The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


EXERCISING MY 'FREE SPEECH'

Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve our forums?

Moderator: Admin

Postby kurupetos » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:39 pm

Goodbye granny Oracle! :cry:


Image
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Postby Jerry » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:42 pm

miltiades wrote:
SSBubbles wrote:I hear what you are saying Richard, and while I applaud some of the efforts by Paphitis and others, I do not think that Paphitis would be quite so vociferous for anyone else? Do you?

Bottom line is that Admin have the final say and GR and O are now banned (like others in the past and no doubt in the future!) for however long and they (and us) will just have to accept that

I have every faith that they will return, just be patient! :lol:

The CF is a private company , the owners have every right to ban anyone that insults directly their organization , comments and insults against Lana were out of order and commenting on the company's financial affairs irresponsible.
The forum would be rather boring and many of us would stay away no doubt if controversial contributors were not permitted to voice their opinions , sometimes in vociferous and questionable terms but that is what makes a forum interesting.
As a result of the two bans and in view of the fact that some see me as partly responsible , I would like to state here that I'm aware that Admin is keeping a very close watch on what I post , since I consider the forum to be in a way an extended part of my work here in London , I shall place restrictions on my self expressions trying not at the same time to remove all elements that contribute to an interesting debate.


I don't always agree with what you say M. or the way you express it but I applaud you for restricting your language, perhaps others could follow your example. Maybe we have all learned something from this sad event.
Jerry
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4638
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: UK

Postby SSBubbles » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:44 pm

RichardB wrote:
I hear what you are saying Richard, and while I applaud some of the efforts by Paphitis and others, I do not think that Paphitis would be quite so vociferous for anyone else? Do you?


Obviously I cannot speak for paphitis but imho I believe he would ,just as I believe that Oracle and GR would fight in defence of any member giving their honest opinion whether they agreed with it or not. And I include TCs, GCs, BCs uncle tom cobley and all in this equation.

And without bringing up an old chestnut that has already been discussed in other areas of the forum . Without these more extrovert and some might say controversal charachters on forum then we could end up discussing the price of beans in Pafos and the best place to find a willing goat etc ...Heaven forbid




...............don't you see though Richard, that is a good thing on this Forum - the fact that there are some people out there who need information and our Forum friends never hesitate to assist.

It may seem boring and mundane to some - but a necessary fact of life - IMHO......................and who are we to complain?
BTW, you can keep the goat, but how much are the beans in Pafos please? :wink: :lol:
User avatar
SSBubbles
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11885
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:51 pm
Location: Right here! Right now!

Postby SSBubbles » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:47 pm

kurupetos wrote:
miltiades wrote:
SSBubbles wrote:I hear what you are saying Richard, and while I applaud some of the efforts by Paphitis and others, I do not think that Paphitis would be quite so vociferous for anyone else? Do you?

Bottom line is that Admin have the final say and GR and O are now banned (like others in the past and no doubt in the future!) for however long and they (and us) will just have to accept that

I have every faith that they will return, just be patient! :lol:

The CF is a private company , the owners have every right to ban anyone that insults directly their organization , comments and insults against Lana were out of order and commenting on the company's financial affairs irresponsible.
The forum would be rather boring and many of us would stay away no doubt if controversial contributors were not permitted to voice their opinions , sometimes in vociferous and questionable terms but that is what makes a forum interesting.
As a result of the two bans and in view of the fact that some see me as partly responsible , I would like to state here that I'm aware that Admin is keeping a very close watch on what I post , since I consider the forum to be in a way an extended part of my work here in London , I shall place restrictions on my self expressions trying not at the same time to remove all elements that contribute to an interesting debate.


How about some restrictions to your booze? :lol:



Now you are just talking plain silly! :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
SSBubbles
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11885
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:51 pm
Location: Right here! Right now!

Postby miltiades » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:09 pm

kurupetos wrote:
miltiades wrote:
SSBubbles wrote:I hear what you are saying Richard, and while I applaud some of the efforts by Paphitis and others, I do not think that Paphitis would be quite so vociferous for anyone else? Do you?

Bottom line is that Admin have the final say and GR and O are now banned (like others in the past and no doubt in the future!) for however long and they (and us) will just have to accept that

I have every faith that they will return, just be patient! :lol:

The CF is a private company , the owners have every right to ban anyone that insults directly their organization , comments and insults against Lana were out of order and commenting on the company's financial affairs irresponsible.
The forum would be rather boring and many of us would stay away no doubt if controversial contributors were not permitted to voice their opinions , sometimes in vociferous and questionable terms but that is what makes a forum interesting.
As a result of the two bans and in view of the fact that some see me as partly responsible , I would like to state here that I'm aware that Admin is keeping a very close watch on what I post , since I consider the forum to be in a way an extended part of my work here in London , I shall place restrictions on my self expressions trying not at the same time to remove all elements that contribute to an interesting debate.


How about some restrictions to your booze? :lol:

You take a mans wine away and you remove the last bastion of human dignity and perseverance . :lol:
Cheers !
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16332
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Postby Bill » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:12 pm

RichardB wrote:
and the best place to find a willing goat etc ...Heaven forbid


Where ~ where :lol:

Bill
Bill
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1903
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 10:58 am
Location: ~ Sunny South East Coast of Cyprus

Postby RichardB » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:13 pm

Bill wrote:
RichardB wrote:
and the best place to find a willing goat etc ...Heaven forbid


Where ~ where :lol:

Bill


You go Find your own ....I aint telling no-one :twisted:
User avatar
RichardB
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3413
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 9:48 pm
Location: Blackpool/Lefkosia

Postby SSBubbles » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:27 pm

RichardB wrote:
Bill wrote:
RichardB wrote:
and the best place to find a willing goat etc ...Heaven forbid


Where ~ where :lol:

Bill


You go Find your own ....I aint telling no-one :twisted:



Bug*er the goat (yes, intentional) what about my beans? :x
User avatar
SSBubbles
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11885
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:51 pm
Location: Right here! Right now!

Postby Bill » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:31 pm

RichardB wrote:
Bill wrote:
RichardB wrote:
and the best place to find a willing goat etc ...Heaven forbid


Where ~ where :lol:

Bill


You go Find your own ....I aint telling no-one :twisted:


Now thats downright selfish :lol: :lol:

Bill
Bill
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1903
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 10:58 am
Location: ~ Sunny South East Coast of Cyprus

Postby SSBubbles » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:44 pm

Bill wrote:
RichardB wrote:
Bill wrote:
RichardB wrote:
and the best place to find a willing goat etc ...Heaven forbid


Where ~ where :lol:

Bill


You go Find your own ....I aint telling no-one :twisted:


Now thats downright selfish :lol: :lol:

Bill




......yes, yes, but what about the beans? :twisted:
User avatar
SSBubbles
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11885
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:51 pm
Location: Right here! Right now!

Previous

Return to Suggestions and Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests