The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Benefits and problems from the EU membership.

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby Get Real! » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:41 am

Mapko wrote:So if you are a Cypriot through and through, like it or not, you are inherently Greek - or Turkic.

That’s what they taught you at the Greek sponsored gymnasium but if you could think for yourself all these years you would’ve wondered what the hell happened to the Cypriots if everyone here is Greek! :lol:

Most people are extremely easy to mold into anything you want. All it takes is to get full control of their education system and you could have them convinced that they are Chinese settlers even and therefore “Cypro-Chinese”, I’d say within two decades!

Greece had 100% control of Cyprus’ education system for decades and could therefore inject any self-serving stories they wanted into the minds of many generations of graduates. Of course, there is no excuse for buying foreign baloney once you reach a certain age and can think for yourself if only you tap into that ability...
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40525
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby Mapko » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:42 am

Me Ed wrote:
Mapko wrote:
Me Ed wrote:You had all that you Greek clown.

But you threw it all away on some deluded enosis dream.


Greek 'Cypriot' clown.

Why shouldn't we have Enosis? The islanders had been transferred from one colonial power to another for eternity and at last had the opportunity to decide their own future. Unfortunately, the tail wagged the dog and the small percentage of Turk Cypriots didn't want what the majority of the island wanted and we got what we have now. Hindisght is a valuable thing.

You are so deluded you fell straight into the hands of the Turk...

In 1963 we successfully revoked the disproportionate rights of the TCs and established democracy in Cyprus through the 13 amendments.

The TCs removed themselves from government and enclaved themselves.

The UN accepted the 13 amendments and halted an attempted invasion from Turkey in 1964.

Between 1967 and 1974, no reported deaths through inter-communal violence.

I believe in time the TCs would have had no choice but to join normal Cypriot society.

I also believe that although Turkey wanted to partition Cyprus, they had no mandate or pretext to do so and had accepted the status of Cyprus.

So far so good...

Now what could have possibly gone wrong with this perfect situation.

Greece and treacherous Greek wannabes like you (1974).

Fools like you, Kimon, GIG and other Greece flag waving traitors gave the Turks want they wanted.

I hope you can sleep at night.



So Cretans aren't Greek, they are Cretans?
So Sicilians aren't Italian, they are Sicilian?
The inhabitants of these islands want to be those nationalities so the islands are. The majority of Cyprus - even taking into account the Turk Cypriots it was a majority - wanted to be a Greek island so they pressed for Enosis. The Cypriots had had centuries of slavery under the Ottomans and the British and wanted to decide their own futures. They wanted to be a part of their historic culture; with peoples they had an affinity with; with a country that wouldn't invade it and enslave it. Is this so bad?

It was the CIA that got the Greek junta into power in Greece and, more than likely, the CIA that urged the junta to proceed on Cyprus - this so that Turkey could invade. At this time, it was a different administration in the USA to the one that forced the British to end their colonial rule - though the CIA isn't bound by American policies. Whether the junta had acted in 1974 or not, Turkey would have invaded under any pretence at one stage or another - then who would you have been able to blame?

Treachery? Who were betrayed - the minority?

I sleep at night because it's the sleep of the righteous - I wonder if the apologetics can say the same.
Mapko
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:58 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby Mapko » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:50 am

Get Real! wrote:
Mapko wrote:So if you are a Cypriot through and through, like it or not, you are inherently Greek - or Turkic.

That’s what they taught you at the Greek sponsored gymnasium but if you could think for yourself all these years you would’ve wondered what the hell happened to the Cypriots if everyone here is Greek! :lol:

Most people are extremely easy to mold into anything you want. All it takes is to get full control of their education system and you could have them convinced that they are Chinese settlers even and therefore “Cypro-Chinese”, I’d say within two decades!

Greece had 100% control of Cyprus’ education system for decades and could therefore inject any self-serving stories they wanted into the minds of many generations of graduates. Of course, there is no excuse for buying foreign baloney once you reach a certain age and can think for yourself if only you tap into that ability...



This is nothing to do with what has been taught, where and by who - this is the way things are. The Cypriots are Greek - apart from the Cypriots who yoelded to the Turkic soldiers after they were given land on the island for conquering it.

Really? Is that your argument? That's totally absurd! Do the Cypriots look Chinese? Do they speak Chinese? Do they eat Chinese? Is their religion Buddhism or Taoism? Is their national anthem the same as the Chinese one?

I have done exactly what you've suggested which is why am pro-Hellenes.
Mapko
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:58 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby Me Ed » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:45 am

Mapko,

I see you have now resorted to half-assed conspiracy theories but I'm used to hearing that everyone was to blame for the Cyprus problem except for the Greek wannabes.

Historically, Cyprus has never been ruled by Athens and even the Church of Cyprus (formed AD 431) is more senior and completely separate from the relatively new Church of Greece (formed AD 1833).

OXI to Athens rule!
OXI to subordinating Cyprus to Greece!
User avatar
Me Ed
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1787
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:24 pm
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:44 pm

Me Ed wrote: .... except for the Greek wannabes.


Well, that's ontology for you. We all "wannabe" what's best and true. You just carry on as an amoeba.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8962
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby Get Real! » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:21 pm

Mapko wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Mapko wrote:So if you are a Cypriot through and through, like it or not, you are inherently Greek - or Turkic.

That’s what they taught you at the Greek sponsored gymnasium but if you could think for yourself all these years you would’ve wondered what the hell happened to the Cypriots if everyone here is Greek! :lol:

Most people are extremely easy to mold into anything you want. All it takes is to get full control of their education system and you could have them convinced that they are Chinese settlers even and therefore “Cypro-Chinese”, I’d say within two decades!

Greece had 100% control of Cyprus’ education system for decades and could therefore inject any self-serving stories they wanted into the minds of many generations of graduates. Of course, there is no excuse for buying foreign baloney once you reach a certain age and can think for yourself if only you tap into that ability...



This is nothing to do with what has been taught, where and by who - this is the way things are. The Cypriots are Greek - apart from the Cypriots who yoelded to the Turkic soldiers after they were given land on the island for conquering it.

Really? Is that your argument? That's totally absurd! Do the Cypriots look Chinese? Do they speak Chinese? Do they eat Chinese? Is their religion Buddhism or Taoism? Is their national anthem the same as the Chinese one?

I have done exactly what you've suggested which is why am pro-Hellenes.

Like I said, if only you tap into that ability... because repeating someone else’s mantra only proves that you can't think for yourself.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40525
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby supporttheunderdog » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:42 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Me Ed wrote: .... except for the Greek wannabes.


Well, that's ontology for you. We all "wannabe" what's best and true. You just carry on as an amoeba.


I'd disagree with that from a philosophical point of view - some people wannabee drug dealers.....live on the dole....etc., of become profesional footballers. Wouild you say thay wannabee something that is Better or True.

Any what is so wrong with being Cypriot or wanting to be Cypriot or are you as a Greek wannabee saying being Greek is in some way better or true than being e.g. Cypriot ?
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8201
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby supporttheunderdog » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:49 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Mapko wrote:So if you are a Cypriot through and through, like it or not, you are inherently Greek - or Turkic.

That’s what they taught you at the Greek sponsored gymnasium but if you could think for yourself all these years you would’ve wondered what the hell happened to the Cypriots if everyone here is Greek! :lol:

Most people are extremely easy to mold into anything you want. All it takes is to get full control of their education system and you could have them convinced that they are Chinese settlers even and therefore “Cypro-Chinese”, I’d say within two decades!

Greece had 100% control of Cyprus’ education system for decades and could therefore inject any self-serving stories they wanted into the minds of many generations of graduates. Of course, there is no excuse for buying foreign baloney once you reach a certain age and can think for yourself if only you tap into that ability...



It was the jesuits who said Give me a child until the age of 7 and he is ours for life... her we have people subject to indoctrination until they are 18.... no surprise they keep repeating the mantra...
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8201
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:50 pm

supporttheunderdog wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Me Ed wrote: .... except for the Greek wannabes.


Well, that's ontology for you. We all "wannabe" what's best and true. You just carry on as an amoeba.


I'd disagree with that from a philosophical point of view - some people wannabee drug dealers.....live on the dole....etc., of become profesional footballers. Wouild you say thay wannabee something that is Better or True.

Any what is so wrong with being Cypriot or wanting to be Cypriot or are you as a Greek wannabee saying being Greek is in some way better or true than being e.g. Cypriot ?


[Why don't you try and answer the first part yourself once you learn the difference between being and doing.]

As for the second part; I am Cypriot and I am Greek. In my case, neither inhibits the other. Perhaps you are English and British?

(Are you not tired of trolling with the same premise? Telling us what we are or not.)
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8962
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby Mapko » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:56 pm

Me Ed wrote:Mapko,

I see you have now resorted to half-assed conspiracy theories but I'm used to hearing that everyone was to blame for the Cyprus problem except for the Greek wannabes.

Historically, Cyprus has never been ruled by Athens and even the Church of Cyprus (formed AD 431) is more senior and completely separate from the relatively new Church of Greece (formed AD 1833).

OXI to Athens rule!
OXI to subordinating Cyprus to Greece!



Me Ed...Are you trying to tell me that the CIA - amongst other secret organisations of the world - does not inflitrate the governments and regimes of other countries to alter the course to their own agendas? It's been stated as fact that this happens. Please read up on these - they are not conspiracy theories - they are actual events that take place in the world today.

Yes, I agree with the Church of Cyprus out-dating the Church of Greece, but your argument isn't convincing and you've picked up on one small point I made. Desperation springs to mind.

No, I don't want to be ruled by Athens and I don't want to be subordinate to anyone - I just want the country to be recognised for what it is, a Greek country.
It seems it always has to be that Cyprus is to be governed by a greater power and I would rather that power be Greece than Turkic or British.
Mapko
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:58 pm
Location: Manchester

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus and the European Union

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests