The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


HOW YOU CAN FIND SOLUTION WITH A REGIME/SYSTEM LIKE TURKEY'S

Propose and discuss specific solutions to aspects of the Cyprus Problem

HOW YOU CAN FIND SOLUTION WITH A REGIME/SYSTEM LIKE TURKEY'S

Postby EPSILON » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:45 pm

Belgium had/has some political problems with its habitans because of their origin. No threats for war , not threats for killings but just discussions for a solution.Can we, in Cyprus, consider as given ,that a peacefull solution can be achieved?

The citizens of Cyprus.With whom they have to deal for a solution? With Germans, Italians, French? Not of course.!!!

They have to deal with a country, a state, a regime, a political system which is following the practices of 18th.19th century.,!!!

What they must do? How they have to handle this situation?

Personally i believe that they have to forget any solution target for the time being.!!Their target must be firstly to bring the other side to 21st century policies.How? just refusing any negotiations, unless they accept some basic internatial law>

Forget Cyprus problem, just fucus on equality of Turkish citizens in mainland Turkey. Target their rights, their participation in the country's things.Just spend 5-10 years only for this. Then another 5-10 years target to European or West democracy requirements to apply in local life of mainland Turkey. Then you can expect Turkey to be the best ally of Cyprus (including both T/cs and G/cs.

Otherwise, we are just spending our time - no solution can be achieved in co-operation with Monglolian rule and Generals complexs.

Brgds
User avatar
EPSILON
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2851
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 2:28 pm
Location: ATHENS

Re: HOW YOU CAN FIND SOLUTION WITH A REGIME/SYSTEM LIKE TURK

Postby EPSILON » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:49 pm

EPSILON wrote:Belgium had/has some political problems with its habitans because of their origin. No threats for war , not threats for killings but just discussions for a solution.Can we, in Cyprus, consider as given ,that a peacefull solution can be achieved?

The citizens of Cyprus.With whom they have to deal for a solution? With Germans, Italians, French? Not of course.!!!

They have to deal with a country, a state, a regime, a political system which is following the practices of 18th.19th century.,!!!

What they must do? How they have to handle this situation?

Personally i believe that they have to forget any solution target for the time being.!!Their target must be firstly to bring the other side to 21st century policies.How? just refusing any negotiations, unless they accept some basic internatial law>

Forget Cyprus problem, just fucus on equality of Turkish citizens in mainland Turkey. Target their rights, their participation in the country's things.Just spend 5-10 years only for this. Then another 5-10 years target to European or West democracy requirements to apply in local life of mainland Turkey. Then you can expect Turkey to be the best ally of Cyprus (including both T/cs and G/cs.

Otherwise, we are just spending our time - no solution can be achieved in co-operation with Monglolian rule and Generals complexs.

Brgds


Resent incidents in Istanbul and these coming in next few days proving what I mean
User avatar
EPSILON
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2851
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 2:28 pm
Location: ATHENS

Postby Oracle » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:59 pm

isria wrote:Cyprus: Foreign Minister Kyprianou on a visit to northern Greece

The Foreign Minister Markos Kyprianou who is on a three day visit to northern Greece had a meting yesterday with the Prefect of Thessaloniki Panayiotis Psomiades. Speaking to reporters after the meeting Mr Kyprianou said that a solution in the Cyprus problem cannot be achieved without Turkey's positive stance. Responding to a question whether steps are being taken to improve Nicosia-Ankara relations, 34 years after the Turkish invasion, Mr Kyrpianou replied: "not to the extent these should have been made and one would have expected."

Mr Kyprianou briefed Mr Psomiades on the on-going efforts towards resolving the Cyprus question underlining that Cyprus enjoys full support from the Government and the people of Greece. Issues of mutual interest including relations with the Balkans and Cyprus' participation in the EU were also discussed during the meeting.

The Foreign Minister later inaugurated a Cyprus section under the name "Spyros Kyprianou" at the Municipal Library of Veria. The books have been donated by the Cyprus Consulate General at Thessaoloniki. Moreover, the Minister delivered a speech on "The European future of a unified Cyprus.


Unfortunately the Turks are the ones we have to force to listen ... somehow!
User avatar
Oracle
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23507
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:13 am
Location: Anywhere but...

Postby bill cobbett » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:16 am

Oracle wrote:
isria wrote:Cyprus: Foreign Minister Kyprianou on a visit to northern Greece

The Foreign Minister Markos Kyprianou who is on a three day visit to northern Greece had a meting yesterday with the Prefect of Thessaloniki Panayiotis Psomiades. Speaking to reporters after the meeting Mr Kyprianou said that a solution in the Cyprus problem cannot be achieved without Turkey's positive stance. Responding to a question whether steps are being taken to improve Nicosia-Ankara relations, 34 years after the Turkish invasion, Mr Kyrpianou replied: "not to the extent these should have been made and one would have expected."

Mr Kyprianou briefed Mr Psomiades on the on-going efforts towards resolving the Cyprus question underlining that Cyprus enjoys full support from the Government and the people of Greece. Issues of mutual interest including relations with the Balkans and Cyprus' participation in the EU were also discussed during the meeting.

The Foreign Minister later inaugurated a Cyprus section under the name "Spyros Kyprianou" at the Municipal Library of Veria. The books have been donated by the Cyprus Consulate General at Thessaoloniki. Moreover, the Minister delivered a speech on "The European future of a unified Cyprus.


Unfortunately the Turks are the ones we have to force to listen ... somehow!


Keep the faith and do not despair our sister O. Remember the greatest of the Cypriot virtues is the stubborn patience that has seen off all the world's great empires. Here's to the next 34 years or 340 years for that matter.

Yia sas. :)
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Postby roseandchan » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:17 am

turkey needs reform to join the e.u. i believe that part of that reform will be to allow the trnc to make its own way in finding a solution to the cyprus problem. trouble is turkey does have a financial interest in the trnc.
roseandchan
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: as far away from beetroot man as possible.

Postby DT. » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:35 pm

roseandchan wrote:turkey needs reform to join the e.u. i believe that part of that reform will be to allow the trnc to make its own way in finding a solution to the cyprus problem. trouble is turkey does have a financial interest in the trnc.


financial interest in the form of a frustrated creditor throwing good money after bad?
User avatar
DT.
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12200
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:34 pm
Location: Lefkosia


Return to Cyprus Problem Solution Proposals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest