The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Some predictions, perceptions and interpretations...

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Some predictions, perceptions and interpretations...

Postby insan » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:03 pm

- Let's suppose that Turkish army has withdrawn and just the legal number of Turkish troops left in North... What would happen then? Could it be considered as end of the occupation? Could both communities leadership find the solution to Cyprus problem with their free will, immediatly right after the Turkish troops withdrawal? Could Life in the North be made more democratic? Or else?


Please note that, I'm not trying to justify any instutitions or establishments status but trying to find the logic behind the facts, on a wider perspective, e.g balance of the powers, pro-westerners, anti-westerners, pro-Americans, anti-Americans; their interests and local clients etc...
User avatar
insan
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9037
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:33 pm
Location: Somewhere in ur network. ;]

Postby Piratis » Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:23 pm

Could it be considered as end of the occupation?



The end of occupation will be when Turkey stops occupying Cyprus. This means when the Republic of Cyprus or any other agreed and legal state of Cyprus exercises full control over the whole island.

It doesn't matter much if the Turkish troops in Cyprus are are 40.000 or 650, or even 0, when Turkey can bring 100s of thousands in just minutes.

Therefore, not only they should live, but they should also allow RC to exercise full control over the island without any interventions.
User avatar
Piratis
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 12261
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:08 pm

answer

Postby PEACE » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:02 pm

Piratis wrote:This means when the Republic of Cyprus or any other agreed and legal state of Cyprus exercises full control over the whole island.


Oh,really ! :roll: After RC or in another name Hellenic RC exercise full control over the island will you accept federal solution! :lol: :lol: You are so funny Piratis! :lol: :lol: In any case when RC exercise full control on whole island this means problem solved! So this means Turkish soldiers will leave the island with solution as you stated.



Piratis wrote:Therefore, not only they should live, but they should also allow RC to exercise full control over the island without any interventions.


Why ? There is cease-fire situation and RC is now means GCs !After she gives the whole control to GCs if you say that you'll accept federal solution and won't dominate us i just LAUGH to this!
Like this ---> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OK?


After the army leaves the island and gives you the whole control what'll force you to make a federal solution?

Immediately Turkish troops leaves the island before a solution i'm sure all refugees will come to north to take their properties! So than the people living people in these propeties won't empty houses because they can't live in streets till new ones are build !So guess what will happen? :roll:

Also who guarantees that you won't try to change the constitution again?

Also who guarantees that we won't argue about seperated municipality,army etc. ( You know them from 1962-63) ???? :roll:


I suppose you are talking without thinking reality !
User avatar
PEACE
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:20 pm
Location: Lefke,Cyprus

Postby Piratis » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:13 am

"PEACE", I guess you do not want peace.
User avatar
Piratis
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 12261
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:08 pm

answer.

Postby PEACE » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:25 am

No,these are facts! :wink:

You are talking about dreamland things!
What about replying my questions? :? Huh?
User avatar
PEACE
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:20 pm
Location: Lefke,Cyprus

Postby Piratis » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:42 am

What questions?

Your "who guarantees.."? questions?

The law and the laws of EU will guarantee everything. Isn't this the way it happens eveywhere?
User avatar
Piratis
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 12261
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:08 pm

answer

Postby PEACE » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:18 pm

Dear Piratis !

EU is not enough for all! When i look to the past we need extra protection.
I'm sure you have fears but from Turkish army only! Because TCs are the ones you can easily overcome ! But we have fears from your fanatics.
I don't know their number.This makes me more anxious.I have no chance to learn the real thoughts of majority of GCs!(i'm now 20 years old and have no clue about this subject).I can't know what's their real thoughts.Most people don't say their real thoughts because she/he avoid from other people.In order to gain trust to GCs,learn majority's thoughts ,and behaviour .I can't trust to only UN and EU.We saw what UN army did in 1963-1974 period...Just watched!England didn't do anything... She was a guarator.Greece? She was the chief ! :roll:

I don't like the presence of Turkish army here too.Beacuse they are trying to affect on us in order to be effective in Cyprus.On the other hand their benefits and our security need fits.While they are trying to not to loose their benefits in Cyprus they are protecting us.So they pretent protecting and caring us!

My thoughts are like this.I wonder what are the thoughts of other Turkish Cypriot friends!

I was so honest and clear in this messege ! So please be honest to me also!Write what you exactly think!
User avatar
PEACE
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:20 pm
Location: Lefke,Cyprus

Postby Piratis » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:08 pm

But we have fears from your fanatics.

You have way more fanatics than we have.
The question is have you decided that you are going to stop supporting Turkey occupy Cyprus, make peace with us, and create a country that we will all be proud about? Or your aim is a disguised partition like the Annan plan?

If its the second, then we have nothing to talk about. If its the first then we can solve the fanatics and other problems in other ways, without compromising unity, independence and democracy.

Of course it only worths discussing these other ways if you truly want a united, independent and democratic Cyprus. If (as I suspect) you use this "fear of fanatics" as an excuse, then obviously you will accept no other way since your real aim would be a disguised partition and not your protection from fanatics.
User avatar
Piratis
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 12261
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:08 pm

answer

Postby PEACE » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:40 pm

piratis wrote:You have way more fanatics than we have.


Where do you know? You did poll among fanatics? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Piratis wrote:The question is have you decided that you are going to stop supporting Turkey occupy Cyprus, make peace with us, and create a country that we will all be proud about? Or your aim is a disguised partition like the Annan plan?


I never supported occupation ! I just said that some Turkish soldiers should stay! Like 650 ! I'm not talking about 35.000 soldiers' stay!

I support a solution like Annan Plan! Because it prevents Greek dominance.You don't like it because you support rights according to population.According to this idea Turlkish Cypriots' power is so weak that Greek Cypriots are elected everywhere where i will NEVER accept such a solution and never think that majority will say yes !


Piratis wrote: If its the first then we can solve the fanatics and other problems in other ways


Oh,really? What is your "other ways"? :roll: Tell them in details!





Piratis wrote:Of course it only worths discussing these other ways if you truly want a united, independent and democratic Cyprus.


I'm sure everyone wants to live in a real united,independent and democratic Cyprus.But we can't accept living under Greek dominance where Greek Cypriots decides everthing (Cos we are minority) its hard to elect any TC candicate to a good position ! These are so different from real independent,united and democratic Cyprus! Don't make sense exploitation here ! [/b]
User avatar
PEACE
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:20 pm
Location: Lefke,Cyprus

Postby iskismet » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:59 pm

Piratis

It is interesting that you only want to talk about solving the problems on your terms of non partition - and quoting a legal solution.

Cyprus has now had 30 years of non killing - the peace operation by Turkey has worked and you cannot deny that.

Why are you so against partition when it solves the problems?

The law does not allow compromise - only people can do that.

Geoff
iskismet
Member
Member
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:46 am
Location: UK

Next

Return to Cyprus Problem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest