The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


EU express ‘sadness’ over Turkey’s decision

Benefits and problems from the EU membership.

Re: EU express ‘sadness’ over Turkey’s decision

Postby repulsewarrior » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:07 am

...more caution is necessary, Cyprus needs its credibility to remain untarnished, the facts speak for themselves, after all, it is for this tiny country to lead, out of an abyss (again), they don't need to provoke pitiful Turkey, Turkey is doing well enough alone.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7608
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: EU express ‘sadness’ over Turkey’s decision

Postby kimon07 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:12 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:...Cyprus needs its credibility to remain untarnished....


Agreed.

But not contradicting the Turkish propaganda and not reminding the World continuously of the violations by Turkey of it's obligations under the International Law, not only does not help us but, on the contrary, establishes "status quo" situations and turns the turkish propaganda into widely thought to be "true facts".
For instance, when did we tell the world that it was the Turks who rejected the Annan Plan 2?
When did wee tell the world that the TCs had been invited by the RoC to be attending the negotiations for the admission of CY to the EU but they refused?
What did we do and what do we do when Erdogan and Bagis declare that Turkey will never withdraw it's troops and settlers from CY and that they are continuing the ethnic cleansing tactics and are in fact planning to further increase the turkish population of the Island by importing more settlers?
What harm would it make if we had revealed and promoted internationally the fact that in 2004 the Annan Plan 5 got a NO from 64% of all those who voted added together, GCs AND Turks alike (including settlers)?
Couldn't at least some prominent personalities take it up on a private basis to, let us say, sue Turkey and some of her politicians for ethnic cleansing practices and for crimes against humanity?
kimon07
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3386
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:22 am

Re: EU express ‘sadness’ over Turkey’s decision

Postby kurupetos » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:58 pm

kimon07 wrote:
B25 wrote:Agreed, because the 'WE' are abunch of tossers.


Our spineless politicians are.

How about our spineless population who keeps voting for AKEL and DISY in the last 30+ years? :evil:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: EU express ‘sadness’ over Turkey’s decision

Postby kimon07 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:26 pm

kurupetos wrote:
kimon07 wrote:
B25 wrote:Agreed, because the 'WE' are abunch of tossers.


Our spineless politicians are.

How about our spineless population who keeps voting for AKEL and DISY in the last 30+ years? :evil:


How can I disagree :( .
kimon07
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3386
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:22 am

Previous

Return to Cyprus and the European Union

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests