The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Kasoulides Slaps down Graham Watson MEP

Benefits and problems from the EU membership.

Kasoulides Slaps down Graham Watson MEP

Postby Panicos UK » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:19 pm

User avatar
Panicos UK
Member
Member
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Southend on Sea, UK

Re: Kasoulides Slaps down Graham Watson MEP

Postby Panicos UK » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:58 pm

Transcript:

SOUNDBITE (English) Graham WATSON (ALDE, UK), Chair of the Group "President Christofias, your country cannot lead the European Union by its size or strength, so you must lead by example. Lead by example on the economic growth. Use the EU influence to help reunify Cyprus people. Economists say it would add 12 000 euro of prosperity of every family on your island. Lead by example in Europe's fight against crime, intervene against the intricate intrigue of corrupted Cypriot lawyers and property developers who rub holiday homebuyers of their retirement savings. Lead by example in other areas too, not by letting a fossil fuel find fool you into forgetting your island's natural wealth of sun and wind. Not by being mortgaged to Moscow nor by evading engagement with Ankara."

SOUNDBITE (English) Ioannis KASOULIDES (EPP, CY), MEP "Mister Watson, don't you think that by addressing this criticism to a Presidency that has not even started, it's not objective and fair ? Don't you think, particularly, when this criticism is coming from you, who represent a country that has been a colonial power that bares part of the responsibility of the division of this island, with the policy of "Divide and rule" ? " (applause)
User avatar
Panicos UK
Member
Member
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Southend on Sea, UK

Re: Kasoulides Slaps down Graham Watson MEP

Postby kimon07 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:52 pm

Not bad. He should, however, have also reminded her that her country orchestrated the present situation since 1956 and is now trying to legitimize it with Annan Plans and such.
kimon07
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3386
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:22 am

Re: Kasoulides Slaps down Graham Watson MEP

Postby supporttheunderdog » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:53 am

Leading by example in Europe's fight against crime, intervening against the intricate intrigue of corrupted Cypriot lawyers and property developers who rob homebuyers,. Leading by example in other areas too, not by letting a fossil fuel find fool us into forgettingyour island's natural wealth of sun and wind and by avoiding being mortgaged to Moscow have SFA to do with the Cyprus problem,

Thse are forwad looking ideals which will benefit Cyprus. Looking at the past and playing the blame game is what holds Cyprus back.
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8191
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: Kasoulides Slaps down Graham Watson MEP

Postby kimon07 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:29 am

supporttheunderdog wrote:Leading by example in Europe's fight against crime, intervening against the intricate intrigue of corrupted Cypriot lawyers and property developers who rob homebuyers,. Leading by example in other areas too, not by letting a fossil fuel find fool us into forgetting your island's natural wealth of sun and wind and by avoiding being mortgaged to Moscow have SFA to do with the Cyprus problem,

These are forward looking ideals which will benefit Cyprus. Looking at the past and playing the blame game is what holds Cyprus back.


Looking at the historical past and analysing it is both useful and NECESARY. In order to:

1. Avoid doing the same mistakes.
2. Have a clear picture of what the intentions and the plans of others against you were and still are and thus take measures to prevent them.
kimon07
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3386
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:22 am

Re: Kasoulides Slaps down Graham Watson MEP

Postby supporttheunderdog » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:01 am

kimon07 wrote:
supporttheunderdog wrote:Leading by example in Europe's fight against crime, intervening against the intricate intrigue of corrupted Cypriot lawyers and property developers who rob homebuyers,. Leading by example in other areas too, not by letting a fossil fuel find fool us into forgetting your island's natural wealth of sun and wind and by avoiding being mortgaged to Moscow have SFA to do with the Cyprus problem,

These are forward looking ideals which will benefit Cyprus. Looking at the past and playing the blame game is what holds Cyprus back.


Looking at the historical past and analysing it is both useful and NECESARY. In order to:

1. Avoid doing the same mistakes.
2. Have a clear picture of what the intentions and the plans of others against you were and still are and thus take measures to prevent them.


OK so when will the government finish looking at what has happend in the past about crime, the intricate intrigue of corrupted Cypriot lawyers and property developers who rob homebuyers, Leade letting a fossil fuel find fool us into forgetting our island's natural wealth of sun and wind and about being mortgaged to Moscow and do something about thse issues?
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8191
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: Kasoulides Slaps down Graham Watson MEP

Postby kimon07 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:12 am

supporttheunderdog wrote:
kimon07 wrote:
supporttheunderdog wrote:Leading by example in Europe's fight against crime, intervening against the intricate intrigue of corrupted Cypriot lawyers and property developers who rob homebuyers,. Leading by example in other areas too, not by letting a fossil fuel find fool us into forgetting your island's natural wealth of sun and wind and by avoiding being mortgaged to Moscow have SFA to do with the Cyprus problem,

These are forward looking ideals which will benefit Cyprus. Looking at the past and playing the blame game is what holds Cyprus back.


Looking at the historical past and analysing it is both useful and NECESARY. In order to:

1. Avoid doing the same mistakes.
2. Have a clear picture of what the intentions and the plans of others against you were and still are and thus take measures to prevent them.


OK so when will the government finish looking at what has happend in the past about crime, the intricate intrigue of corrupted Cypriot lawyers and property developers who rob homebuyers, Leade letting a fossil fuel find fool us into forgetting our island's natural wealth of sun and wind and about being mortgaged to Moscow and do something about thse issues?


Immediately. In parallel. It should be happening already. One does not exclude the other.
kimon07
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3386
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:22 am

Re: Kasoulides Slaps down Graham Watson MEP

Postby kurupetos » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:56 am

The RoC should make use of her renewable energy sources, provided all the machinery (e.g. PV panels, wind turbines) is produced in Greece and Cyprus, and not imported from Germany, etc.

Also develop WMD, buy S-400 from our Russian comrades and allow Russian fighter jets and frigates to be stationed in our military bases, to strengthen our position in the political spectrum.

Then we can also lead the EU by strength, not? :wink:

What's the meaning of this: :?
Lead by example on the economic growth. Use the EU influence to help reunify Cyprus people. Economists say it would add 12 000 euro of prosperity of every family on your island.


Does the EU give a sh*t about the CY problem? :lol: :twisted:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17912
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Kasoulides Slaps down Graham Watson MEP

Postby CBBB » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:15 pm

kurupetos wrote:The RoC should make use of her renewable energy sources, provided all the machinery (e.g. PV panels, wind turbines) is produced in Greece and Cyprus, and not imported from Germany, etc.

Also develop WMD, buy S-400 from our Russian comrades and allow Russian fighter jets and frigates to be stationed in our military bases, to strengthen our position in the political spectrum.

Then we can also lead the EU by strength, not? :wink:

What's the meaning of this: :?
Lead by example on the economic growth. Use the EU influence to help reunify Cyprus people. Economists say it would add 12 000 euro of prosperity of every family on your island.


Does the EU give a sh*t about the CY problem? :lol: :twisted:


Does anyone else?
User avatar
CBBB
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11435
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Centre of the Universe

Re: Kasoulides Slaps down Graham Watson MEP

Postby cyprusgrump » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:13 pm

supporttheunderdog wrote:Leading by example in Europe's fight against crime, intervening against the intricate intrigue of corrupted Cypriot lawyers and property developers who rob homebuyers,. Leading by example in other areas too, not by letting a fossil fuel find fool us into forgettingyour island's natural wealth of sun and wind and by avoiding being mortgaged to Moscow have SFA to do with the Cyprus problem,

Thse are forwad looking ideals which will benefit Cyprus. Looking at the past and playing the blame game is what holds Cyprus back.


I hope this is a joke - we've wasted enough money on pointless wind farms which blight the countryside.... :x
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Next

Return to Cyprus and the European Union

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests