The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Violance in the Koran.

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Violance in the Koran.

Postby Main_Source » Mon May 30, 2005 5:12 pm

Indeed those who fight Allah and his Prophet and hang around corrupting the people will be put to death, crucified, banished or have their arms and feet cut on different sides as a punishment. This will be their shame in this life and their punishment will be even more dreadful in the coming life". (Koran, Surah 5, Ayat 33)


I would just like to hear from some of the muslims here how they interpret such an extract from their holy book. To be a devout muslim, must you lead your life exactly how they Koran says?...and if so, how does such an extract compare to the way of muslim life.

This is one issue of Islam I cant understand and would like some info pleeeeeease.
Main_Source
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2009
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:11 pm

Postby devil » Mon May 30, 2005 5:37 pm

Before posting something like this, I suggest you read
http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/nt.html

Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone.

Furthermore, this is irrelevant to the Cyprus Forum.
devil
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1536
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:33 pm

Postby Main_Source » Mon May 30, 2005 5:53 pm

hold on...this isn't a put down on Islam...its just a legitmate question.
Main_Source
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2009
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:11 pm

Postby erolz » Mon May 30, 2005 7:46 pm

Main_Source wrote:hold on...this isn't a put down on Islam...its just a legitmate question.


Have you read the bible?
erolz
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:00 pm
Location: Girne / Kyrenia

Re: Violance in the Koran.

Postby Murtaza » Mon May 30, 2005 8:10 pm

Main_Source wrote:
Indeed those who fight Allah and his Prophet and hang around corrupting the people will be put to death, crucified, banished or have their arms and feet cut on different sides as a punishment. This will be their shame in this life and their punishment will be even more dreadful in the coming life". (Koran, Surah 5, Ayat 33)


I would just like to hear from some of the muslims here how they interpret such an extract from their holy book. To be a devout muslim, must you lead your life exactly how they Koran says?...and if so, how does such an extract compare to the way of muslim life.

This is one issue of Islam I cant understand and would like some info pleeeeeease.


On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land.
(Koran, Surah 5, Ayat 32)

Except for those who repent before they fall into your power: in that case, know that Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
(Koran, Surah 5, Ayat 34)


Did you even hear someone have their arms and feet cut on different sides as a punishment. I didnt.
Murtaza
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 849
Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 3:26 pm

Postby Main_Source » Mon May 30, 2005 9:38 pm

Erolz, how can you answer a question with a question?

Murtaza, I never heard of people havin there arms and feet cut off on both sides...but I never said muslims did this...I only wanted an interpretation on a quote from the koran.

Fuck It, lets talk about all GC apparently commiting genocide against TC...i'm sure you'll comeout of your shell there!!!
Main_Source
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2009
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:11 pm

Postby Murtaza » Mon May 30, 2005 9:41 pm

Main_Source wrote:Erolz, how can you answer a question with a question?

Murtaza, I never heard of people havin there arms and feet cut off on both sides...but I never said muslims did this...I only wanted an interpretation on a quote from the koran.

Fuck It, lets talk about all GC apparently commiting genocide against TC...i'm sure you'll comeout of your shell there!!!


No need:)
I thing some people killed because of this guilt.
Hmm remember at least one crusader, beheaded by Selahattin himself.
I think with this Ayat, It dont say ordinary people, but fight and harmed a lot people.
Not a standart crusader, Or christian but someone like Selahattin behaded.
Infact you most probably know him.
I remember he flied cyprus and killed much Greek too.
But not sure.
Murtaza
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 849
Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 3:26 pm

Postby Murtaza » Mon May 30, 2005 9:44 pm

I am curious which cite you take it?
I dont think you read it from Quran itself?
Murtaza
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 849
Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 3:26 pm

Postby Main_Source » Mon May 30, 2005 9:49 pm

its just a quote I saw from that Hellenic National Front website and it caught my eye. I'm just curious to the reaction of it from muslims. wasn't supposed to be a tit-for-tat game that Erolz likes to play.

By the way, you do know the Greek Orthodox Church hates the Crusaders almost as much as the Muslims do yeah?
Main_Source
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2009
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:11 pm

Postby Murtaza » Mon May 30, 2005 9:59 pm

Main_Source wrote:its just a quote I saw from that Hellenic National Front website and it caught my eye. I'm just curious to the reaction of it from muslims. wasn't supposed to be a tit-for-tat game that Erolz likes to play.

By the way, you do know the Greek Orthodox Church hates the Crusaders almost as much as the Muslims do yeah?


Yes
I think both Turks and Greeks hate them.
And I remember 3 crusadeGreeks allied with Turks but not sure.
This is one reason why crusader destroyed Istanbul.
Or At least I know Greek dont helped Crusaders at 3 Crusade.

But They helped 1. and 2.(But this time I think They are undesirous.)
After all they are More barbarian than us :wink:

On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land.
Ayat 32

This is the Ayat, which come just before the Ayat you quote.
I dont understand why they didnt take this also :shock:
Murtaza
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 849
Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 3:26 pm

Next

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests