The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


What do you with the Turkish Colonists?

Propose and discuss specific solutions to aspects of the Cyprus Problem

What do you with the Turkish Colonists?

Postby Cossie » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:18 pm

Let me say at the outset, that I am sure people have offered answers to this question before, but as a relatively new member, I've not really heard too many "practical" solutions. I see this as the biggest issue in any solution.

Let me briefly state what I think, and please feel free to disagree, as I now many will. LOL

First I dont see wholesale repatriation of all Turks who arrived post '72 as a practical solution. Obviously there are those born in Cyprus since then who, despite being 'illegal aliens', cant simply be turfed off their birthplace. Then youve got Turk/TC marriages, I cant see it as an option to export them to Turkey. What about their extended families? What do you say to those who have lived in Cyprus longer than they have lived in Turkey?

I assume the answer lies somewhere in the middle, but what would be fair and humane?

Just to pre-empt those who may feel the need to question my sexual leanings/politics....no Im not a gay commie, and no I dont insert dildos in any of my orifices, and no both my hands are on the keyboard. If that's what you think... go stick your head up a dead bears arse. If you cant find a dead bear, then Im sure your pinheads could find a small dead rodent that would accomodate.

PLEASE DISCUSS
Cossie
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:39 am

Re: What do you with the Turkish Colonists?

Postby Get Real! » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:42 pm

Cossie wrote:Just to pre-empt those who may feel the need to question my sexual leanings/politics....no Im not a gay commie, and no I dont insert dildos in any of my orifices, and no both my hands are on the keyboard. If that's what you think... go stick your head up a dead bears arse. If you cant find a dead bear, then Im sure your pinheads could find a small dead rodent that would accomodate.

PLEASE DISCUSS

I’m convinced you’re a poof! Image
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40429
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Postby kurupetos » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:42 pm

Turkey is a very big country. She can take them back, all of them.
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Postby Dr. Fappo » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:16 am

Let's assume that Turkey magically agrees with removing all the settlers from the island. Let's further assume that the cyprus problem is also magically solved with the best of consequences for both GC and TC.

1. Cyprus problem is solved.
2. All settlers go back to Turkey.
3. Turkey gracefully enters the E.U
4. Hundreds of thousands of turks legally migrate, and settle all around Cyprus.

Turkey has a total 60 million population+ The moment they enter they E.U, they could pretty much population flood a little country like cyprus within a decade.

I don't think much can be done about the turkish colonists.
Dr. Fappo
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:44 am

Postby apc2010 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:28 am

[quote="Dr. Fappo"]Let's assume that Turkey magically agrees with removing all the settlers from the island. Let's further assume that the cyprus problem is also magically solved with the best of consequences for both GC and TC.

1. Cyprus problem is solved.
2. All settlers go back to Turkey.
3. Turkey gracefully enters the E.U
4. Hundreds of thousands of turks legally migrate, and settle all around Cyprus.

Turkey has a total 60 million population+ The moment they enter they E.U, they could pretty much population flood a little country like cyprus within a decade.


why would they come to Cyprus ..?? they will go to larger eu countries like the uk, germany etc ....
User avatar
apc2010
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2522
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:11 pm

Postby kurupetos » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:12 pm

Dr. Fappo wrote:Let's assume that Turkey magically agrees with removing all the settlers from the island. Let's further assume that the cyprus problem is also magically solved with the best of consequences for both GC and TC.

1. Cyprus problem is solved.
2. All settlers go back to Turkey.
3. Turkey gracefully enters the E.U
4. Hundreds of thousands of turks legally migrate, and settle all around Cyprus.

Turkey has a total 60 million population+ The moment they enter they E.U, they could pretty much population flood a little country like cyprus within a decade.

I don't think much can be done about the turkish colonists.


They can only legally migrate if there's job for them, otherwise they can only stay for a few months.

But then again, Turkey will never become an EU member, even if the CP is solved. :wink:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Postby Raymanoff » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:39 pm

biofuel... EU would totally approve it, they like green stuff..
User avatar
Raymanoff
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2119
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:36 pm
Location: Vraxonisida

Postby Oracle » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:44 pm

Dr. Fappo wrote:Turkey has a total 60 million population+ The moment they enter they E.U, they could pretty much population flood a little country like cyprus within a decade.


Cyprus is only the means to Turkish access to France, Germany and UK, don't you know?

When the 60 M Turks have vacated Asia Minor -- we move in and take it back! 8)

(BTW: Do you go by the urban meaning of your name? :D )
User avatar
Oracle
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23507
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:13 am
Location: Anywhere but...

Postby yialousa1971 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:47 am

Plans are being made for all Turco Mongol's resettlement.

Image
User avatar
yialousa1971
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5811
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:55 pm
Location: With my friends on the Cyprus forum

Postby supporttheunderdog » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:27 pm

Oracle wrote:
Dr. Fappo wrote:Turkey has a total 60 million population+ The moment they enter they E.U, they could pretty much population flood a little country like cyprus within a decade.


Cyprus is only the means to Turkish access to France, Germany and UK, don't you know?

When the 60 M Turks have vacated Asia Minor -- we move in and take it back! 8)

(BTW: Do you go by the urban meaning of your name? :D )


As an observation the Turks, first Seljuk and the Ottoman are only recent incomers to what is now modern day Turkey, invading sometime after about 1071 AD. Recent genetic research suggests that the majority of the population of Anatolia are not in fact genetically Turkic in origin (i.e. Seljuk or Ottoman) but are the descendants of what were probably the Greek speaking indigenous inhabitants of Anatolia, with very similar genetic characteristics to those of other Eastern Mediterranean inhabitants, including the Cypriots, but whose language and culture was supplanted by the politically dominant Ottoman language and Culture.

That might helps explain why the Turkish Cypriots (many of whom are descended from settlers who were sent to the Island following the Ottoman conquest in 1571 are apparently genetically similar to the current Greek Speaking Cypriot population.

I'd be happy however to review objective evidence of the haplogroups and clades found in Greeks, Turks, and Cypriots (both Greek speaking and Turkish speaking) and other east Med peoples.
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8179
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Next

Return to Cyprus Problem Solution Proposals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests