The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


New Category: Health

Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve our forums?

Moderator: Admin

New Category: Health

Postby marios47 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:26 pm

How about a health category? Where people can ask about their health (mental and physical).
marios47
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: New Category: Health

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:49 pm

marios47 wrote:How about a health category? Where people can ask about their health (mental and physical).


...i second this suggestion.

cheers.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7609
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: New Category: Health

Postby Get Real! » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:18 pm

marios47 wrote:How about a health category? Where people can ask about their health (mental and physical).

We’ve dealt with a lot of lunatics in the past so at the very least we are qualified for a virtual mental clinic! 8)
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40432
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: New Category: Health

Postby fig head » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:24 am

??? I totally agree with GR !! Specially the mental health part and we all should get tested (mentally that is )
User avatar
fig head
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:16 pm
Location: some where no one knows. Secret location.

Re: New Category: Health

Postby kurupetos » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:40 pm

fig head wrote:??? I totally agree with GR !! Specially the mental health part and we all should get tested (mentally that is )

Are you sure Figs? GR! went for a test and got locked in the nuthouse. :cry:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: New Category: Health

Postby fig head » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:28 pm

kurupetos wrote:
fig head wrote:??? I totally agree with GR !! Specially the mental health part and we all should get tested (mentally that is )

Are you sure Figs? GR! went for a test and got locked in the nuthouse. :cry:



And I am not ashamed to admit it ( I used to be a regular visitor to various nuthouses)

Let them try to lock me up now and Ill drive them nuts ((I am well known of giving people mental challenges)
User avatar
fig head
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:16 pm
Location: some where no one knows. Secret location.

Re: New Category: Health

Postby kurupetos » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:28 pm

fig head wrote:
kurupetos wrote:
fig head wrote:??? I totally agree with GR !! Specially the mental health part and we all should get tested (mentally that is )

Are you sure Figs? GR! went for a test and got locked in the nuthouse. :cry:



And I am not ashamed to admit it ( I used to be a regular visitor to various nuthouses)

Let them try to lock me up now and Ill drive them nuts ((I am well known of giving people mental challenges)

:lol: Is "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" your favourite film? :wink:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: New Category: Health

Postby tsukoui » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:10 pm

This thread got derailed into discussions of madness, but I'd like to voice my support for a "health category". If Cuba can become a medical superpower, so can Cyprus.

To start off here is an interesting article on some recent research:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/12/121211113001.htm
tsukoui
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:10 pm

Re: New Category: Health

Postby SoulRose » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:34 pm

marios47 wrote:How about a health category? Where people can ask about their health (mental and physical).



I'll second Mario's suggestion on a Health Category... through that people can also get info on the various health associations for support... Not everybody get to see the various fliers in the CY-Hospitals.
:roll:
User avatar
SoulRose
Member
Member
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:01 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: New Category: Health

Postby repulsewarrior » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:21 pm

...forgot about this topic, hi SoulRose, welcome, love that photo!

mental health has long been ignored, although i understand why people are reluctant to expose themselves to being institutionalized by experts who have not perfected what is a very young science.

...ADHT, (e.g.) identified as a problem among 3-10% of school aged children is now treated with drugs, and yet it is known that this is the set of children most likely to produce an Einstein, Churchill, or Van Gogh. it reminds me of leaches and their use for medicinal purposes; how far from then we've come.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7609
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Next

Return to Suggestions and Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests