The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Who is truly Greek or Turkish

Propose and discuss specific solutions to aspects of the Cyprus Problem

Postby Oracle » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:53 pm

londoner wrote:Oracle you accuse individuals of racism without any evidence and keep looking at history as beginning in 1974. It is the xenophobes and racists in EOKA, EOKA B and TMT which have created the situation which led to the current division. Have I hit a racist nerve in suggesting you may have some Turkish heritage?


I have given you the reasons why you come across as racists. Go back and read them.

P.S.

Do you have any evidence, yet, for the gross generalisations you have based your racist and eugenic theories on?
User avatar
Oracle
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23507
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:13 am
Location: Anywhere but...

Postby londoner » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:38 pm

Oracle I must have hit a raw nerve. What has eugenics got to do with the science of DNA. Eugenics refers to the study and practice of selective breeding wheras DNA provides scientific evidence of unaltered pieces of DNA which are passed from generation to generation. All humans regardless of race are genetically about 88% identical but it is analysis of the other 12% which can provide information on ancestry. If TC and GC are closer genetically, as shown by DNA studies, than with Greek or Turkish mainlanders then their is a distinctive Cypriot identity. Read the evidence that has been supplied before accusing individuals of racism. Can you not accept that the problems started before 1974 and that racism had a part to play in the division.
User avatar
londoner
Member
Member
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:47 am

Postby Get Real! » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:50 pm

londoner wrote:Oracle I must have hit a raw nerve. What has eugenics got to do with the science of DNA. Eugenics refers to the study and practice of selective breeding wheras DNA provides scientific evidence of unaltered pieces of DNA which are passed from generation to generation. All humans regardless of race are genetically about 88% identical but it is analysis of the other 12% which can provide information on ancestry. If TC and GC are closer genetically, as shown by DNA studies, than with Greek or Turkish mainlanders then their is a distinctive Cypriot identity. Read the evidence that has been supplied before accusing individuals of racism. Can you not accept that the problems started before 1974 and that racism had a part to play in the division.

After 35 years of isolation and mixing with the Turkish thoroughbred… I think any past GC-TC comparisons are now history. Today they’re all just “Turks”…
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40427
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Postby BirKibrisli » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:43 am

Get Real! wrote:
londoner wrote:Oracle I must have hit a raw nerve. What has eugenics got to do with the science of DNA. Eugenics refers to the study and practice of selective breeding wheras DNA provides scientific evidence of unaltered pieces of DNA which are passed from generation to generation. All humans regardless of race are genetically about 88% identical but it is analysis of the other 12% which can provide information on ancestry. If TC and GC are closer genetically, as shown by DNA studies, than with Greek or Turkish mainlanders then their is a distinctive Cypriot identity. Read the evidence that has been supplied before accusing individuals of racism. Can you not accept that the problems started before 1974 and that racism had a part to play in the division.

After 35 years of isolation and mixing with the Turkish thoroughbred… I think any past GC-TC comparisons are now history. Today they’re all just “Turks”…


Vow....Over 400 years of mixing and matching can disappear in 35 years,according to our forum genious..... :lol:
And where is your '"credible" link to prove that the settlers are Turkish thoroughbreds anyway... :wink:
Keep throwing the word "Turks" around as an insult and we will all want to be nothing else... :twisted: And we get accused of being racist by the likes of B25, Oracle and GR! What a joke :!:
User avatar
BirKibrisli
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6162
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:28 pm
Location: Australia

Postby Me Ed » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:55 am

Yeah, this thread pretty much explains this forum, where your entire argument boils down to which side of the line you where born.
User avatar
Me Ed
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1787
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:24 pm
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Postby Oracle » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:36 am

londoner wrote:Oracle I must have hit a raw nerve.


Yes you did!

I hate racists who abuse genetics; and after 7 pages are still unable to provide a single piece of evidence.

What has eugenics got to do with the science of DNA. Eugenics refers to the study and practice of selective breeding


Go back and see where you were discussing "breeding" between GCs and TCs, as though they are some kind of prize pigs!

wheras DNA provides scientific evidence of unaltered pieces of DNA which are passed from generation to generation.


First of all, it is people who provide "evidence" by what experiments they choose to do with DNA. For the last time, provide some research to back-up your claim. Because there is no sound finding, as far as I'm aware, which backs ANY of your generalisations.

All humans regardless of race are genetically about 88% identical but it is analysis of the other 12% which can provide information on ancestry.


There is only ONE race!

All the Human DNA I've mapped was more than 98% identical with any other Human DNA. Show me your data!

Even Chimps share >95% identity with us. So are you telling me that TCs and GCs are different species? :lol:

If TC and GC are closer genetically, as shown by DNA studies, than with Greek or Turkish mainlanders


They are not. We are all the same. Only markers identify us regarding our migrations. And so far the one study with a predominantly Greek migratory marker shows Cypriots share close ancestry with Greeks; and Turks are very distant. I've posted it before on the forum. Have a search.

then their is a distinctive Cypriot identity.


There is a distinctive Cypriot nationality but you don't like that!

Read the evidence that has been supplied before accusing individuals of racism.


Where is it?

Can you not accept that the problems started before 1974 and that racism had a part to play in the division.


Oh, I accept both of those. The Ottomans invaded in 1571 and now they use your racist rantings to force the natives off their land of thousands of years.

My conclusion: You don't know what you are talking about. :lol:
User avatar
Oracle
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23507
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:13 am
Location: Anywhere but...

Postby fwnh » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:04 am

bla bla bla bla
fwnh
Member
Member
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:24 pm

Postby londoner » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:05 am

Can you not accept that the problems started before 1974 and that racism had a part to play in the division.


Oh, I accept both of those. The Ottomans invaded in 1571 and now they use your racist rantings to force the natives off their land of thousands of years.

:[/quote]

The current problems are all the fault of the Turks since 1571, so Grivas, EOKA, EOKA B and all the other extreme nationalists have not contributed to current problems. Blaming one side only seems very racist
User avatar
londoner
Member
Member
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:47 am

Postby fwnh » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:11 am

oracle is racist?? prove it!!! show sufficient evidence plz... maybe a youtube video
fwnh
Member
Member
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:24 pm

Postby Oracle » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:44 am

londoner wrote:
londoner wrote:Can you not accept that the problems started before 1974 and that racism had a part to play in the division.


Oracle wrote:Oh, I accept both of those. The Ottomans invaded in 1571 and now they use your racist rantings to force the natives off their land of thousands of years.


The current problems are all the fault of the Turks since 1571, so Grivas, EOKA, EOKA B and all the other extreme nationalists have not contributed to current problems. Blaming one side only seems very racist


Try that logic with blaming the Germans for WWII. Were people racist for blaming Hitler when he invaded other countries? NO. They were stating facts. Same with blaming Turks for invading Cyprus.

Hitler had many excuses too. It doesn't mean he was right, and nor is Turkey.
User avatar
Oracle
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23507
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:13 am
Location: Anywhere but...

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem Solution Proposals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest