The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Avatars

Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve our forums?

Moderator: Admin

Postby umit07 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:24 am

Paphitis wrote:
umit07 wrote:Zan had the same argument with the ADMIN a while back in this thread;

http://www.cyprus-forum.com/viewtopic.p ... sc&start=0

As for the TRNC it may not be recognized, but it's flag cannot be rendered illegal to fly.

Yasemin, if you really want to display the flag you can just post a link to a image in your signature.

P.S: Paphitis although the TRNC is not recognized by Australia, it's flag can be exhibited freely by anyone.


UMIT07, I could fly the Pirate Flag if I wanted too, but just like the "trnc" flag it would be meaningless....or just piece of cloth!

Happy New Year buddy! :)


A flag is mere representation, like you said the TRNC flag dignifies no material meaning within the international community, since the state itself is not recognized. All I'm trying to say is that if someone wants to display it they have the right to do so.

Happy new year to you to.
User avatar
umit07
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2073
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:02 pm

Re: Avatars

Postby Oracle » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:25 am

yasemin wrote:How come in the Avatar Gallery there is just about every different flag in the world but there isn't the TRNC flag??


I designed one for a happy place for Turks called "TWIT", but Admin won't let me use that either :roll:

Do i detect Bias?


Yes! :(
User avatar
Oracle
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23507
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:13 am
Location: Anywhere but...

Postby Paphitis » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:29 am

umit07 wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
umit07 wrote:Zan had the same argument with the ADMIN a while back in this thread;

http://www.cyprus-forum.com/viewtopic.p ... sc&start=0

As for the TRNC it may not be recognized, but it's flag cannot be rendered illegal to fly.

Yasemin, if you really want to display the flag you can just post a link to a image in your signature.

P.S: Paphitis although the TRNC is not recognized by Australia, it's flag can be exhibited freely by anyone.


UMIT07, I could fly the Pirate Flag if I wanted too, but just like the "trnc" flag it would be meaningless....or just piece of cloth!

Happy New Year buddy! :)


A flag is mere representation, like you said the TRNC flag dignifies no material meaning within the international community, since the state itself is not recognized. All I'm trying to say is that if someone wants to display it they have the right to do so.

Happy new year to you to.


Well, Australia is a democracy where even the Nazi Flag can be displayed as well.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Postby miltiades » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:00 pm

yasemin wrote:Haha since when is a flag illegal??
TRNC is recognised as a matter of fact, but the inbred blood in you must be affecting your judgment. If you wish to argue maybe Turkey should involve it's army which happens to be 100 times bigger and better than yours, so i can be a dick head and i can be what ever i want. Typical Greeks not knowing how to express themselves other than threats.
Why don't you take your own advice and if Cyprus is such a terrible place to live in because of the Turkish army.. THEN MOVE BACK TO YOUR BELOVED GREECE.
Then again what the fuck would you know, you weren't around when your grandfather slaughtered my aunts and uncles, or are you still living in denial. But i guess i can't blame you, you's have all been brainwashed since birth to believe that it's the Turks that started it all.

What an arrogant stupid individual this moron is.Piss off to your motherland mate , Cyprus is ours , the Cypriots what the fuck are you a settler or just a plain stupid man.
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16332
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Postby boomerang » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:16 pm

people need to understand that the atca brain dead forum is dead and the misfits are over here in droves on a wind up mission...that includes comical expat... :lol:

check it out and see for yourselves...
Last edited by boomerang on Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
boomerang
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7218
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 5:56 am

Postby denizaksulu » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:02 pm

Oracle wrote:
BOF wrote:well the seasonal goodwill to all men didnt last long then.... :roll: :bawling:


The Turk started it!
(again)



Oh no they didn't............... :lol: :lol:
User avatar
denizaksulu
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 36050
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 11:04 am

Re: Avatars

Postby paliometoxo » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:29 pm

yasemin wrote:How come in the Avatar Gallery there is just about every different flag in the world but there isn't the TRNC flag??

Do i detect Bias?


your question has been asked and answered before..

http://www.cyprus-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=15577

ADMIN

Please can you explain why there is no option for us to use the TRNC/KKTC flag as an Avatar. If you are going to tell me it is illegal then can you please post the relevant laws that say it is for my information. Please refrain from using association to the TRNC/KKTC being illegal so the flag must be...If you have not seen the post I made of the driving license issue I will be more than happy to tell it again.
Thank you



his answer was...

Hello Zan,

The flag is not included in the avatar list because I have chosen not to include symbols that promote division among Cypriots. The symbol of EOKA was turned down for the same reason.


Thank you


read the post for more replies
User avatar
paliometoxo
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8837
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: Nicosia, paliometocho

Postby yasemin » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:21 pm

umit07 wrote:Zan had the same argument with the ADMIN a while back in this thread;

http://www.cyprus-forum.com/viewtopic.p ... sc&start=0

As for the TRNC it may not be recognized, but it's flag cannot be rendered illegal to fly.

Yasemin, if you really want to display the flag you can just post a link to a image in your signature.

P.S: Paphitis although the TRNC is not recognized by Australia, it's flag can be exhibited freely by anyone.


Exactly, if i wanted to display the nazi symbol even i should be allowed to because everyone has the right to choose and i have the right to show the flag of TRNC and no-one can sit there and tell me that it's illegal.
yasemin
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:04 am
Location: Australia

Postby yasemin » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:24 pm

denizaksulu wrote:
Oracle wrote:
BOF wrote:well the seasonal goodwill to all men didnt last long then.... :roll: :bawling:


The Turk started it!
(again)



Oh no they didn't............... :lol: :lol:


I for one can back that up.
yasemin
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:04 am
Location: Australia

Re: Avatars

Postby Get Real! » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:34 pm

yasemin wrote:How come in the Avatar Gallery there is just about every different flag in the world but there isn't the TRNC flag??

Do i detect Bias?

Yup! The bias of international law...

UN RESOLUTION 541 (1983)

http://www.un.int/cyprus/scr541.htm
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40444
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions and Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests