The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Turkish girls sold to Arabs

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Postby Oracle » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:25 pm

denizaksulu wrote:
Oracle wrote:
denizaksulu wrote:
Oracle wrote:
denizaksulu wrote:
Oracle wrote:
denizaksulu wrote:http://www.essay-911.com/samples/Slavery.htm


Might be an Eye Opener. I think the Greeks invented slavery :lol: like everything else.


No they didn't invent it, but they did abandon it as a bad idea thousands of years ago.

So, what made the Turks think it was a good idea to resurrect it? .... after everyone else, also, decided it was a bad idea!


Read what Plato said about slavery. If it was good for the Greeks its damn well good for the others. :wink:


I was only responding to Yialoussa response. 'Seek and ye shall find'.


Yes, Plato ... some 2,300 years ago.

How does your name-dropping, justify those who practice slavery to this day?



When it suits you, you always quote the ancient Greeks. so..............

whats good for the goose............... :lol:


No, not when it "suits" me, but when it is justified, I would quote the ancient Greeks, or any other authority.

So Deniz, how does your quote justify what is practiced by Turks, so recently?

... or did you just make an error in simply attempting justification?



I do not justify it at all. I was pointing out to Yialoussa that it has been going on for eons.

Do you know the circumstances of these girls being 'sold'? or was it merely the 'dowry' system which makes it look like 'slave trade'. It needs to be researched. At least we know that modern (ok 16th Century- 19th Century) was meant to be a profitable venture en masse. 'The TCs girls' perhaps you could count them with the gigits of one hand. How widespread was it? any ideas?


Still trying to justify this practice .... :roll:
User avatar
Oracle
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23507
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:13 am
Location: Anywhere but...

Postby denizaksulu » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:30 pm

Oracle wrote:
denizaksulu wrote:
Oracle wrote:
denizaksulu wrote:
Oracle wrote:
denizaksulu wrote:
Oracle wrote:
denizaksulu wrote:http://www.essay-911.com/samples/Slavery.htm


Might be an Eye Opener. I think the Greeks invented slavery :lol: like everything else.


No they didn't invent it, but they did abandon it as a bad idea thousands of years ago.

So, what made the Turks think it was a good idea to resurrect it? .... after everyone else, also, decided it was a bad idea!


Read what Plato said about slavery. If it was good for the Greeks its damn well good for the others. :wink:


I was only responding to Yialoussa response. 'Seek and ye shall find'.


Yes, Plato ... some 2,300 years ago.

How does your name-dropping, justify those who practice slavery to this day?



When it suits you, you always quote the ancient Greeks. so..............

whats good for the goose............... :lol:


No, not when it "suits" me, but when it is justified, I would quote the ancient Greeks, or any other authority.

So Deniz, how does your quote justify what is practiced by Turks, so recently?

... or did you just make an error in simply attempting justification?



I do not justify it at all. I was pointing out to Yialoussa that it has been going on for eons.

Do you know the circumstances of these girls being 'sold'? or was it merely the 'dowry' system which makes it look like 'slave trade'. It needs to be researched. At least we know that modern (ok 16th Century- 19th Century) was meant to be a profitable venture en masse. 'The TCs girls' perhaps you could count them with the gigits of one hand. How widespread was it? any ideas?


Still trying to justify this practice .... :roll:



How can I? It is abhorent to me as it is abhorent to other civilised people. The ancients did not think so though!!.
User avatar
denizaksulu
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 36050
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 11:04 am

Postby Oracle » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:52 pm

denizaksulu wrote:
Oracle wrote:
denizaksulu wrote:
Oracle wrote:
denizaksulu wrote:
Oracle wrote:
denizaksulu wrote:
Oracle wrote:
denizaksulu wrote:http://www.essay-911.com/samples/Slavery.htm


Might be an Eye Opener. I think the Greeks invented slavery :lol: like everything else.


No they didn't invent it, but they did abandon it as a bad idea thousands of years ago.

So, what made the Turks think it was a good idea to resurrect it? .... after everyone else, also, decided it was a bad idea!


Read what Plato said about slavery. If it was good for the Greeks its damn well good for the others. :wink:


I was only responding to Yialoussa response. 'Seek and ye shall find'.


Yes, Plato ... some 2,300 years ago.

How does your name-dropping, justify those who practice slavery to this day?



When it suits you, you always quote the ancient Greeks. so..............

whats good for the goose............... :lol:


No, not when it "suits" me, but when it is justified, I would quote the ancient Greeks, or any other authority.

So Deniz, how does your quote justify what is practiced by Turks, so recently?

... or did you just make an error in simply attempting justification?



I do not justify it at all. I was pointing out to Yialoussa that it has been going on for eons.

Do you know the circumstances of these girls being 'sold'? or was it merely the 'dowry' system which makes it look like 'slave trade'. It needs to be researched. At least we know that modern (ok 16th Century- 19th Century) was meant to be a profitable venture en masse. 'The TCs girls' perhaps you could count them with the gigits of one hand. How widespread was it? any ideas?


Still trying to justify this practice .... :roll:



How can I? It is abhorent to me as it is abhorent to other civilised people. The ancients did not think so though!!.


The ancients became the moderns ... and they do think so!

... or are you telling me the Turks live their life according to all Plato's moral rationalisms? .... as interpreted by them, of course!

Of course, you would be surprised at how many more rights those slaves in ancient times had, than some "free" women are afforded these days ....
User avatar
Oracle
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23507
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:13 am
Location: Anywhere but...

Postby denizaksulu » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:10 pm

Oracle wrote:
denizaksulu wrote:
Oracle wrote:
denizaksulu wrote:
Oracle wrote:
denizaksulu wrote:
Oracle wrote:
denizaksulu wrote:
Oracle wrote:
denizaksulu wrote:http://www.essay-911.com/samples/Slavery.htm


Might be an Eye Opener. I think the Greeks invented slavery :lol: like everything else.


No they didn't invent it, but they did abandon it as a bad idea thousands of years ago.

So, what made the Turks think it was a good idea to resurrect it? .... after everyone else, also, decided it was a bad idea!


Read what Plato said about slavery. If it was good for the Greeks its damn well good for the others. :wink:


I was only responding to Yialoussa response. 'Seek and ye shall find'.


Yes, Plato ... some 2,300 years ago.

How does your name-dropping, justify those who practice slavery to this day?



When it suits you, you always quote the ancient Greeks. so..............

whats good for the goose............... :lol:


No, not when it "suits" me, but when it is justified, I would quote the ancient Greeks, or any other authority.

So Deniz, how does your quote justify what is practiced by Turks, so recently?

... or did you just make an error in simply attempting justification?



I do not justify it at all. I was pointing out to Yialoussa that it has been going on for eons.

Do you know the circumstances of these girls being 'sold'? or was it merely the 'dowry' system which makes it look like 'slave trade'. It needs to be researched. At least we know that modern (ok 16th Century- 19th Century) was meant to be a profitable venture en masse. 'The TCs girls' perhaps you could count them with the gigits of one hand. How widespread was it? any ideas?


Still trying to justify this practice .... :roll:



How can I? It is abhorent to me as it is abhorent to other civilised people. The ancients did not think so though!!.


The ancients became the moderns ... and they do think so!

... or are you telling me the Turks live their life according to all Plato's moral rationalisms? .... as interpreted by them, of course!

Of course, you would be surprised at how many more rights those slaves in ancient times had, than some "free" women are afforded these days ....



"The ancients became the moderns ... and they do think so!"


The 'ancients' or the 'moderns'?

The 'Turks' simply followed suit dear. They did nothing that was strange to European nations of the time.
User avatar
denizaksulu
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 36050
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 11:04 am

Postby DT. » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:19 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Oracle wrote:So Deniz, how does your quote justify what is practiced by Turks, so recently?

Soon, I will answer your questions and more, because my next phase involves human rights abuses in Greece with a special emphasis on minorities. :lol:

Start praying to the 12 gods of Olympus from now because you're gonna need all the help you can get... 8)


As long as you don't mind me calling you Pourgourides from now on. :wink:
User avatar
DT.
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12200
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:34 pm
Location: Lefkosia

Postby denizaksulu » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:28 pm

DT. wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Oracle wrote:So Deniz, how does your quote justify what is practiced by Turks, so recently?

Soon, I will answer your questions and more, because my next phase involves human rights abuses in Greece with a special emphasis on minorities. :lol:

Start praying to the 12 gods of Olympus from now because you're gonna need all the help you can get... 8)


As long as you don't mind me calling you Pourgourides from now on. :wink:



Talking of the Greek Pantheon (or was that Roman?) the Gods of Olympus, who remembers the series on British TV, about the Olympian Gods and some events in Cyprus/Greece. Greek actors(perhaps Cypriot and a European lady whose name I forgot, (but at the tip of my tongue). A Greco/Italian type name she had. High cheeks bones and blonde (probably dyed).
User avatar
denizaksulu
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 36050
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 11:04 am

Postby denizaksulu » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:01 pm

Got it!!

Alexandra Bastedo co-starred.

The Aphrodite Inheritance, 1978/78 :lol:
User avatar
denizaksulu
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 36050
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 11:04 am

Postby denizaksulu » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:21 pm




I enjoyed it at the time. Never missed an episode.
User avatar
denizaksulu
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 36050
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 11:04 am

Postby ahristos » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:22 pm

AMAN AMAN
ahristos
Member
Member
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:35 pm
Location: ALBANIA

Postby YFred » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:28 pm

ahristos wrote:AMAN AMAN

Thats another nice song by Nulifer!
User avatar
YFred
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12100
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:22 am
Location: Lurucina-Upon-Thames

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest