The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


best part of the Island to vist?

Ask any specific question related to Cyprus.

best part of the Island to vist?

Postby theodosia » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:08 pm

:) I have never been to cyprus, and was thinking if i ever did visit where would be the best place to go?
How big is the Island?
whats the best and worst thing about cyprus?
User avatar
theodosia
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:40 pm
Location: england, london

Re: best part of the Island to vist?

Postby CanWoodsman » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:58 pm

OH OH talk about opening a can of worms.
There are many great places to go.
What type of area's do you like. Beach / tourist / inland city or smaller towns ect.
Don't limit yourself to one or two places.
As for size over 200 km long by about 75 km wide with an irregular shoreline.
IMO the best is the food & sea shore. Worst is the division of Cyprus & how brown (dry) it is during the summer.
User avatar
CanWoodsman
Member
Member
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:57 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: best part of the Island to vist?

Postby repulsewarrior » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:10 am

indeed, the season is also worth considering, early as in Spring the smell of flowers are intoxicating, and the late season means the pleasure of the harvest, grapes, olives, wheat and carob; try the sujuk from cyprus, it is the best, barbq some olives on the fire along with some halloumi of course.

...beside the sea, Tordos is always beautiful and changes with the season.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7588
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: best part of the Island to vist?

Postby bill cobbett » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:05 am

Depends on what you're after Theodosia and who you're travelling with.

Kids? Clubbing and night life? We need more info.

You'll need to hire a car. Can't do CY without one.
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Re: best part of the Island to vist?

Postby theodosia » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:34 pm

:D
CanWoodsman wrote:OH OH talk about opening a can of worms.
There are many great places to go.
What type of area's do you like. Beach / tourist / inland city or smaller towns ect.
Don't limit yourself to one or two places.
As for size over 200 km long by about 75 km wide with an irregular shoreline.
IMO the best is the food & sea shore. Worst is the division of Cyprus & how brown (dry) it is during the summer.

I do like everything, except remote places where i would feel a bit of my depth. beach is good, but would be nice to see other things of interest.
Nice place, people, and good food is high on the list. :D
User avatar
theodosia
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:40 pm
Location: england, london

Re: best part of the Island to vist?

Postby theodosia » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:40 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:indeed, the season is also worth considering, early as in Spring the smell of flowers are intoxicating, and the late season means the pleasure of the harvest, grapes, olives, wheat and carob; try the sujuk from cyprus, it is the best, barbq some olives on the fire along with some halloumi of course.

...beside the sea, Tordos is always beautiful and changes with the season.

early spring sounds perfect, or even September when its not so hot.
really like the sound of the 'smell of flowers' And the harvest time. It would be amazing to see and smell including halloumi :D
User avatar
theodosia
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:40 pm
Location: england, london

Re: best part of the Island to vist?

Postby theodosia » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:46 pm

bill cobbett wrote:Depends on what you're after Theodosia and who you're travelling with.

Kids? Clubbing and night life? We need more info.

You'll need to hire a car. Can't do CY without one.

oh a car? don't want to drive in cypress :o
no kids. some night life but just as happy to go to a nice bar with a bit of dancing?
Maybe travel with friends? Or should i get a boyfriend just for a week or 2? :lol: :lol:
Would like to see Nicosia as that is where my dad is from.
But i guess cypress is a beautiful place to visit :P
User avatar
theodosia
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:40 pm
Location: england, london

Re: best part of the Island to vist?

Postby CBBB » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:24 pm

theodosia wrote:
bill cobbett wrote:Depends on what you're after Theodosia and who you're travelling with.

Kids? Clubbing and night life? We need more info.

You'll need to hire a car. Can't do CY without one.

oh a car? don't want to drive in cypress :o
no kids. some night life but just as happy to go to a nice bar with a bit of dancing?
Maybe travel with friends? Or should i get a boyfriend just for a week or 2? :lol: :lol:
Would like to see Nicosia as that is where my dad is from.
But i guess cypress is a beautiful place to visit :P


Cypress is a tree!
User avatar
CBBB
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11431
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Centre of the Universe

Re: best part of the Island to vist?

Postby Cap » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:39 pm

Troodos

Image
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6790
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: best part of the Island to vist?

Postby bill cobbett » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:54 pm

theodosia wrote:
bill cobbett wrote:Depends on what you're after Theodosia and who you're travelling with.

Kids? Clubbing and night life? We need more info.

You'll need to hire a car. Can't do CY without one.

oh a car? don't want to drive in cypress :o
no kids. some night life but just as happy to go to a nice bar with a bit of dancing?
Maybe travel with friends? Or should i get a boyfriend just for a week or 2? :lol: :lol:
Would like to see Nicosia as that is where my dad is from.
But i guess cypress is a beautiful place to visit :P


Oh dear, listen to us theodosia please.... you can't do CY without a car!

... and driving in CY with a hire car is a piece of puss. You can choose which side of the road to drive on, you can park on pavements and across drive-ways, speed as much as you want etc etc.

Prob best to go with a friend or two and share a car, apartment etc.
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Next

Return to Cyprus Questions and Answers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests