The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Were EOKA and the Brits working together?

Ask any specific question related to Cyprus.

Were EOKA and the Brits working together?

Postby tsukoui » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:08 pm

The first thing the British did when EOKA started its campaign was to ban the Cyprus Communist Party... yet some in EOKA seemed to want to go further in doing the Brits' dirty work...
tsukoui
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:10 pm

Re: Were EOKA and the Brits working together?

Postby Lordo » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:07 pm

tsukoui wrote:The first thing the British did when EOKA started its campaign was to ban the Cyprus Communist Party... yet some in EOKA seemed to want to go further in doing the Brits' dirty work...


If you look at who set up eoka and where did they got their orders from, you will find out that they got their orders from the same body. UK and EOKA had the same objectives. Keep Cyprus from joining the Soviet Block.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Were EOKA and the Brits working together?

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:32 pm

Oh someone found some coincidence to make a conspiracy theory! :roll:

You both sound like the village idiot who thinks the cockerel, cock-a-doodling at dawn, is responsible for the sun rising each day.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8957
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Were EOKA and the Brits working together?

Postby tsukoui » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:49 pm

Lordo wrote:
tsukoui wrote:The first thing the British did when EOKA started its campaign was to ban the Cyprus Communist Party... yet some in EOKA seemed to want to go further in doing the Brits' dirty work...


If you look at who set up eoka and where did they got their orders from, you will find out that they got their orders from the same body. UK and EOKA had the same objectives. Keep Cyprus from joining the Soviet Block.


I want to agree with you but I don' think that is fare... EOKA were subject to British mind control which created fascist fifth-columnists within their ranks without them even knowing it... most TC's spoke Greek for Christ's sake... now look where we are... who can we blame?
tsukoui
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:10 pm

Re: Were EOKA and the Brits working together?

Postby tsukoui » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:09 pm

Cyprus communists failed to counteract the British by encouraging TCs to join the EOKA struggle... but with the Cyprus Communist Party banned how could they organise... let's face it... the British knew what they were doing!
tsukoui
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:10 pm

Re: Were EOKA and the Brits working together?

Postby Lordo » Wed May 02, 2012 11:20 pm

Do some research and see that a group called Stay Behind - Gladio" created EOKA and CIA created the Gladio. You will find CIA were the puppet masters and Grivas was on the left knee whilst the Greek fascists were on the right knee.

Turkey did not escape. Thay had a branch there too otherwise refered to as deep state and TMT was their product.
Every European country including Germany had these groups after WW2 to protect Europe from Communism. They killed thousands of innocent people.

As to conspiracy theory, in your wet dreams my friend.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Were EOKA and the Brits working together?

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Wed May 02, 2012 11:29 pm

There's like millions of incidents which contradict this nonsense; yet that doesn't matter to Turks. They don't deal with evidence and facts. Historical revisionism is your game. Change our history, change our country, change our culture, change our churches blah blah blaaaaah
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8957
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Were EOKA and the Brits working together?

Postby Lordo » Wed May 02, 2012 11:34 pm

Ignorance is bliss. Enjoy.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Were EOKA and the Brits working together?

Postby kurupetos » Wed May 02, 2012 11:34 pm

Lordo wrote:Ignorance is bliss. Enjoy.

Don't worry, I won't ignore you. :lol:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17936
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Were EOKA and the Brits working together?

Postby repulsewarrior » Thu May 03, 2012 1:44 am

Lordo wrote:Do some research and see that a group called Stay Behind - Gladio" created EOKA and CIA created the Gladio. You will find CIA were the puppet masters and Grivas was on the left knee whilst the Greek fascists were on the right knee.

Turkey did not escape. Thay had a branch there too otherwise refered to as deep state and TMT was their product.
Every European country including Germany had these groups after WW2 to protect Europe from Communism. They killed thousands of innocent people.

As to conspiracy theory, in your wet dreams my friend.


...holy mackeral, thanks Lordo, the 70's were rife with their activities; something to think about when one discusses the man, Kissinger.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7611
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada


Return to Cyprus Questions and Answers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests