The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Home Cinema specialists in Cyprus?

Ask any specific question related to Cyprus.

Postby Get Real! » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:42 am

I have a dentist customer (a good bloke) who had a home cinema done for him by some company at his dentistry basement. It’s very impressive with cinema seats and all, but I think his budget was much greater than yours. If you like I’ll give you his phone and you can take it from there. I’m sure he’ll be pleased to show it off as he did with me! :)
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40428
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Postby cyprusgrump » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:26 pm

Sotos wrote:Grump, the light in the room can be totally blocked and i will paint it quite dark. Charalambos, i am planning for those things that you said. Is there aproblem if video and audio wires are run from the same pipe? When you say audio cable you mean speaker wire? Because for connecting components i will just use hdmi.


Excellent - the darker the better. Some people go as far as fitting black velvet to the walls and ceilings to absorb reflected light from the screen... :lol:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Postby Get Real! » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:35 pm

cyprusgrump wrote:
Sotos wrote:Grump, the light in the room can be totally blocked and i will paint it quite dark. Charalambos, i am planning for those things that you said. Is there aproblem if video and audio wires are run from the same pipe? When you say audio cable you mean speaker wire? Because for connecting components i will just use hdmi.


Excellent - the darker the better. Some people go as far as fitting black velvet to the walls and ceilings to absorb reflected light from the screen... :lol:

I would cover all walls and ceiling with mirrors for that “surround” effect! :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40428
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Postby cyprusgrump » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:32 pm

Get Real! wrote:
cyprusgrump wrote:
Sotos wrote:Grump, the light in the room can be totally blocked and i will paint it quite dark. Charalambos, i am planning for those things that you said. Is there aproblem if video and audio wires are run from the same pipe? When you say audio cable you mean speaker wire? Because for connecting components i will just use hdmi.


Excellent - the darker the better. Some people go as far as fitting black velvet to the walls and ceilings to absorb reflected light from the screen... :lol:

I would cover all walls and ceiling with mirrors for that “surround” effect! :lol:


No, no, no... that is just for the bedroom... :wink:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Postby Charalambos » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:08 pm

Sotos wrote:Grump, the light in the room can be totally blocked and i will paint it quite dark. Charalambos, i am planning for those things that you said. Is there aproblem if video and audio wires are run from the same pipe? When you say audio cable you mean speaker wire? Because for connecting components i will just use hdmi.


In theory yes, but all cablesnare shielded these days. Just dont run electric cables with.mif u can its better to spilt them

Make sure u run a cat5 cable to all components. Thats essential and its the future. U can run any kind of signal thru this, u will also need it for making updates on ur equipment

If u can run 2 hdmi it would be better. Dont go cheap on the installation, remember u can change any component and wire but not break walls etc

Even if u wont run the cables once the room is completed its good to have them for the future. U only built a house once maybe twice
Charalambos
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:23 pm

Postby Sotos » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:45 pm

cyprusgrump wrote:
Sotos wrote:Grump, the light in the room can be totally blocked and i will paint it quite dark. Charalambos, i am planning for those things that you said. Is there aproblem if video and audio wires are run from the same pipe? When you say audio cable you mean speaker wire? Because for connecting components i will just use hdmi.


Excellent - the darker the better. Some people go as far as fitting black velvet to the walls and ceilings to absorb reflected light from the screen... :lol:


I know, but I wouldn't go that far!
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10662
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Postby Sotos » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:49 pm

Charalambos wrote:
Sotos wrote:Grump, the light in the room can be totally blocked and i will paint it quite dark. Charalambos, i am planning for those things that you said. Is there aproblem if video and audio wires are run from the same pipe? When you say audio cable you mean speaker wire? Because for connecting components i will just use hdmi.


In theory yes, but all cablesnare shielded these days. Just dont run electric cables with.mif u can its better to spilt them

Make sure u run a cat5 cable to all components. Thats essential and its the future. U can run any kind of signal thru this, u will also need it for making updates on ur equipment

If u can run 2 hdmi it would be better. Dont go cheap on the installation, remember u can change any component and wire but not break walls etc

Even if u wont run the cables once the room is completed its good to have them for the future. U only built a house once maybe twice


Yes, I know about electricity cables, I will keep them separately. And I will have a cat6 for each component. But what is the need for 2 hdmi? I was planning to have everything connected to the receiver, and then from the receiver one hdmi to go to the TV and another to the projector. The TV will be next to the equipment so I can add more cables as needed, but is there a good reason to run a second hdmi to the projector?
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10662
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Postby Charalambos » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:08 pm

At some point u might get a high end player, or a pc like i adviced u. In that case it would be better to run the hdmi directly. U dont have to install it from the begining just plan the piping. In 2 years there might be a new type of connector
Charalambos
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:23 pm

Re: Home Cinema specialists in Cyprus?

Postby Caligari » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:13 pm

PowerSound in Nicosia is very good and has very good brands. He brought Focal in cyprus which are some of the best brands in high end audio in the world. 22-515959 The shop is on Ifigenias street strovolos
Caligari
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:15 pm

Previous

Return to Cyprus Questions and Answers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests