The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


turkish cypriots living in the south

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Re: turkish cypriots living in the south

Postby Viewpoint » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:49 pm

Pyrpolizer wrote:
Viewpoint wrote:The same GC medias that did not give the EU or the UN any say during the run up to the AP vote.


It was TV channels that did not give them airing time because as they said they did not have airing time, NOT newspapers.
newspapers were actually the ones who reported the event :!:

You did not answer me why has not Vatan ever reported anything about lordos story. :roll:


The whole media in the south was manipulated against the AP and you know it.

As for the Lordos story I dont read vatan so I would'nt know.
User avatar
Viewpoint
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25201
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:48 pm
Location: Nicosia/Lefkosa

Re: turkish cypriots living in the south

Postby Pyrpolizer » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:04 pm

Viewpoint wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:
Viewpoint wrote:The same GC medias that did not give the EU or the UN any say during the run up to the AP vote.


It was TV channels that did not give them airing time because as they said they did not have airing time, NOT newspapers.
newspapers were actually the ones who reported the event :!:

You did not answer me why has not Vatan ever reported anything about lordos story. :roll:


The whole media in the south was manipulated against the AP and you know it.

As for the Lordos story I dont read vatan so I would'nt know.


I am sorry but you are wrong. They were not manipulated against the Anan Plan.
The public opinion was against the Anan Plan because of what it contained.
From memory the Politis newspaper and Cyprus mail were in favor of the Anan Plan.The TV channels were hosting opposing views every night.And we are not talking for some insignificant debators... they were people with deep knowledge.

Why can't you accept the fact that the Anan Plan was catastrophic for the GCs? Just use your logic which refugee would ever vote against a plan that would solve him his problems? You are not serious really if you insist that all those people were manipulated.

Let's assume for a moment that all those people were indeed tricked to vote against the Anan Plan. If that plan was really good and those people were really tricked, wouldn't the truth come out in the open 9 years after??
If yes how come not even one of those who voted against the Anan Plan ever changed his mind?

Let's be more serious here shall we? :wink:

NB. About lordos story it seems we have to wait for his next shit or asshole to engage in work.He run out of both. :lol:
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7891
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:33 am

Re: turkish cypriots living in the south

Postby Jerry » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:11 pm

Viewpoint wrote:
The whole media in the south was manipulated against the AP and you know it.



I've told you before VP the Annan Plan was illegal, why the hell should the GCs have to accept an illegal plan just to satisfy Turkey and the West.

Illegal in the opinion of experts of international law.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annan_Plan_for_Cyprus
Against the plan
"I consider the Annan plan to be fundamentally flawed. To put it in common language I consider that plan to be a non-starter. It is so incompatible with international law and international human rights norms that it is nothing less than shocking that the organisation would bend to political pressure and political interest on the part of my country of nationality [the USA] and Great Britain, in order to cater for the interests of a NATO partner.... I think it is not salvageable, quite honestly. I think it cannot be saved, and if it were saved I think it would be a major disservice not only to the Cypriot people but a disservice to international law; because everything that we at the UN have tried to build over 60 years, the norms of international law that have emerged in international treaties, in resolutions of the Security Council, would be weakened if not made ridiculous by an arrangement that essentially ignores them, makes them irrelevant or acts completely against the letter and spirit of those treaties and resolutions." Alfred de Zayas, a leading expert in the field of human rights, as well as a former high-ranking United Nations official.[63

"The parties to the UN negotiations, Greece, Turkey, the (Greek) Cypriot government and the (still internationally unrecognised) Turkish Cypriot administration met in April at Bürgenstock in Switzerland, having allowed Kofi Annan in advance to make his own arbitration decisions on any unresolved issues when the negotiations ended; in their final stages a last minute tranche of extra demands were made by the Turkish military—which the Turkish Cypriots had not asked for and did not want. Urged on by the EU and the US, Annan accepted them all—including the proposal that Turkish troops remain in the island in perpetuity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annan_Plan_for_Cyprus

http://alfreddezayas.com/Articles/cyprussettlers.shtml
Jerry
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4161
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 1:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: turkish cypriots living in the south

Postby Viewpoint » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:18 pm

Jerry wrote:
Viewpoint wrote:
The whole media in the south was manipulated against the AP and you know it.



I've told you before VP the Annan Plan was illegal, why the hell should the GCs have to accept an illegal plan just to satisfy Turkey and the West.

Illegal in the opinion of experts of international law.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annan_Plan_for_Cyprus
Against the plan
"I consider the Annan plan to be fundamentally flawed. To put it in common language I consider that plan to be a non-starter. It is so incompatible with international law and international human rights norms that it is nothing less than shocking that the organisation would bend to political pressure and political interest on the part of my country of nationality [the USA] and Great Britain, in order to cater for the interests of a NATO partner.... I think it is not salvageable, quite honestly. I think it cannot be saved, and if it were saved I think it would be a major disservice not only to the Cypriot people but a disservice to international law; because everything that we at the UN have tried to build over 60 years, the norms of international law that have emerged in international treaties, in resolutions of the Security Council, would be weakened if not made ridiculous by an arrangement that essentially ignores them, makes them irrelevant or acts completely against the letter and spirit of those treaties and resolutions." Alfred de Zayas, a leading expert in the field of human rights, as well as a former high-ranking United Nations official.[63

"The parties to the UN negotiations, Greece, Turkey, the (Greek) Cypriot government and the (still internationally unrecognised) Turkish Cypriot administration met in April at Bürgenstock in Switzerland, having allowed Kofi Annan in advance to make his own arbitration decisions on any unresolved issues when the negotiations ended; in their final stages a last minute tranche of extra demands were made by the Turkish military—which the Turkish Cypriots had not asked for and did not want. Urged on by the EU and the US, Annan accepted them all—including the proposal that Turkish troops remain in the island in perpetuity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annan_Plan_for_Cyprus

http://alfreddezayas.com/Articles/cyprussettlers.shtml


Says who? your sources are unreliable, they are telling you what they want you to believe and you are dumb enough to believe it. You say the UN EU USA UK and even Greece tried to sell you GCs an illegal plan?
Last edited by Viewpoint on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Viewpoint
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25201
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:48 pm
Location: Nicosia/Lefkosa

Re: turkish cypriots living in the south

Postby Viewpoint » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:22 pm

Pyrpolizer wrote:
Viewpoint wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:
Viewpoint wrote:The same GC medias that did not give the EU or the UN any say during the run up to the AP vote.


It was TV channels that did not give them airing time because as they said they did not have airing time, NOT newspapers.
newspapers were actually the ones who reported the event :!:

You did not answer me why has not Vatan ever reported anything about lordos story. :roll:


The whole media in the south was manipulated against the AP and you know it.

As for the Lordos story I dont read vatan so I would'nt know.


I am sorry but you are wrong. They were not manipulated against the Anan Plan.
The public opinion was against the Anan Plan because of what it contained.
From memory the Politis newspaper and Cyprus mail were in favor of the Anan Plan.The TV channels were hosting opposing views every night.And we are not talking for some insignificant debators... they were people with deep knowledge.

Why can't you accept the fact that the Anan Plan was catastrophic for the GCs? Just use your logic which refugee would ever vote against a plan that would solve him his problems? You are not serious really if you insist that all those people were manipulated.

Let's assume for a moment that all those people were indeed tricked to vote against the Anan Plan. If that plan was really good and those people were really tricked, wouldn't the truth come out in the open 9 years after??
If yes how come not even one of those who voted against the Anan Plan ever changed his mind?

Let's be more serious here shall we? :wink:

NB. About lordos story it seems we have to wait for his next shit or asshole to engage in work.He run out of both. :lol:


Was this before or after your leader cried on national TV or when the lady in black left church and told reporters everyone would burn in hell if the voted yes or the little GC in black with oxi written across their chests.
User avatar
Viewpoint
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25201
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:48 pm
Location: Nicosia/Lefkosa

Re: turkish cypriots living in the south

Postby Pyrpolizer » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:53 pm

Viewpoint wrote:Was this before or after your leader cried on national TV or when the lady in black left church and told reporters everyone would burn in hell if the voted yes or the little GC in black with oxi written across their chests.


Well before. Papadopoulos cried last when the public opinion was ALREADY formed. The effect of the priest was also very insignificant. My parents in law are both very religious they both voted yes.
VP you have to understand one thing: If a solution is right then NOBODY can trick the public, no president, no priest nobody.We have so many experts and people with deep knowledge that the truth will come to the surface within a few days.
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7891
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:33 am

Re: turkish cypriots living in the south

Postby Jerry » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:29 pm

Viewpoint wrote:
Jerry wrote:
Viewpoint wrote:
The whole media in the south was manipulated against the AP and you know it.



I've told you before VP the Annan Plan was illegal, why the hell should the GCs have to accept an illegal plan just to satisfy Turkey and the West.

Illegal in the opinion of experts of international law.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annan_Plan_for_Cyprus
Against the plan
"I consider the Annan plan to be fundamentally flawed. To put it in common language I consider that plan to be a non-starter. It is so incompatible with international law and international human rights norms that it is nothing less than shocking that the organisation would bend to political pressure and political interest on the part of my country of nationality [the USA] and Great Britain, in order to cater for the interests of a NATO partner.... I think it is not salvageable, quite honestly. I think it cannot be saved, and if it were saved I think it would be a major disservice not only to the Cypriot people but a disservice to international law; because everything that we at the UN have tried to build over 60 years, the norms of international law that have emerged in international treaties, in resolutions of the Security Council, would be weakened if not made ridiculous by an arrangement that essentially ignores them, makes them irrelevant or acts completely against the letter and spirit of those treaties and resolutions." Alfred de Zayas, a leading expert in the field of human rights, as well as a former high-ranking United Nations official.[63

"The parties to the UN negotiations, Greece, Turkey, the (Greek) Cypriot government and the (still internationally unrecognised) Turkish Cypriot administration met in April at Bürgenstock in Switzerland, having allowed Kofi Annan in advance to make his own arbitration decisions on any unresolved issues when the negotiations ended; in their final stages a last minute tranche of extra demands were made by the Turkish military—which the Turkish Cypriots had not asked for and did not want. Urged on by the EU and the US, Annan accepted them all—including the proposal that Turkish troops remain in the island in perpetuity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annan_Plan_for_Cyprus

http://alfreddezayas.com/Articles/cyprussettlers.shtml


Says who? your sources are unreliable, they are telling you what they want you to believe and you are dumb enough to believe it. You say the UN EU USA UK and even Greece tried to sell you GCs an illegal plan?


Says this lot,

International Group of Legal Experts (Andreas Auer, Switzerland, Professor of Constitutional Law, University of Geneva; Mark Bossuyt, Belgium, Professor of International Law, University of Antwerp; Peter T. Burns, Canada, Former Dean of the UBC Law Faculty, Professor of Law, University of British Columbia, Vancouver; Alfred de Zayas, USA, Geneva School of Diplomacy, Former Secretary, UN Human Rights Committee; Silvio-Marcus Helmons, Belgium, Emeritus Professor of Université Catholique de Louvain, Public International Law and Human Rights; George Kasimatis, Greece, Emeritus Professor of University of Athens, Constitutional Law, Honorary President of the International Association of Constitutional Law; Dieter Oberndörfer, Germany, Professor Emeritus, Political Science, University of Freiburg; Malcolm N. Shaw QC, UK, The Sir Robert Jennings Professor of International Law, University of Leicester.)[64]
Jerry
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4161
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 1:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: turkish cypriots living in the south

Postby Pyrpolizer » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:50 pm

VP can you list us an equal number of accredited scholars who support the Anan Plan :?: :!:
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7891
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:33 am

Re: turkish cypriots living in the south

Postby Jerry » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:11 am

Pyrpolizer wrote:VP can you list us an equal number of accredited scholars who support the Anan Plan :?: :!:



No he can't, they are still doing GCSEs :lol:
Jerry
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4161
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 1:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: turkish cypriots living in the south

Postby Viewpoint » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:44 am

Pyrpolizer wrote:
Viewpoint wrote:Was this before or after your leader cried on national TV or when the lady in black left church and told reporters everyone would burn in hell if the voted yes or the little GC in black with oxi written across their chests.


Well before. Papadopoulos cried last when the public opinion was ALREADY formed. The effect of the priest was also very insignificant. My parents in law are both very religious they both voted yes.
VP you have to understand one thing: If a solution is right then NOBODY can trick the public, no president, no priest nobody.We have so many experts and people with deep knowledge that the truth will come to the surface within a few days.


This is rubbish the majority of GCs did not read the AP they accepted what they were told by so called experts your leader, priests, party leaders, the aggression on the streets, the lack of explanation of the benefits, misleading information and fear mongering that Turkey would take the whole island these are the why people said no fear of the unknown due to manipulation and misinformation, you were played in the hope that you would get something better later on, well that opportunity has gone never to return again. What was it you people said a No for a Yes later :lol:
User avatar
Viewpoint
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25201
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:48 pm
Location: Nicosia/Lefkosa

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest