The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


London 2012 - Cyprus's first Olympic medal vision thread.

Football, Basketball, F1 etc.

Re: London 2012 - Cyprus's first Olympic medal vision thread

Postby kurupetos » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:05 am

bill cobbett wrote:
kurupetos wrote:Bill, did you attend any events yet? Our boys and girls could use some warm support... :wink:


Of course reh... have been taking part in the Gymnastics... do so every time get up from this sofa... :D

You sluggard! ...I expect some nice pickies by tomorrow. :evil:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17938
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: London 2012 - Cyprus's first Olympic medal vision thread

Postby SKI-preo » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:49 am

Lydia Lassila nee Ierodiaconou (maiden name).

Is an Australian Cypriot Gold(2010) and Silver Medalist(2002) in Aerial Skiing.


User avatar
SKI-preo
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1355
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:17 am
Location: New Zealand/Australia

Re: London 2012 - Cyprus's first Olympic medal vision thread

Postby bill cobbett » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:46 pm

Update on the Skeet Shooting...

Georgios Achilleos saved his best for last with 24 and 25 in the last rounds of the qualification this morning, improving to 11th... but sadly not enough to make the final.
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Re: London 2012 - Cyprus's first Olympic medal vision thread

Postby B25 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:57 pm

bill cobbett wrote:Update on the Skeet Shooting...

Georgios Achilleos saved his best for last with 24 and 25 in the last rounds of the qualification this morning, improving to 11th... but sadly not enough to make the final.


Shame I watched a utube video of him at some US ISSF champion event and he was dusting the things. Also note where they break the target, Achileous was always in the centre of the ring and you have to be bloody fast for that!
Poor soul I was hoping he would have at least brough home the gold for the skeet.
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6078
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: London 2012 - Cyprus's first Olympic medal vision thread

Postby bill cobbett » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:00 pm

B25 wrote:
bill cobbett wrote:Update on the Skeet Shooting...

Georgios Achilleos saved his best for last with 24 and 25 in the last rounds of the qualification this morning, improving to 11th... but sadly not enough to make the final.


Shame I watched a utube video of him at some US ISSF champion event and he was dusting the things. Also note where they break the target, Achileous was always in the centre of the ring and you have to be bloody fast for that!
Poor soul I was hoping he would have at least brough home the gold for the skeet.


Let down with a 22 in the second round...

ACHILLEOS Georgios... 23 22 24 24 25 0.944 118
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Re: London 2012 - Cyprus's first Olympic medal vision thread

Postby B25 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:03 pm

bill cobbett wrote:
B25 wrote:
bill cobbett wrote:Update on the Skeet Shooting...

Georgios Achilleos saved his best for last with 24 and 25 in the last rounds of the qualification this morning, improving to 11th... but sadly not enough to make the final.


Shame I watched a utube video of him at some US ISSF champion event and he was dusting the things. Also note where they break the target, Achileous was always in the centre of the ring and you have to be bloody fast for that!
Poor soul I was hoping he would have at least brough home the gold for the skeet.


Let down with a 22 in the second round.


It doesn't sound like much, but a single miss is enough to lose you the gold. When you are competing at that level, you need nerves of steal and be very calm. These things are travelling 88km/h or more is the spave of a few metres and you have to get them there and then otherwise bye bye.
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6078
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: London 2012 - Cyprus's first Olympic medal vision thread

Postby bill cobbett » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:41 pm

Better news for CY in the Sailing...

In the Men's Laser, Pavlos Kontides is leading today's race and is currently lying in 2nd overall position!

Still a long way to go.

http://www.london2012.com/sailing/event ... index.html
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Re: London 2012 - Cyprus's first Olympic medal vision thread

Postby Cap » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:20 pm

Baggers into 3rd round............... holy sh**
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6820
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: London 2012 - Cyprus's first Olympic medal vision thread

Postby yialousa1971 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:41 pm

kurupetos wrote:Bill, did you attend any events yet? Our boys and girls could use some warm support... :wink:


He's not allowed in, Goblins are regarded as a security risk. :(
User avatar
yialousa1971
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5818
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:55 pm
Location: With my friends on the Cyprus forum

Re: London 2012 - Cyprus's first Olympic medal vision thread

Postby bill cobbett » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:47 pm

bill cobbett wrote:Better news for CY in the Sailing...

In the Men's Laser, Pavlos Kontides is leading today's race and is currently lying in 2nd overall position!

Still a long way to go.

http://www.london2012.com/sailing/event ... index.html


2nd Race of the day under way.

PK is leading.

... and has moved up into FIRST POSITION overall...!!!!
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

PreviousNext

Return to Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests