The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Tio Ellinas - another CY prodigy

Football, Basketball, F1 etc.

Tio Ellinas - another CY prodigy

Postby Cap » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:19 pm

Victory in Monza

User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6812
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: Tio Ellinas - another CY prodigy

Postby kurupetos » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:31 pm

Congratulations! I love his surname. 8)

(What's GP3? :? )
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17912
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Tio Ellinas - another CY prodigy

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:52 pm

Agreed. Great surname - and beautiful, if most appropriate, National Anthem. :D

A very handsome young man who should go far, especially if he carries on driving so fast! :)
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Tio Ellinas - another CY prodigy

Postby Cap » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:56 pm

Last lap....

User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6812
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: Tio Ellinas - another CY prodigy

Postby Cap » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:20 pm

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6812
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: Tio Ellinas - another CY prodigy

Postby Me Ed » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:46 pm

Congratulations to Tio, and another great Cypriot sporting achievement.

As for his surname, it's not unusual for Cypriots to have a surname that reflects an ancestor from foreign lands.
User avatar
Me Ed
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1787
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:24 pm
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Re: Tio Ellinas - another CY prodigy

Postby Cap » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:02 pm

Me Ed wrote:Congratulations to Tio, and another great Cypriot sporting achievement.



'Never say never.

Unbelievable things have happened in the past.
This island was built to smash the status quo.

This is what I live for.' - Cap (Sep 29, 2011)

cyprus35620-10.html
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6812
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: Tio Ellinas - another CY prodigy

Postby CBBB » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:04 pm

Me Ed wrote:As for his surname, it's not unusual for Cypriots to have a surname that reflects an ancestor from foreign lands.


Very true, a mate of mine is an Englezo and I know and AmerIkano.
User avatar
CBBB
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11435
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Centre of the Universe

Re: Tio Ellinas - another CY prodigy

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:04 pm

CBBB wrote:
Me Ed wrote:As for his surname, it's not unusual for Cypriots to have a surname that reflects an ancestor from foreign lands.


Very true, a mate of mine is an Englezo and I know and AmerIkano.


Yes, it usually signifies that the father-head at the time a surname had to be registered (probably in the 50's) originated from that place. (For example, Theo Paphitis)
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Tio Ellinas - another CY prodigy

Postby Get Real! » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:30 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
CBBB wrote:
Me Ed wrote:As for his surname, it's not unusual for Cypriots to have a surname that reflects an ancestor from foreign lands.


Very true, a mate of mine is an Englezo and I know and AmerIkano.


Yes, it usually signifies that the father-head at the time a surname had to be registered (probably in the 50's) originated from that place. (For example, Theo Paphitis)

No it doesn’t, they’re only nick names! In those days someone could’ve returned from a rare holiday to the US boasting sunglasses and he could’ve automatically been branded an American as a joke which would then stick for life!

My granddad got a black eye in a fight when young so he was nicknamed “mavromaddis” (black eye) which stayed with him till his end. So no, he was not a Caribbean pirate and none of us kept that name. :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40448
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Next

Return to Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests