The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


The war against Syria

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: The war against Syria

Postby Lordo » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:00 pm

miltiades wrote:Having followed closely the Trump election campaign , not however supporting his eventual victory , I'm flabergusted to say the least that in spite of his stated position on the Syrian conflict in that the USA should not be involved , he embarks on an act, war act, against a sovereign nation.I fully supported his pre election position concerning Syria and establishing good relations with Russia.
In one swift stroke he has demolished all that he stood for prior to the election.The
US has made a huge blunder one that may prove to be the biggest blunder thus far.
A big big mistake , let us hope that no further blunders are about to take place. For the record I do not believe that the chemical attack was carried out on Assad's orders. A dictator he may be but stupid no.He is winning the war why on earth would he carry out this attack on his own people.

are you telling me you were unable to see that trump cannot be trusted and no matter what he said he is the voice of american corporations and will do everything to help them and of course take the usual backhanders.

are you really that stupid.

i cam accross another old fool slightly older than you which admitted that he voted for boris for mayor and did not realise that he was a clown. you two must be brothers or cousins or something.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: The war against Syria

Postby supporttheunderdog » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:21 pm

miltiades wrote:Having followed closely the Trump election campaign , not however supporting his eventual victory , I'm flabergusted to say the least that in spite of his stated position on the Syrian conflict in that the USA should not be involved , he embarks on an act, war act, against a sovereign nation.I fully supported his pre election position concerning Syria and establishing good relations with Russia.
In one swift stroke he has demolished all that he stood for prior to the election.The
US has made a huge blunder one that may prove to be the biggest blunder thus far.
A big big mistake , let us hope that no further blunders are about to take place. For the record I do not believe that the chemical attack was carried out on Assad's orders. A dictator he may be but stupid no.He is winning the war why on earth would he carry out this attack on his own people.
β

I seldom post here becuase there are no good and bad guys in this fight. I am no lover of Assad or Putin d Russian imvolvement but there was a well argued case for Turkish involvement in the last Sarin Attack in 2013 http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/22994-focus-was-turkey-behind-syrian-sarin-attack and I would not exclude Turkish involvement here, for the same reasons. Those who Turkey supports are loosing.

Trump is in my view crazy....
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8155
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: The war against Syria

Postby Get Real! » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:22 pm

Lordo wrote:are you telling me you were unable to see that trump cannot be trusted and no matter what he said he is the voice of american corporations and will do everything to help them and of course take the usual backhanders.

are you really that stupid.

i cam accross another old fool slightly older than you which admitted that he voted for boris for mayor and did not realise that he was a clown. you two must be brothers or cousins or something.

Those who placed their trust in Trump did so due to his promises because they had nothing else to go on with and he was certainly saying many right things such as…


Promise #1: A desire to break the ice and form a friendship with Putin/Russia.

Result: Made no effort whatsoever and in fact exacerbated the relationship.


Promise #2: America is not doing enough to eliminate ISIS.

Result: Bombs the legitimate government of Syria thereby assisting and emboldening ISIS!


Promise #3: He would improve US trade and thus profits.

Result: He did everything possible to annoy China (their major trading partner) on China’s doorstep.


Promise #4: He would take a more diplomatic and non-confrontational approach to international disputes/issues.

Result: He repeatedly threatens N.Korea for conducting missile tests on their own territory which every country does! How else can one test what they produce to defend themselves?


So basically, as far as foreign policy goes so far he has been an abysmal failure but you can’t blame voters for that because they had no idea he’d be doing EXACTLY the opposite in pretty much everything!
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40379
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: The war against Syria

Postby Robin Hood » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:02 am

Lordo wrote:
miltiades wrote:Having followed closely the Trump election campaign , not however supporting his eventual victory , I'm flabergusted to say the least that in spite of his stated position on the Syrian conflict in that the USA should not be involved , he embarks on an act, war act, against a sovereign nation.I fully supported his pre election position concerning Syria and establishing good relations with Russia.
In one swift stroke he has demolished all that he stood for prior to the election.The
US has made a huge blunder one that may prove to be the biggest blunder thus far.
A big big mistake , let us hope that no further blunders are about to take place. For the record I do not believe that the chemical attack was carried out on Assad's orders. A dictator he may be but stupid no.He is winning the war why on earth would he carry out this attack on his own people.

are you telling me you were unable to see that trump cannot be trusted and no matter what he said he is the voice of american corporations and will do everything to help them and of course take the usual backhanders.

are you really that stupid.

i came across another old fool slightly older than you which admitted that he voted for boris for mayor and did not realise that he was a clown. you two must be brothers or cousins or something.


If Milti is stupid ......... then so am I! :roll:

Although I never liked Trump he was saying a lot of the right things and many believed he would be different. He wasn't ...... really no different to Clinton except that with Clinton we would already have a war in the ME between Russia and the US. He has made a very big mistake in taking this action and most of the comments on the radio and TV are all asking the same question ....... "Why would Assad use chemical weapons when he is winning his war against the US backed terrorists? It makes no sense!" The US backed opposition terrorists and ISIL have far more to gain as subsequent events are indicating. :wink:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: The war against Syria

Postby miltiades » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:22 am

To say that Im disappointed at Trumps decision to strike at a Syrian airbase is an understatement.
In December 2013 my opening post on " Trump the next USA President " I made clear that in no way did I support his candidacy stating " Let me state from the outset that I find his views despicable, undemocratic and absolute nonsense."

I wholeheartedly supported his statement that the USA should exit the Syrian conflict, adding when referring to forces opposing Assad " we don't know who these people are".

His consistent wish to have good relations with Putin and to join efforts in defeating Isis was in my opinion praiseworthy.

Less than three months in the Whitehouse and we see a much different Trump embarking on a very serious action that can only inflame not only the Syrian conflict but threaten world peace.

After Trump's election victory I reserved judgement, right now I find my December statement on him as appropriate. My wish is that this latest act does not spark a confrontation with Russia that could endanger not only the ME but the entire world.
Trump, you are a business man, not a statesman , you have made a dreadful error in attacking a sovereign nation member of the UN.
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16315
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: The war against Syria

Postby miltiades » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:08 am

" On Syria, Donald Trump has performed a U-turn so screeching, so dizzying, you can smell the burned rubber from here. Just 72 hours before these airstrikes, his administration was all but flashing a green light at Assad, hinting that he could do what he liked. Pull back further, and the volte-face is even more stunning. For years, Trump was adamant that he would stay out of Syria. Even when chemical weapons were used in August 2013, killing an estimated 1,300 people in Ghouta, Trump was firm: “What will we get for bombing Syria besides more debt and a possible long-term conflict?” he tweeted. It’s the abandonment of that stance that has so disappointed Trumpists such as Hopkins, Nigel Farage and the neo-Nazi leader Richard Spencer. They thought they were getting a true isolationist in the Oval Office."
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... be-trusted
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16315
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: The war against Syria

Postby yialousa1971 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:40 am

Russian MoD DRONE FOOTAGE: Only 23 of 59 Tomahawk missiles reached the Syrian Airbase




User avatar
yialousa1971
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5811
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:55 pm
Location: With my friends on the Cyprus forum

Re: The war against Syria

Postby Tim Drayton » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:33 am

miltiades wrote:" On Syria, Donald Trump has performed a U-turn so screeching, so dizzying, you can smell the burned rubber from here. Just 72 hours before these airstrikes, his administration was all but flashing a green light at Assad, hinting that he could do what he liked. Pull back further, and the volte-face is even more stunning. For years, Trump was adamant that he would stay out of Syria. Even when chemical weapons were used in August 2013, killing an estimated 1,300 people in Ghouta, Trump was firm: “What will we get for bombing Syria besides more debt and a possible long-term conflict?” he tweeted. It’s the abandonment of that stance that has so disappointed Trumpists such as Hopkins, Nigel Farage and the neo-Nazi leader Richard Spencer. They thought they were getting a true isolationist in the Oval Office."
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... be-trusted


One small ray of hope shines through for me in this sorry and dangerous affair. I have long had a gut feeling that Putin is behind the resurgence of fascism in the West and that slimebags like Farage, LePen and Wilders were his running dogs, with their movements partly bankrolled by Putin. However, there has been no evidence. Suddenly, this sorry event is flushing out and exposing who the stooges are. Unlike this part of the world, where Putin seems to be regarded as an Orthodox saint who can do no wrong, thinking people in the West - and there are quite a lot of us as evidenced by the 48% who saw through the lies of the 'MSM' and did not for the suicide of Brexit - see Putin as being a dangerous tyrant with territorial ambitions who is hostile to the West, and many of us see his intervention in the Middle East being equally responsible for the misery that has been wrought on that region as the neo-imperialist intervention by Western powers. I sincerely doubt that, if the stand-off between the West and Putin develops, the right-wing press barons will continue to be able to support these Putin-backed fascistic movements, although the rabidly right-wing Daily Express supported Hitler in the 1930's, so who knows, which means the mob at their beck and call will also distance itself from such movements (perhaps we will see an end to racist murders on British streets now). I was following a thread beneath an article at the Guardian yesterday, and noticed everybody there was immediately pouncing on the obvous paid Putin stooges and exposing them as such. I expect them, if there are any, to have a far easier time on this Putin-worshiping forum, but who cares. If so, what is the point of this post? I just felt like putting the cat among the pigeons for a bit of amusement. Provide it please, dictator lovers!
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: The war against Syria

Postby Robin Hood » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:17 am

TD:
Provide it please, dictator lovers!


You know my soft spot ....... happy to oblige. :roll:

One small ray of hope shines through for me in this sorry and dangerous affair. I have long had a gut feeling that Putin is behind the resurgence of fascism in the West and that slimebags like Farage, LePen and Wilders were his running dogs, with their movements partly bankrolled by Putin. However, there has been no evidence.


So ‘without evidence’ it is simply your opinion? In brief .... bullsh*t? :roll:

Suddenly, this sorry event is flushing out and exposing who the stooges are. Unlike this part of the world, where Putin seems to be regarded as an Orthodox saint who can do no wrong, thinking people in the West (Presumably that is how you see yourself, YES?) :lol: - and there are quite a lot of us as evidenced by the 48% who saw through the lies of the 'MSM' and did not for the suicide of Brexit - see Putin as being a dangerous tyrant (?) with territorial ambitions (?) who is hostile to the West (?), and many of us see his intervention in the Middle East (You mean Syria, he isn’t fighting anywhere else unlike the US coalition)!) being equally responsible for the misery (?) that has been wrought on that region as the neo-imperialist intervention by Western powers. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Sorry Pal, you’ve got it all wrong again ............ this war is on the US coalitions tab .......... not Russia’s!

So without any evidence to offer it is simply your opinion once again? You would rather see Syria as a Muslim Caliphate? I wonder what the Syrians would say to that proposal?
I was following a thread beneath an article at the Guardian yesterday, and noticed everybody there was immediately pouncing on the obvious paid Putin stooges (?) and exposing them as such.


Did you get their membership numbers? It was that obvious ? To you maybe but then you have a just a slight ant-Russia/Putin bias ...... so you would draw that conclusion. :roll:

I expect them, if there are any, to have a far easier time on this Putin-worshiping forum, but who cares. If so, what is the point of this post? I just felt like putting the cat among the pigeons for a bit of amusement. Provide it please, dictator lovers!


Has it ever occurred to you that thinking people like those on the forum have a broader view than you do and draw different conclusions because of that? Definitely ....... you are a Paphitis ghost writer (BOT?) ........ it is the sort of unfounded, twaddle he would post ....... and he never needed any evidence to support it either! :lol:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: The war against Syria

Postby supporttheunderdog » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:31 am

I regret to say Tim, you will not get a response of the sort you are encouraging,from me, as while I like the Russian people, i live with three Russian Passport holding ladies, I despise Putin the Putana and all he stands for, and I think there is a lot of Truth in what you say about him funding many of the extreme nationlist movements.

That Golden shower calling it itselfGolden Dawn, likely being one, and ELAM, being a pale imitation/offshoot of Golden Shower, likely another, the way they are openly so deperate to dump the Euro, and align with Russia. I think Le Pen likewise has had Russian backed funding of sorts.

I do not think there are in fact any Putin Stooges of the sort that invade the MSM here: so few now post here on a regular basis they would be easy to spot. There are some misguided fools who think he is a saint, but I think he uses religion to his ien ends. Marx had one thing nearly right when he called it the opiate of the people. Let us see who defends him.
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8155
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests