The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


CY Rugby getting stronger...

Football, Basketball, F1 etc.

Re: CY Rugby getting stronger...

Postby alex_ruffneck » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:10 pm

Fixtures for league this season...

Sept 29th Ay Nics 15’s “Season opener” Non league
Oct 6th Paphos v Akrotiri Episkopi v Limassol Dhekelia v Ay Nics
Oct 13th Paphos v Episkopi Akrotiri v Ay Nics Limassol v Dhekelia
Oct 20th Ay Nics v Episkopi Limassol v Paphos Dhekelia v Akrotiri
Oct 27th Ay Nics v Limassol Episkopi v Akrotiri Paphos v Dhekelia
Nov 3rd Rest or catch up game.
Nov 10th Limassol v Ay nics Akrotiri v Episkopi Dhekelia v Paphos
Nov 17th Akrotiri v Paphos Limassol v Episkopi Ay Nics v Dhekelia
Nov 24th Episkopi v Paphos Ay Nics v Akrotiri Dhekelia v Limassol
Dec 1st Rest or catch up game.
Dec 8th International Cyprus v Slovenia
Dec 15th Episkopi v Ay Nics Paphos v Limassol Akrotiri v Dhekelia
Jan 12th Limassol v Akrotiri Ay Nics v Paphos Episkopi v Dhekelia
Jan 19th Akrotiri v Limassol Paphos v Ay Nics Dhekelia v Episkopi
Jan 26th Rest or catch up game.

8)
User avatar
alex_ruffneck
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:05 pm
Location: The World State

Re: CY Rugby getting stronger...

Postby Cap » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:35 pm

Image

Image
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6790
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: CY Rugby getting stronger...

Postby SSBubbles » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:02 pm

Cap wrote:Image
Image


:shock: What a load of flaming Boll*cks!! :roll: :roll: This article is not true that much I know for sure
Gosh, these SA/SA Cypriots really love themselves!! :roll:
User avatar
SSBubbles
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11885
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:51 pm
Location: Right here! Right now!

Re: CY Rugby getting stronger...

Postby Cap » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:52 am

The SA Cypriots did play a pivotal part in jump starting the sport.
But I think the article over exaggerates their contributions.
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6790
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: CY Rugby getting stronger...

Postby SSBubbles » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:52 pm

Cap wrote:The SA Cypriots did play a pivotal part in jump starting the sport.
But I think the article over exaggerates their contributions.



Now that is an understatement! :roll: I reckon that the two ENGLISH guys who were very much at the start of it all would not be very happy! (I know I would be a wee bit p&ssed off if someone else came along to claim my glory!!)
User avatar
SSBubbles
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11885
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:51 pm
Location: Right here! Right now!

Re: CY Rugby getting stronger...

Postby Cap » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:16 am

Well.. this was a South African newspaper article after all.
They cashed in on some ex pats.
I'm sure the English would've done the same.

Either way, its publicity for Cyprus rugby.
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6790
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: CY Rugby getting stronger...

Postby Get Real! » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:16 am

Even if Cyprus were to beat the “All Blacks” rugby would still generate very little interest here! :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40382
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: CY Rugby getting stronger...

Postby SKI-preo » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:26 pm

Get Real! wrote:Even if Cyprus were to beat the “All Blacks” rugby would still generate very little interest here! :lol:


That's a little like what they said about tennis when Bagdhatis made the final of the Australian Open. I remember one article from the time saying that there were only 53 tennis courts on the entire island.

If Cyprus made the rugby world cup believe me it would be a big deal.
User avatar
SKI-preo
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1355
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:17 am
Location: New Zealand/Australia

Re: CY Rugby getting stronger...

Postby Get Real! » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:35 pm

SKI-preo wrote:
Get Real! wrote:Even if Cyprus were to beat the “All Blacks” rugby would still generate very little interest here! :lol:


That's a little like what they said about tennis when Bagdhatis made the final of the Australian Open. I remember one article from the time saying that there were only 53 tennis courts on the entire island.

If Cyprus made the rugby world cup believe me it would be a big deal.

Rugby doesn't even make the world's top ten most popular sports list.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40382
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: CY Rugby getting stronger...

Postby Cap » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:45 pm

Get Real! wrote:
SKI-preo wrote:
Get Real! wrote:Even if Cyprus were to beat the “All Blacks” rugby would still generate very little interest here! :lol:


That's a little like what they said about tennis when Bagdhatis made the final of the Australian Open. I remember one article from the time saying that there were only 53 tennis courts on the entire island.

If Cyprus made the rugby world cup believe me it would be a big deal.

Rugby doesn't even make the world's top ten most popular sports list.


1.Football world cup
2.Olympics
3.Rugby world cup

Yes, in that order.

In a statistic that might surprise people outside traditional rugby hotbeds, the Cup's worldwide TV audience exceeded 3 billion four years ago. Although shy of the most recent soccer World Cup (30 billion for all matches) and Summer Olympics (4 billion), it's still No. 3 on the list, For perspective, the Super Bowl in February drew about 100 million global viewers (with 93 million in the U.S.).


http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/08/ ... 3820070827
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6790
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

PreviousNext

Return to Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests