The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Big Help Need

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Big Help Need

Postby Sali » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:13 pm

i found this site from google.I want little help if you can.I am Sri Lanan I have an idea to come Cyprus for studies. http://ctleuro.ac.cy that is the collage that i hope to study.i contact there sri lanan agent and they gave me some information.

But i want to know from you
some information about country (Is there peaceful?)
some information about that college (If you know that)
education condition in your country (Education system is good or not) Cost of living per month for foods (approximately how much will have to spend for it)
part time jobs for students.They told me i will have 58 hours per week working permit in there .and i can earn more than 1000 euro per month (as you know is it true can i earn that much from part time)

if you can give me that information that will be very helpful for my future.

Thank you.
Sali
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Big Help Need

Postby Sotos » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:42 pm

some information about country (Is there peaceful?)

There are no battles ... if that is what you mean ;)

some information about that college (If you know that)

I know it. It is an average college. Not one of the best in Cyprus. (the better ones became universities now)

education condition in your country (Education system is good or not)

Relatively good. But apart from the University of Cyprus (the state university) the rest can not compare with major universities in big European countries and USA. So don't expect Harvard or anything even remotely close.

Cost of living per month for foods (approximately how much will have to spend for it)

Depends on what you eat. loaf of bread is about 1.5 euro, milk about 1.3euro, a pack of chicken breast (fresh) about 3-5 euro ...

part time jobs for students.They told me i will have 58 hours per week working permit in there

I believe you can legally work only in jobs that people here don't want ... like in farms for example. I don't know if they changed this rule now. Maybe they did.

and i can earn more than 1000 euro per month (as you know is it true can i earn that much from part time)

:lol: No way! Unless you have some extraordinary talents or something!
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10685
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: Big Help Need

Postby Sotos » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:44 pm

If you expect to live here and also pay the college from the money you will earn by working part time just forget about it. It is impossible.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10685
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: Big Help Need

Postby Sotos » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:47 pm

part time jobs for students.They told me i will have 58 hours per week working permit in there


Wait .. did you say 58 hours per week???? You call that "part time"? What is full time then? Who is giving you this info??
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10685
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: Big Help Need

Postby Mikiko » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:59 pm

Do you have electricity in Sri Lanka ? Maybe you can bring electricity with you did nt you hear the news ?

There is a shortage of jobs and who told you you will get 1000 euro with so much confidence he must be a lier .
User avatar
Mikiko
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:18 am
Location: Λευκωσία .

Re: Big Help Need

Postby Mikiko » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:09 pm

How is the situation now in Sri lanka after the war ? Isnt Better ?
User avatar
Mikiko
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:18 am
Location: Λευκωσία .

Re: Big Help Need

Postby Svetlana » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:32 am

Mikiko wrote:How is the situation now in Sri lanka after the war ? Isnt Better ?


Let me give you a 'foreigner's' view; I was last there in March, spending some time living with a peasant family in thier home, literally in the jungle - and will be there again in two week's time.

Things are a lot lot better; I can remember a bomb going off when I was walking around Colombo a couple of years back. But the Tamils still feel that many war crimes have gone unpunished - and that they are still treated as second class citizens. The President and his brothers still operate a regime of supression - against opponents, political activists and journalists. So democracy is still a victim there.

However, the counrty is pulling itself up from the deprivation of poverty brought about by 30 years of civil war and the tsunami; the big increase in the price of rice worldwide hits poor families hard, as it is the staple diet three meals a day.
(All meals are eaten with fingers, they had to find me a knife and fork after my first attempt at eating curry using my hands lol!)

Still, a beautiful country and populated by people with constant smiles.

lana
User avatar
Svetlana
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3094
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Paphos

Re: Big Help Need

Postby Sali » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:27 am

Sotos wrote:
some information about country (Is there peaceful?)

There are no battles ... if that is what you mean ;)

some information about that college (If you know that)

I know it. It is an average college. Not one of the best in Cyprus. (the better ones became universities now)

education condition in your country (Education system is good or not)

Relatively good. But apart from the University of Cyprus (the state university) the rest can not compare with major universities in big European countries and USA. So don't expect Harvard or anything even remotely close.

Cost of living per month for foods (approximately how much will have to spend for it)

Depends on what you eat. loaf of bread is about 1.5 euro, milk about 1.3euro, a pack of chicken breast (fresh) about 3-5 euro ...

part time jobs for students.They told me i will have 58 hours per week working permit in there

I believe you can legally work only in jobs that people here don't want ... like in farms for example. I don't know if they changed this rule now. Maybe they did.

and i can earn more than 1000 euro per month (as you know is it true can i earn that much from part time)

:lol: No way! Unless you have some extraordinary talents or something!



Thank you very much for your valuable reply :) . After considering your reply and reply from others i think it is better not to come Cyprus for studies :)
Sali
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Big Help Need

Postby Sali » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:31 am

Sotos wrote:If you expect to live here and also pay the college from the money you will earn by working part time just forget about it. It is impossible.


Thank you for the advise they told me that i can earn my college fees from part time jobs. looks like it is lie. Thank again friend :)
Sali
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Big Help Need

Postby Sali » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:35 am

Sotos wrote:
part time jobs for students.They told me i will have 58 hours per week working permit in there


Wait .. did you say 58 hours per week???? You call that "part time"? What is full time then? Who is giving you this info??


They told me including weekends 58 hours :D that information given me by local agent of that college. Anyway thanks for your valuable reply. After considering reply form here i have change my decision.it is better to stay sri lanka than come Cyprus.
Sali
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:09 pm

Next

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest