The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


CoE calls on Cyprus to promote Armenian

Benefits and problems from the EU membership.

Postby Oracle » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:55 pm

insan wrote: :lol: TCs were alive before the opening of the check points and would be alive in case the check points r closed ...


Good! Because personally, that's exactly what I would do. Shut you all in with the Turks you crave and seek the solution with the outside world.

You are not worth consulting until you grow up and accept the world does not revolve along your unfair demands.

My embargoes would include jamming all signals and Internet access ... you are SOOO lucky I am not in charge or you would be living like a caveman without even a supply of turmeric ... you spoilt hippy child!
User avatar
Oracle
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23507
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:13 am
Location: Anywhere but...

Postby insan » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:13 pm

Oracle wrote:
insan wrote: :lol: TCs were alive before the opening of the check points and would be alive in case the check points r closed ...


Good! Because personally, that's exactly what I would do. Shut you all in with the Turks you crave and seek the solution with the outside world.

You are not worth consulting until you grow up and accept the world does not revolve along your unfair demands.

My embargoes would include jamming all signals and Internet access ... you are SOOO lucky I am not in charge or you would be living like a caveman without even a supply of turmeric ... you spoilt hippy child!


You r very funny Oracle. :lol:
User avatar
insan
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9037
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:33 pm
Location: Somewhere in ur network. ;]

Postby Get Real! » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:23 pm

insan wrote:“The political equality of the two communities in and the bi-communal nature of the federation need to be acknowledged. While political equality does not mean equal numerical participation in all federal government branches and administration, it should be reflected inter alia in various ways: in the requirement that the federal constitution of the State of Cyprus be approved or amended with the concurrence of both communities; in the effective participation of both communities in all organs and decisions of the federal Government in safeguards to ensure that the federal Government will not be empowered to adopt any measures against the interests of one community; and in the equality and identical powers and functions of the two federated States.”

This is BLATANT ETHNICITY PITTING to ensure the downfall of a government/nation because what it’s essentially suggesting is the use of ETHNIC VETO in every decision!

I’m disgusted that such rubbish is considered in this day and age!
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40430
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Postby zan » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:34 pm

Get Real! wrote:
insan wrote:“The political equality of the two communities in and the bi-communal nature of the federation need to be acknowledged. While political equality does not mean equal numerical participation in all federal government branches and administration, it should be reflected inter alia in various ways: in the requirement that the federal constitution of the State of Cyprus be approved or amended with the concurrence of both communities; in the effective participation of both communities in all organs and decisions of the federal Government in safeguards to ensure that the federal Government will not be empowered to adopt any measures against the interests of one community; and in the equality and identical powers and functions of the two federated States.”

This is BLATANT ETHNICITY PITTING to ensure the downfall of a government/nation because what it’s essentially suggesting is the use of ETHNIC VETO in every decision!

I’m disgusted that such rubbish is considered in this day and age!



I agree! :shock: Send back your EU membership!!!!!! :lol:
User avatar
zan
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16213
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:55 pm

Postby Get Real! » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:35 pm

zan wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
insan wrote:“The political equality of the two communities in and the bi-communal nature of the federation need to be acknowledged. While political equality does not mean equal numerical participation in all federal government branches and administration, it should be reflected inter alia in various ways: in the requirement that the federal constitution of the State of Cyprus be approved or amended with the concurrence of both communities; in the effective participation of both communities in all organs and decisions of the federal Government in safeguards to ensure that the federal Government will not be empowered to adopt any measures against the interests of one community; and in the equality and identical powers and functions of the two federated States.”

This is BLATANT ETHNICITY PITTING to ensure the downfall of a government/nation because what it’s essentially suggesting is the use of ETHNIC VETO in every decision!

I’m disgusted that such rubbish is considered in this day and age!


I agree! :shock: Send back your EU membership!!!!!! :lol:

I don't know why we even bothered... :?
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40430
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Postby zan » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:43 pm

Get Real! wrote:
zan wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
insan wrote:“The political equality of the two communities in and the bi-communal nature of the federation need to be acknowledged. While political equality does not mean equal numerical participation in all federal government branches and administration, it should be reflected inter alia in various ways: in the requirement that the federal constitution of the State of Cyprus be approved or amended with the concurrence of both communities; in the effective participation of both communities in all organs and decisions of the federal Government in safeguards to ensure that the federal Government will not be empowered to adopt any measures against the interests of one community; and in the equality and identical powers and functions of the two federated States.”

This is BLATANT ETHNICITY PITTING to ensure the downfall of a government/nation because what it’s essentially suggesting is the use of ETHNIC VETO in every decision!

I’m disgusted that such rubbish is considered in this day and age!


I agree! :shock: Send back your EU membership!!!!!! :lol:

I don't know why we even bothered... :?



To stop a war.............thats all.
User avatar
zan
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16213
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:55 pm

Postby Piratis » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:53 pm

insan wrote:
B25 wrote:Insan, becareful what you wish for as you may just get it.

Then you will have real problems, you are just fortunate that our Pres X is a softie otherwise we would have sent you packing long ago.


I really wish a president like Piratis, Oracle or u for GC community. In such a case, partition would 100% have been justified in just few seconds.


Based on what would partition be justified? Partition is not justified now and it will never be justified because the land you illegally occupied with your invasion belongs by 80% to Greek Cypriots.

I think you misunderstood our goodwill and the compromises we indicated we would be willing to make under certain conditions (BBF etc). You have absolutely no right for such demands and the only reason we accepted to make such compromises is because you are blackmailing us by keeping half of our homeland as a hostage.
User avatar
Piratis
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 12261
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:08 pm

Postby insan » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:02 pm

Get Real! wrote:
insan wrote:“The political equality of the two communities in and the bi-communal nature of the federation need to be acknowledged. While political equality does not mean equal numerical participation in all federal government branches and administration, it should be reflected inter alia in various ways: in the requirement that the federal constitution of the State of Cyprus be approved or amended with the concurrence of both communities; in the effective participation of both communities in all organs and decisions of the federal Government in safeguards to ensure that the federal Government will not be empowered to adopt any measures against the interests of one community; and in the equality and identical powers and functions of the two federated States.”

This is BLATANT ETHNICITY PITTING to ensure the downfall of a government/nation because what it’s essentially suggesting is the use of ETHNIC VETO in every decision!

I’m disgusted that such rubbish is considered in this day and age!


No, GR! What it's essentially suggesting is the use of veto in case one of the ethnic groups attempts to go against the legal rights and freedoms of other ethnic group... We call it fair play...
User avatar
insan
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9037
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:33 pm
Location: Somewhere in ur network. ;]

Postby Get Real! » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:15 pm

insan wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
insan wrote:“The political equality of the two communities in and the bi-communal nature of the federation need to be acknowledged. While political equality does not mean equal numerical participation in all federal government branches and administration, it should be reflected inter alia in various ways: in the requirement that the federal constitution of the State of Cyprus be approved or amended with the concurrence of both communities; in the effective participation of both communities in all organs and decisions of the federal Government in safeguards to ensure that the federal Government will not be empowered to adopt any measures against the interests of one community; and in the equality and identical powers and functions of the two federated States.”

This is BLATANT ETHNICITY PITTING to ensure the downfall of a government/nation because what it’s essentially suggesting is the use of ETHNIC VETO in every decision!

I’m disgusted that such rubbish is considered in this day and age!


No, GR! What it's essentially suggesting is the use of veto in case one of the ethnic groups attempts to go against the legal rights and freedoms of other ethnic group... We call it fair play...

:shock: You call it “fair play” yet that's what destroyed us in the first place!

If you go back to what made Makarios suggest the 13 point amendments you’ll find it was because the ethnic veto kept paralyzing the country, and you wanna go back to that again??? :?
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40430
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Postby insan » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:46 pm

Get Real! wrote:
insan wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
insan wrote:“The political equality of the two communities in and the bi-communal nature of the federation need to be acknowledged. While political equality does not mean equal numerical participation in all federal government branches and administration, it should be reflected inter alia in various ways: in the requirement that the federal constitution of the State of Cyprus be approved or amended with the concurrence of both communities; in the effective participation of both communities in all organs and decisions of the federal Government in safeguards to ensure that the federal Government will not be empowered to adopt any measures against the interests of one community; and in the equality and identical powers and functions of the two federated States.”

This is BLATANT ETHNICITY PITTING to ensure the downfall of a government/nation because what it’s essentially suggesting is the use of ETHNIC VETO in every decision!

I’m disgusted that such rubbish is considered in this day and age!


No, GR! What it's essentially suggesting is the use of veto in case one of the ethnic groups attempts to go against the legal rights and freedoms of other ethnic group... We call it fair play...

:shock: You call it “fair play” yet that's what destroyed us in the first place!

If you go back to what made Makarios suggest the 13 point amendments you’ll find it was because the ethnic veto kept paralyzing the country, and you wanna go back to that again??? :?


I hope u won't deny the fact that sole aim of Makarios and his backing pressure groups was still Enosis. I don't have concrete evidence whether he and his backers were looking for excuses to create an impression that TCs were paralyzing the government with their ethnic veto but logically I could comfortably claim that Makarios and his backing pressure groups were looking for excuses to create impressions that TCs were blocking the smooth functioning of RoC.(Soon i'll go library to explore then the TC media of 1960-63 period.)

Let's assume everything was working perfectly, would such a smooth functioning state of affairs stop Makarios, his backing pressure groups and opposing groups(especially Grivasites) ploting to ensure GC rule/Enosis in Cyprus? 99% NO!
User avatar
insan
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9037
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:33 pm
Location: Somewhere in ur network. ;]

Previous

Return to Cyprus and the European Union

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests