The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Euro rate

Visiting Cyprus? Ask any questions you have here.

Moderator: Piratis

Euro rate

Postby houlkz » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:53 pm

Hi we're off to Protaras in 2 weeks time, does anyone know that the euro rate is at the moment over there.
User avatar
houlkz
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:54 pm

Postby kurupetos » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:01 pm

To what? :?

Here is a converter: http://www.xe.com/ucc/
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17891
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Postby houlkz » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:32 pm

Sorry was my question not clear does anyone know how many euros they are giving to the english pound in Protaras
User avatar
houlkz
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:54 pm

Postby siobhan1989 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:19 pm

the Euro is equal to the Pound at the moment. 1 Euro for every Pound you take!
User avatar
siobhan1989
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Euro rate

Postby Smiler Brian » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:26 pm

houlkz wrote:Hi we're off to Protaras in 2 weeks time, does anyone know that the euro rate is at the moment over there.


Limassol shops are offering €1.20 for sterling. eg you give them £10, they allow you €12.00.
User avatar
Smiler Brian
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:17 pm

Postby Bill » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:24 pm

siobhan1989 wrote:the Euro is equal to the Pound at the moment. 1 Euro for every Pound you take!


Really ~~ :shock: :? ~ I noticed that they are offering 1.24 euro's to the GB pound at the kiosks yesterday and that's with no commission to pay :D .

Although I can probably see the pound worth 1 euro one day it hasn't got that desperate yet :shock:

Using my Nationwide card at a ATM I got 1.26 euro's to the pound last Friday with absolutely no charges / commission made by either bank.

So you are really way off the mark and frightening people unnecessarily .

Bill
Bill
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1903
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 10:58 am
Location: ~ Sunny South East Coast of Cyprus

Postby siobhan1989 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:21 pm

Bill wrote:
siobhan1989 wrote:the Euro is equal to the Pound at the moment. 1 Euro for every Pound you take!


Really ~~ :shock: :? ~ I noticed that they are offering 1.24 euro's to the GB pound at the kiosks yesterday and that's with no commission to pay :D .

Although I can probably see the pound worth 1 euro one day it hasn't got that desperate yet :shock:

Using my Nationwide card at a ATM I got 1.26 euro's to the pound last Friday with absolutely no charges / commission made by either bank.

So you are really way off the mark and frightening people unnecessarily .

Bill


i checked on the website quoted by someone above and it says for £700 you get 700 Euros.
User avatar
siobhan1989
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Postby siobhan1989 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:25 pm

http://www.xe.com/ucc/
Try this..Bill. it changes all the time. earlier today it said 1 Euro for 1 Pound, now it says 1.27 Euro to the Pound.
so before accusing me of 'scaring people unnecessarily' check this website regulary.
User avatar
siobhan1989
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Postby Bill » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:33 pm

siobhan1989 wrote:Try this..Bill. it changes all the time. earlier today it said 1 Euro for 1 Pound, now it says 1.27 Euro to the Pound.
so before accusing me of 'scaring people unnecessarily' check this website regulary.


First of all siobhan xe.com doesn't give you the tourist rate which I understand is what houlkz wanted to know.

Second ~ the pound to euro rate has not yet gone so far down to be on parity ~ so unless you looked at the wrong rates or xe.com had a blip and it was a mistake, that wasn't the correct rate.

I'll repeat it was 1.24 Euro to a GB pound yesterday at the local exchange kiosks which is a fair bit better than achievable in the UK and that's what houlkz was asking for.

The pound has fallen so badly against the Euro it's going to be very expensive to holiday anywhere in the Euro zone now.

Bill
Bill
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1903
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 10:58 am
Location: ~ Sunny South East Coast of Cyprus

Postby bill cobbett » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:48 pm

Mrs bill c. got a commision free €1.21 at the travel agents in the local High Street in London, GB this morning.

As my namesake bill (hi namesake bill) suggests above, I would expect to get much better at the shops in the tourist areas in CY in a few days time when we change the bulk of our sterling. I suspect 1.23-1.24.

Yep an expensive little holiday.
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Next

Return to Cyprus Tourism

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests