The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Costa Philippou, Another repudiated Cyprus son

Football, Basketball, F1 etc.

Costa Philippou, Another repudiated Cyprus son

Postby Cap » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:46 pm

The Greek disease knows no bounds. Another example of how we reject our sons.
Hats off to our boy, finding fame and fortune in a foreign land that rewards excellence.

Philippou was never supposed to get here, not a kid from far-off Cyprus, a place that was hardly known for exporting combat sports talent. He started his unlikely journey as a teenager, boxing under Polis Potamitis, a local who would become his mentor and best friend. After several years of training and scraping by on jobs in factories and as a restaurant cook, Potamitis thought Philippou, then 25 years old, might be good enough to turn pro....


Image

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/12/27/3 ... -a-life-he
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6811
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: Costa Philippou, Another repudiated Cyprus son

Postby georgios100 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:47 pm

Cap wrote:The Greek disease knows no bounds. Another example of how we reject our sons.
Hats off to our boy, finding fame and fortune in a foreign land that rewards excellence.

Philippou was never supposed to get here, not a kid from far-off Cyprus, a place that was hardly known for exporting combat sports talent. He started his unlikely journey as a teenager, boxing under Polis Potamitis, a local who would become his mentor and best friend. After several years of training and scraping by on jobs in factories and as a restaurant cook, Potamitis thought Philippou, then 25 years old, might be good enough to turn pro....


Image

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/12/27/3 ... -a-life-he


I've been following Filippou all along... good fighter, off Limassol, Cyprus.
Needs more training to reach the top but excellent results so far!
User avatar
georgios100
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 936
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:21 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Costa Philippou, Another repudiated Cyprus son

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:48 pm

I hope he beats up that Turk-loving, illegal-regime-supporting boxer. :D
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Costa Philippou, Another repudiated Cyprus son

Postby Cap » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:26 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:I hope he beats up that Turk-loving, illegal-regime-supporting boxer. :D



That freeloading cheapskate squatter David Gay?
That should be a good bout, since Philippou's a boxer by trade.
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6811
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: Costa Philippou, Another repudiated Cyprus son

Postby Cap » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:19 pm

Ok, so another win for Costa.

which flag looks totally out of place on this list and doesn't it look awesome? :mrgreen:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Boetsch
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6811
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: Costa Philippou, Another repudiated Cyprus son

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:24 pm

Cap wrote:Ok, so another win for Costa.

which flag looks totally out of place on this list and doesn't it look awesome? :mrgreen:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Boetsch


Ooohh lovely win! :D

The roots of modern mixed martial arts can be traced back to the ancient Olympics where one of the earliest documented systems of codified full range unarmed combat was in the sport of pankration.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Costa Philippou, Another repudiated Cyprus son

Postby Cap » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:49 pm

Dude is class.

User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6811
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: Costa Philippou, Another repudiated Cyprus son

Postby FragnaticDeath » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:16 am

User avatar
FragnaticDeath
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:21 pm
Location: Cyprus, United Kingdom Kent Canterbury

Re: Costa Philippou, Another repudiated Cyprus son

Postby Cap » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:48 am

Uppercut lesson 101
Philippou class.

Image
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6811
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: Costa Philippou, Another repudiated Cyprus son

Postby Cap » Sun May 11, 2014 9:32 am

Philppou wipes out Larkin.
UFC Fight Night 40, 2014

Image

Image
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6811
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Next

Return to Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest