The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


A Considered Opinion on the European Union

Benefits and problems from the EU membership.

Re: A Considered Opinion on the European Union

Postby Oceanside50 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:07 pm

The power of each state in the Eu is diminishing rapidly..but isn't that what the experiment called for and isn't that what the midget prez of Cyprus was touting when he yelled out "more Europe"...in his first speech as eu president? People, the masses are more interested in the sizzle rather then substance....
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2062
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: A Considered Opinion on the European Union

Postby cyprusgrump » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:41 pm

Oceanside50 wrote:The power of each state in the Eu is diminishing rapidly..but isn't that what the experiment called for and isn't that what the midget prez of Cyprus was touting when he yelled out "more Europe"...in his first speech as eu president? People, the masses are more interested in the sizzle rather then substance....


If he wants more EU then he will obviously slash the size of his government...?

It would be a first, as far as I am aware no country that has ceded powers to the EU has seen fit to slash the size of its own government accordingly.

Is it a good idea to diminish the powers of the state and cede them to the EU? Well, look at the record of the EU - it is fiscally incompetent...
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: A Considered Opinion on the European Union

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:54 pm

cyprusgrump wrote: Well, look at the record of the EU - it is fiscally incompetent...


Rubbish!

The economy of the European Union generates a GDP of over €12.629 trillion (US$17.578 trillion in 2011) according to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), making it the largest economy in the world.
wiki
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: A Considered Opinion on the European Union

Postby cyprusgrump » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:17 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
cyprusgrump wrote: Well, look at the record of the EU - it is fiscally incompetent...


Rubbish!

The economy of the European Union generates a GDP of over €12.629 trillion (US$17.578 trillion in 2011) according to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), making it the largest economy in the world.
wiki


The largest economy in the world by bailouts...

France - Bankrupt.

Greece - a financial basket case.

Spain, Portugal, Italy - see Greece.

Even your beloved Cyprus is going begging because of the fiscal policies of the EU.

Lets face it, the EU couldn't run a hot dog stall profitably....

The only good news recently is somebody with a spine picking up votes in Italy - perhaps that will bring forward the inevitable collapse of this nightmare...

You do realise don't you that Spartan Gamer and his children will be paying for this mess long after you have shed your mortal coil....
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: A Considered Opinion on the European Union

Postby supporttheunderdog » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:03 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
cyprusgrump wrote: Well, look at the record of the EU - it is fiscally incompetent...


Rubbish!

The economy of the European Union generates a GDP of over €12.629 trillion (US$17.578 trillion in 2011) according to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), making it the largest economy in the world.
wiki


As an institution the EU is fiscally incompetent: due to (at the very politist) gross incompetance in accounting matters the auditors have seemingly not been able to approve the accounts for 18 years, without reserve about material errors of 3.9% (and the EU Commission claims this is clean bill of health )
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8190
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: A Considered Opinion on the European Union

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:25 pm

You're just spouting the US/British bankers' propaganda which is trying to stop the growth of the Euro - now no longer second, but FIRST.

The debts of the USA and UK are far far greater but they can keep their grief private because they fear losing their credit ratings (something they have been abusing to help destroy the Euro - including their recent interest rate fixing deals).

The Euro can carry on being high profile, as it goes from strength to strength - sure, it's built on the blood of Greeks but that's why it's going to be STRONGER!

But as of now, the pound remains the worst performing currency among the G7 countries - the United States, Japan, Germany, Britain, France, Canada, and Italy.

thisismoney.co.uk
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: A Considered Opinion on the European Union

Postby cyprusgrump » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:31 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:You're just spouting the US/British bankers' propaganda which is trying to stop the growth of the Euro - now no longer second, but FIRST.

The debts of the USA and UK are far far greater but they can keep their grief private because they fear losing their credit ratings (something they have been abusing to help destroy the Euro - including their recent interest rate fixing deals).

The Euro can carry on being high profile, as it goes from strength to strength - sure, it's built on the blood of Greeks but that's why it's going to be STRONGER!

But as of now, the pound remains the worst performing currency among the G7 countries - the United States, Japan, Germany, Britain, France, Canada, and Italy.

thisismoney.co.uk


:lol: :lol: :lol:

The whole €urozone is bankrupt and those in charge fiscally inept....

...and if the USA and UK debts are hidden how did you know about it - are you some master financial market spy? No, it has been on just about every website and newspaper throughout the world constantly. Just the other day the UK was downgraded and guess what, it is all over the news...

The whole world is in a financial mess - nobody denies that but you! The sad thing is that you long for more control and corruption from your beloved EU.....
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: A Considered Opinion on the European Union

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:34 pm

Oh, so now that you're cornered, you claim the whole world is in a mess. Yes, it is. But the UK/US would love to hide those facts - can't be done except among a few morons. But, you were the only one making out it was only the EU (hence this thread). Now the EU has been shown to be among the healthiest, in a pack of badly performing currencies (mostly sterling and dollar), suddenly, you pull out the "whole world in a mess" card. :roll:

Make your mind up you scoundrel. You know you have done really well being buffered in Cyprus, compared to your compatriots at home.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: A Considered Opinion on the European Union

Postby Oceanside50 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:19 am

The euro can't be first when a country/corporation can only buy oil with American dollars..the American economy since the great recession has blossomed into a beautiful AMERICAN rose, the unemployment rate has declined property values are going up and the American stock market has been closing on to an all time high. While the Eu has been reduced to chasing Christofias through a goat field in Tylliria, wanting their money. How can the Euro be first Greek Island Girl? how? how?
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2062
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: A Considered Opinion on the European Union

Postby cyprusgrump » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:24 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Oh, so now that you're cornered, you claim the whole world is in a mess. Yes, it is. But the UK/US would love to hide those facts - can't be done except among a few morons. But, you were the only one making out it was only the EU (hence this thread). Now the EU has been shown to be among the healthiest, in a pack of badly performing currencies (mostly sterling and dollar), suddenly, you pull out the "whole world in a mess" card. :roll:

Make your mind up you scoundrel. You know you have done really well being buffered in Cyprus, compared to your compatriots at home.


As usual you attribute things that posters on here have never said or claimed - that really does make you the forum troll...

I have NEVER claimed that the UK, The 'States or any other country come to that does not have financial problems. I have NEVER tried to hide that and if you opened your eyes and ears to the discussions of 'deficit' reduction you would see that it isn't exactly a secret in the media either.

And the reason for this thread (if you used your brain for a short moment) is that this is the Cyprus Forum, I live in Cyprus and Cyprus is in the EU - do you get it now?

As for the healthiest currency, tell that to those that have lost their jobs and businesses and those that cannot afford to eat.

Meanwhile your beloved, oh so perfect EU gives billions of our money to countries that aren't even members of the union....

It is madness, utter, utter madness....
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus and the European Union

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests