The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


The Bloody Truth about Cyprus

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Re: The Bloody Truth about Cyprus

Postby zan » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:49 am

Hermes wrote:
zan wrote:
Hermes wrote:
zan wrote: Did you miss out the word "Intended" :?

No I didn't. I repeat: can you provide a report from any independent third-party commission that provides evidence of a systematic attempt by GCs to commit "genocide"?



Akritas....Nicos whatshisname


You don't know what "genocide" means? Do you? I repeat can you provide a report from any independent third-party commission that provides evidence of a systematic attempt by GCs to commit "genocide".



"If Turkey Had not come, there would not be a single TC left on Cyprus" may not be the oxford dictionaries exact wording but I think a practical example :roll:
User avatar
zan
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16213
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:55 pm

Re: The Bloody Truth about Cyprus

Postby kimon07 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:51 am

Dedicated to GR • Book essay: EuropeNews 28 April 2011 Bloody truth, Nicosia, March 2009. ISBN 9789963962204 By Henrik R. Clausen http://europenews.dk/en/node/42657 The apparently endless stalemate on Cyprus is getting a thorough treatment in the publication by the organization “Freedom and Justice for Cyprus”. While the documentation of what went down through the 1960's and 1970's is shocking and brutal, the real coup of the book is that it goes back to the 1950's, once and for all settling the question of who originally created the conflict in Cyprus: It wasn't the 'Turkish' Cypriots. Nor was it Turkey. It was, documentably, Great Britain. The book has a cover as brutal as the title, an image of Cyprus with blood dripping from the north into the southern part. Based on this, one might expect it to contain a vitriolic anti-Turkish diatribe, but this isn't really the case. In spite of some linguistic excesses, such as the phrase “The Turkish Propaganda Machine”, the book in general sticks to the documentation of events and developments on the ground, and thus becomes a valuable resource for understanding the current stalemate, as well as for assessing the merits of various proposed solutions. As for who sowed the seeds of the current problems, the book is clear: It was not Turkey, nor Turkish Cypriots, it was Great Britain. Seeking a way to maintain the colonial rule established in 1923, Britain feared a united Cypriot opposition to their rule, and gradually worked to strengthen the Muslim/Turkish identity of the Muslim Cypriots. That included construction of new mosques in villages without one, initiating using the term “Turkish Cypriots”, and later requesting Turkey to reclaim rule of the island, an idea initially received with disinterest by the Turkish government........" ........... "For Cyprus belongs to the Cypriot, not to British, Turkey or illegally imported Turkish settlers". Posted April 28th, 2011 by hrc GR. Please read all of it by clicking on the link above. Do you know how to do that or should I send you special instructions?
kimon07
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3386
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:22 am

Re: The Bloody Truth about Cyprus

Postby Hermes » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:59 am

zan wrote:"If Turkey Had not come, there would not be a single TC left on Cyprus" may not be the oxford dictionaries exact wording but I think a practical example :roll:


I'm sorry but that is not what I asked for. Can you provide a report from any independent third-party commission that provides evidence of a systematic attempt by GCs to commit "genocide"? Genocide is a legal term and you cannot just casually throw it about like you do.

The Armenian genocide is well-documented. As is the Nazi holocaust. There are official records that prove that a genocide was systematically planned and executed. Now can you show us any records that prove there was a systematic plan in place by the Greek Cypriot authorities at any time to commit genocide? Like I said, I'd be amazed because no such plan has ever existed.
User avatar
Hermes
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2837
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Mount Olympus

Re: The Bloody Truth about Cyprus

Postby Paphitis » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:09 am

Get Real! wrote:Kimon, is your name Panos by any chance? :lol:


Bambos or Bambis reh! :lol:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The Bloody Truth about Cyprus

Postby zan » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:21 am

Hermes wrote:
zan wrote:"If Turkey Had not come, there would not be a single TC left on Cyprus" may not be the oxford dictionaries exact wording but I think a practical example :roll:


I'm sorry but that is not what I asked for. Can you provide a report from any independent third-party commission that provides evidence of a systematic attempt by GCs to commit "genocide"? Genocide is a legal term and you cannot just casually throw it about like you do.

The Armenian genocide is well-documented. As is the Nazi holocaust. There are official records that prove that a genocide was systematically planned and executed. Now can you show us any records that prove there was a systematic plan in place by the Greek Cypriot authorities at any time to commit genocide? Like I said, I'd be amazed because no such plan has ever existed.


I dont care what YOU are asking for.........Practicality is more powerful......


User avatar
zan
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16213
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:55 pm

Re: The Bloody Truth about Cyprus

Postby Hermes » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:53 am

zan wrote:I dont care what YOU are asking for.........Practicality is more powerful......


I'm sorry but you said there was a 'genocide' against the TCs but you can provide no links to any documentary proof to support such a claim. Both communities were the victims of inter-communal violence. But that isn't genocide. You cannot make such astonishing accusations and when challenged to provide evidence come up with meaningless assertions.

Please provide us with a link to the documentary evidence that the ROC authorities had made plans on the scale you have suggested and were intending to carry them out. I don't know of any independent historian who has uncovered such evidence – so if you have a link please provide it.

In reality the only systematic large-scale orchestrated action in Cyprus which can be termed a crime against humanity is the ethnic cleansing carried out against 200,000 Greek Cypriots by the Turkish army in 1974. The international community has recognised this as a crime and that is why Turkey's occupation of the north has been universally condemned.
User avatar
Hermes
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2837
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Mount Olympus

Re: The Bloody Truth about Cyprus

Postby zan » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:59 am

Hermes wrote:
zan wrote:I dont care what YOU are asking for.........Practicality is more powerful......


I'm sorry but you said there was a 'genocide' against the TCs but you can provide no links to any documentary proof to support such a claim. Both communities were the victims of inter-communal violence. But that isn't genocide. You cannot make such astonishing accusations and when challenged to provide evidence come up with meaningless assertions.

Please provide us with a link to the documentary evidence that the ROC authorities had made plans on the scale you have suggested and were intending to carry them out. I don't know of any independent historian who has uncovered such evidence – so if you have a link please provide it.

In reality the only systematic large-scale orchestrated action in Cyprus which can be termed a crime against humanity is the ethnic cleansing carried out against 200,000 Greek Cypriots by the Turkish army in 1974. The international community has recognised this as a crime and that is why Turkey's occupation of the north has been universally condemned.


AKRITAS and Nicos whatshisname.............................Not third party but evidence....Keep fooling yourself mate.
User avatar
zan
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16213
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:55 pm

Re: The Bloody Truth about Cyprus

Postby Hermes » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:43 am

zan wrote:
AKRITAS and Nicos whatshisname.............................Not third party but evidence....Keep fooling yourself mate.


Please provide us then with a link to independent documentary evidence of a systematic plan by the ROC to commit "genocide". I'm not talking about lines jotted down on a piece of paper by a few fanatics. But evidence of a deliberate campaign at senior levels of the ROC government to plan and implement the murder of hundreds of thousands of people.

If you can it would be very important. But like I said, I don't think you can because no such evidence exists. All we do know for sure is that Turkey invaded the island in 1974 and systematically cleansed 200,000 GCs from their homes. There is no doubt that this was a crime against humanity. That is why the international community refuses to recognise the pseudo-state that Turkey declared on the back of this crime.
User avatar
Hermes
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2837
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Mount Olympus

Re: The Bloody Truth about Cyprus

Postby kimon07 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:20 am

Hermes wrote:
zan wrote:
AKRITAS and Nicos whatshisname.............................Not third party but evidence....Keep fooling yourself mate.


Please provide us then with a link to independent documentary evidence of a systematic plan by the ROC to commit "genocide". I'm not talking about lines jotted down on a piece of paper by a few fanatics. But evidence of a deliberate campaign at senior levels of the ROC government to plan and implement the murder of hundreds of thousands of people.


He can not provide you that. Because the only existing reliable links, including links to reports of Turkish Cypriot reporters etc, are proving exactly the opposite. That the GCs never planed and never attempted mass murders against the TCs nor did we wish or try to drive them out from their villages. All credible reports blame TMT and the TC leadership for that.

Zan, go read the reports under the thread of "Africa" and the other one about Cener Levent's article. And then change your name again and come back with the same shitty TMT propaganda.

Have fun.
kimon07
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3386
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:22 am

Re: The Bloody Truth about Cyprus

Postby CBBB » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:06 am

Very interesting, but some of the sources are a bit ropey such as "112. Secret, unreleased source." on page 301.
User avatar
CBBB
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11431
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Centre of the Universe

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests