edited by Paphitis on Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Postby Jerry » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:00 pm

bill cobbett wrote:GAGGED by Jerry because I am am not intelligent or well-informed ?


Oh come on Bill, I said put off joining.
Jerry
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4638
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: UK

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions and Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests