The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


The Euro Zone Mess

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: The Euro Zone Mess

Postby kimon07 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:53 am

supporttheunderdog wrote:And now we become a part of the mess...

http://www.cyprus-mail.com/eu-bailout/b ... 5#comments


That we became just after the Mari. Now it got worse. Lets hope the Russians and the Chinese will help with long term loans. Cyprus should avoid increases to its income tax and cuts to its defence budget.
kimon07
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3386
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:22 am

Re: The Euro Zone Mess

Postby kurupetos » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:23 pm

kimon07 wrote:
supporttheunderdog wrote:And now we become a part of the mess...

http://www.cyprus-mail.com/eu-bailout/b ... 5#comments


That we became just after the Mari. Now it got worse. Lets hope the Russians and the Chinese will help with long term loans. Cyprus should avoid increases to its income tax and cuts to its defence budget.

It's not just the Mari explosion.

It's also the Marfin Laiki Bank fiasco. That pushtokalamaras Vgenompenopoulos must be executed in public. :evil:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17893
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: The Euro Zone Mess

Postby kimon07 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:57 pm

kurupetos wrote:
kimon07 wrote:
supporttheunderdog wrote:And now we become a part of the mess...

http://www.cyprus-mail.com/eu-bailout/b ... 5#comments


That we became just after the Mari. Now it got worse. Lets hope the Russians and the Chinese will help with long term loans. Cyprus should avoid increases to its income tax and cuts to its defence budget.

It's not just the Mari explosion.

It's also the Marfin Laiki Bank fiasco. That pushtokalamaras Vgenompenopoulos must be executed in public. :evil:


YES!!
kimon07
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3386
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:22 am

Re: The Euro Zone Mess

Postby supporttheunderdog » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:39 pm

kimon07 wrote:
kurupetos wrote:
kimon07 wrote:
supporttheunderdog wrote:And now we become a part of the mess...

http://www.cyprus-mail.com/eu-bailout/b ... 5#comments


That we became just after the Mari. Now it got worse. Lets hope the Russians and the Chinese will help with long term loans. Cyprus should avoid increases to its income tax and cuts to its defence budget.

It's not just the Mari explosion.

It's also the Marfin Laiki Bank fiasco. That pushtokalamaras Vgenompenopoulos must be executed in public. :evil:


YES!!


But is this not being Anti Greek? You'll have some one after you....
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8155
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: The Euro Zone Mess

Postby kimon07 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:05 pm

supporttheunderdog wrote:
kimon07 wrote:
kurupetos wrote:
kimon07 wrote:
supporttheunderdog wrote:And now we become a part of the mess...

http://www.cyprus-mail.com/eu-bailout/b ... 5#comments


That we became just after the Mari. Now it got worse. Lets hope the Russians and the Chinese will help with long term loans. Cyprus should avoid increases to its income tax and cuts to its defence budget.

It's not just the Mari explosion.

It's also the Marfin Laiki Bank fiasco. That pushtokalamaras Vgenompenopoulos must be executed in public. :evil:


YES!!


But is this not being Anti Greek? You'll have some one after you....


Truth is not anti anything. Blaming Greeks and Greece for EVERYTHING wrong like some jerks in here do is NOT the truth.
kimon07
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3386
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:22 am

Re: The Euro Zone Mess

Postby supporttheunderdog » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:43 pm

Oh how I agree with you both generally and specifically. It is just that some people have different views of the Truth. I have never blamed the Greeks for everything - only for their share of what has happened in Greece with unsustainable pubic spending, not forwhat has happened in other PIIGS nations. If Chris Toffee Arese;s government spokesman is correct than the Greeks are however partly to blame for Cyprus seking bail out . I have always been happy to recognise the Euro iteslf ( a FrancoGerman Construct - but mostly the Deutschmark in disguise ) and the whole EU experiment has a lot to do with it,

see http://www.caseyresearch.com/cdd/marx-madness
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8155
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: The Euro Zone Mess

Postby Hermes » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:48 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:The tide has turned and the ridiculous number fudging used to scapegoat Greece is no longer passable. The above German journalist is continuing the way towards the better Europe envisaged by Greeks, in which Germany is also having to look into itself and its practices. Only you seem to have a problem with that.


Germany is still clinging to its fantasies of prosperity through pain, and still sees their current failed strategy as the only responsible thing to do.

My fear is that Germany is on a self-destructive path and intends to bring down the rest of Europe with it. It won't be the first time.
User avatar
Hermes
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2837
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Mount Olympus

Re: The Euro Zone Mess

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:55 pm

The Euro Zone Mess .... is nearly over!

- Thanks to Greece's heroic efforts to survive against the unprecedented and unfair attacks levied against its people and allow a softer concessioanl package to be offered to the less durable countries like Italy and Spain.

Greece has paved the way for the recovery for everyone in the Eurozone.

Merkel said supporting the fiscal pact and rescue fund sent "a signal of unity and determination, domestically and abroad; a signal toward overcoming the European government debt crisis sustainably, and a signal that for us Europe means our future."

"With these agreements, we are taking irreversible steps toward a sustainable stability union," she said.

Merkel told Parliament it was a "sensible decision" to allow countries that pledge to implement reforms demanded by the EU's executive Commission to tap rescue funds without having to go through the kind of tough austerity measures demanded of Greece, Portugal and Ireland. It was a concession to Italy and Spain in particular.


http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Merk ... 673677.php
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8945
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: The Euro Zone Mess

Postby supporttheunderdog » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:35 pm

Has the fat lady sung yet??

In the meantime I understand Finland is now threatening to leave the Euro because of the bail-outs, to which the Finns are apparently increasingkly unwilling to contribute.

Other reports suggest it is not over, and it could get a lot worse.
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8155
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: The Euro Zone Mess

Postby Get Real! » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:41 pm

The Christofias government has only just realized how badly Greece fucked Cyprus to save her arse of another few million…

"Cyprus says Greek bond deal killed its economy"
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/ ... CN20120706

It our great “ally”, that mother-liberator that ultra-wise Oracle keeps bringing up! :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40382
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests