The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


EURO 2012 QUALIFICATION DRAW

Football, Basketball, F1 etc.

EURO 2012 QUALIFICATION DRAW

Postby ARMENIAN CYPRIOT » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:37 pm

Group 8 Portugal, Denmark, Norway, Cyprus and Iceland.

With some luck Cyprus can come in 3rd. Good luck too are lads.
User avatar
ARMENIAN CYPRIOT
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1141
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:51 am

Re: EURO 2012 QUALIFICATION DRAW

Postby RichardB » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:31 pm

ARMENIAN CYPRIOT wrote:Group 8 Portugal, Denmark, Norway, Cyprus and Iceland.

With some luck Cyprus can come in 3rd. Good luck too are lads.


Thats not a bad draw at all 3rd or even 2nd is certainly not beyond reach
User avatar
RichardB
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3411
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 9:48 pm
Location: Blackpool/Lefkosia

Postby Patto » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:35 pm

Am I the only one that thinks this a bad draw for Cyprus?

I think alot of draws and the odd win against Norway and Iceland (probably at home) are a realistic view on it! Who knows though, maybe just maybe the national team can get it together and get results to stick!

Hate results like the Italy and Ireland ones recently, winning until the last few minutes! Very infuriating!

Hope they acheive great things this time out!
User avatar
Patto
Member
Member
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:41 pm
Location: Scarborough, England :( Rather Be in Limassol

Postby KONSTANTINOU » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:38 am

With any luck we can finish second..we need to win our first game against who ever it is and get the three points... Hopefully the game is in cyprus we will have lots of time to prepare for our games since we only have 5 teams in our group.. This is our best chance ever as we have a great talent pool to choose from, with konstantinou and okkas leading our attack...

Goalies Georgiallides, Kissas , Asprogenis, Avgousti

Defence Charalmbous, Christou A Konstantinou, Ilia, Garposis, Dobrosinovic, Avraam ( newcomers Katsavakis and Poursatides) Defence needs to be strong this our key no collapses.. Okkarides ? theofilou? Parbas?

Midfield defensive- Satsias, Micheal, panayi, Marangos, offensive Charalambides, Demetriou , Makrides, Alexandrou

Wingers Efrem, Aloneftis, Christofi

Forwards -Konstantinou ,Okkas, Tofas, Papathanasiou

This team is tight nit and have been playing with each other for years this is it boys ate Kypros mou lets qualify for a major tournament...
KONSTANTINOU
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:37 am

Postby DT. » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:35 pm

KONSTANTINOU wrote:With any luck we can finish second..we need to win our first game against who ever it is and get the three points... Hopefully the game is in cyprus we will have lots of time to prepare for our games since we only have 5 teams in our group.. This is our best chance ever as we have a great talent pool to choose from, with konstantinou and okkas leading our attack...

Goalies Georgiallides, Kissas , Asprogenis, Avgousti

Defence Charalmbous, Christou A Konstantinou, Ilia, Garposis, Dobrosinovic, Avraam ( newcomers Katsavakis and Poursatides) Defence needs to be strong this our key no collapses.. Okkarides ? theofilou? Parbas?

Midfield defensive- Satsias, Micheal, panayi, Marangos, offensive Charalambides, Demetriou , Makrides, Alexandrou

Wingers Efrem, Aloneftis, Christofi

Forwards -Konstantinou ,Okkas, Tofas, Papathanasiou

This team is tight nit and have been playing with each other for years this is it boys ate Kypros mou lets qualify for a major tournament...


Defense is Ilias Charalabous, Katsavakis, Garpozis and Poursaitides

Midfield defense I'd go with Dobra and Hrysis Michael (Satsias and Marangos, Nicolaou subs)

If we're playing 4-5-1 the I'd go with Makrides behind the attacker otherwise

wingers Makrides, Aloneftis, Nektarios, Charalampides Efrem and hristofi (all outstanding players)

I'll go with what you said for attack without tofas as he has no place in this squad.

Best chance ever, shit draw however. If we start the well these guys can feed off the momentum. Its basically a combination of APOEL, omonoia and anorthosis.
User avatar
DT.
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12196
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:34 pm
Location: Lefkosia

Postby gomesilva » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:57 pm

Yooo my cipriots friends...

As portuguese... i think that it`s a nice group...
As cipriot fan (and Omonia fan :P) i believe that the second place isn`t impossible... i saw in Portugal (tv)... Cyprus against Italy... was a great game... and... why not?

I hope to watch both games in the stadiuns...

:D
gomesilva
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:11 pm
Location: Portugal

Postby Get Real! » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:06 pm

Unless Cyprus stops wasting many of her chances, I predict this final standing… :(

1. Denmark
2. Portugal
3. Cyprus
4. Norway
5. Iceland
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40401
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Postby Sotos » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:16 pm

Our best chance passed a few years ago. Most of our good players like Okkas, Konstantinou, Hrisis etc are old now and even Aloneftis is not at his peak. Compared to some years ago the only good addition is Efrem.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10650
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Postby DT. » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:24 pm

Sotos wrote:Our best chance passed a few years ago. Most of our good players like Okkas, Konstantinou, Hrisis etc are old now and even Aloneftis is not at his peak. Compared to some years ago the only good addition is Efrem.


i think you're wrong re soto, No1 problem for the team has always been defense. Since we now have poursaitides, katsavakis and Dobra in the team I feel we've got the best chance ever now.
User avatar
DT.
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12196
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:34 pm
Location: Lefkosia

Postby Sotos » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:38 pm

I knew about Dobra but I didn't know that Poursaitides and Katsavakis got the citizenship also. When did this happen?
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10650
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Next

Return to Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest