The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Should Cyprus be Cypriotized?

Propose and discuss specific solutions to aspects of the Cyprus Problem

Re: Should Cyprus be Cypriotized?

Postby ZoC » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:32 pm

boomerang wrote:Image


:lol:
ancient-olympics-7.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
ZoC
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3280
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Re: Should Cyprus be Cypriotized?

Postby Get Real! » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:48 pm

zorba.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40449
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Should Cyprus be Cypriotized?

Postby Hermes » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:56 pm

Get Real! wrote:
zorba.jpg

Dear, GR. You've been listening to Christofias' comforting words for too long. Have you noticed the troika in Cyprus this week? Are you ready for some belt-tightening of your own? You don't know what's about to hit you, do you? I'd start moving my money into a Swiss bank account if I were you...
User avatar
Hermes
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2837
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Mount Olympus

Re: Should Cyprus be Cypriotized?

Postby ZoC » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Hermes wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
zorba.jpg

Dear, GR. You've been listening to Christofias' comforting words for too long. Have you noticed the troika in Cyprus this week? Are you ready for some belt-tightening of your own? You don't know what's about to hit you, do you?


too f*cking right... and largely because idiotic cypriot banks, rather than make sound, strategic business investments, poured billions of euros into the black hole of hellenic brotherhood.
User avatar
ZoC
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3280
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Re: Should Cyprus be Cypriotized?

Postby Hermes » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:31 pm

ZoC wrote:
Hermes wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
zorba.jpg

Dear, GR. You've been listening to Christofias' comforting words for too long. Have you noticed the troika in Cyprus this week? Are you ready for some belt-tightening of your own? You don't know what's about to hit you, do you?


too f*cking right... and largely because idiotic cypriot banks, rather than make sound, strategic business investments, poured billions of euros into the black hole of hellenic brotherhood.

Er, Zoc. But what about all the idiotic French and German banks buying up Greek government debt? What were they up to? I think the Cypriot banks were just being plain idiots. Doubt that solidarity had much to do with it. They just got out of their league and thought they could play with the big boys. I think it's called 'hubris'......
User avatar
Hermes
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2837
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Mount Olympus

Re: Should Cyprus be Cypriotized?

Postby ZoC » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:44 pm

Hermes wrote:
ZoC wrote:
Hermes wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
zorba.jpg

Dear, GR. You've been listening to Christofias' comforting words for too long. Have you noticed the troika in Cyprus this week? Are you ready for some belt-tightening of your own? You don't know what's about to hit you, do you?


too f*cking right... and largely because idiotic cypriot banks, rather than make sound, strategic business investments, poured billions of euros into the black hole of hellenic brotherhood.

Er, Zoc. But what about all the idiotic French and German banks buying up Greek government debt? What were they up to?


do the sums, hermie. proportionally there's no comparison. and any way, i don't give a f*ck about the frogs and krauts. because of an unfortunate accident of parental origin, i take an interest in the island of cyprus.

Hermes wrote:I think the Cypriot banks were just being plain idiots. Doubt that solidarity had much to do with it.


i think u'll find it did, hermie. and ur right - they were idiots.
User avatar
ZoC
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3280
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Re: Should Cyprus be Cypriotized?

Postby Hermes » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:51 pm

ZoC wrote:
Hermes wrote:
ZoC wrote:
Hermes wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
zorba.jpg

Dear, GR. You've been listening to Christofias' comforting words for too long. Have you noticed the troika in Cyprus this week? Are you ready for some belt-tightening of your own? You don't know what's about to hit you, do you?


too f*cking right... and largely because idiotic cypriot banks, rather than make sound, strategic business investments, poured billions of euros into the black hole of hellenic brotherhood.

Er, Zoc. But what about all the idiotic French and German banks buying up Greek government debt? What were they up to?


do the sums, hermie. proportionally there's no comparison. and any way, i don't give a f*ck about the frogs and krauts. because of an unfortunate accident of parental origin, i take an interest in the island of cyprus.

Hermes wrote:I think the Cypriot banks were just being plain idiots. Doubt that solidarity had much to do with it.


i think u'll find it did, hermie. and ur right - they were idiots.

Yes, a sorry affair. Proportionally the Cypriots were screwed badly to take on such huge losses at the equivalent levels of the French and German banks. Someone in the negotiating team didn't stand up for the Cypriot economy. Suspicions point at Christofias. But it was a disaster to agree to such terms on the Greek 'haircut' given the size of Cypriot exposure...
User avatar
Hermes
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2837
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Mount Olympus

Re: Should Cyprus be Cypriotized?

Postby ZoC » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:55 pm

Hermes wrote: Suspicions point at Christofias.


the guy is a f*cking disaster. we can agree on that.
User avatar
ZoC
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3280
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Re: Should Cyprus be Cypriotized?

Postby ZoC » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:26 pm

stalin_parents.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
ZoC
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3280
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Previous

Return to Cyprus Problem Solution Proposals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests