The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


...you got to believe.

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

...you got to believe.

Postby repulsewarrior » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:00 am

it seems that the Science Council in Turkey are not comfortable with the Koran standing up to comparitive analysis, why else would they ban Darwin?

The Scientific and Technical Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) has put a stop to the publication and sale of all books in its archives that support the theory of evolution, daily Radikal has reported.


Titles by Richard Dawkins, Alan Moorehead, Stephen Jay Gould, Richard Levontin and James Watson are all included in the list of books that will no longer be available to Turkish readers.


http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkey ... sCatID=374
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5219
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: ...you got to believe.

Postby Get Real! » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:11 am

It’s a pretty stupid theory anyway so for that alone I would ban it too! :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 35669
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: ...you got to believe.

Postby CBBB » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:16 am

Get Real! wrote:It’s a pretty stupid theory anyway so for that alone I would ban it too! :lol:


That is because you have never evolved!
User avatar
CBBB
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11097
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 2:15 pm
Location: Centre of the Universe

Re: ...you got to believe.

Postby Get Real! » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:19 am

CBBB wrote:
Get Real! wrote:It’s a pretty stupid theory anyway so for that alone I would ban it too! :lol:


That is because you have never evolved!

CBBB, you and all the other members in here is enough evidence for me to debunk the theory of evolution! :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 35669
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: ...you got to believe.

Postby Get Real! » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:25 am

Ok, so which one of you evolutionists is seriously saying that he or she is the culmination of 15,000 (odd) years of human existence? :lol:

Dudes, if I put you all in a blender I’ll end up with fucking grasshopper juice!

:lol: :lol: :lol:






And one for the road... :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 35669
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: ...you got to believe.

Postby Get Real! » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:10 am

GR's REALISTIC definition of Evolution:

It’s a theory of such extremely slow development (in fact unquantifiable) that nobody can possibly be around long enough to witness it!

Not even the 15,000 (odd) year existence of man has experienced anything that could possibly be described as “evolving”!

In fact, the presumed theory is so slow that it cannot possibly be quantified with respect to time that everything else is!

For example we often hear things like:

“It took monkeys 10 billion years to stand on their two feet!”

Right! Well if it took a monkey that long to stand then during those 10 billion years when he couldn’t stand there was NO evolution because the monkey was NOT standing and he had NOT accomplished anything that could be described as progress!

And one day, all of a sudden one of them stands and you claim that they had to think about it for 10 billion years to do it?

Shouldn’t “development” be bound by time if it is to be quantified and evaluated?

I mean, if it takes a creature 10 gazillion years to take a step forward is that a creature evolving or just a fucking stupid creature?

I say it’s the latter! :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 35669
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: ...you got to believe.

Postby supporttheunderdog » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:19 am

Human Kind is lots older than 15000 years - probably over 200,000 years.and yes evolution is slow.
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6743
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: ...you got to believe.

Postby bill cobbett » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:26 am

Get Real! wrote:GR's REALISTIC definition of Evolution:

It’s a theory of such extremely slow development (in fact unquantifiable) that nobody can possibly be around long enough to witness it!

Not even the 15,000 (odd) year existence of man has experienced anything that could possibly be described as “evolving”!

In fact, the presumed theory is so slow that it cannot possibly be quantified with respect to time that everything else is!

For example we often hear things like:

“It took monkeys 10 billion years to stand on their two feet!”

Right! Well if it took a monkey that long to stand then during those 10 billion years when he couldn’t stand there was NO evolution because the monkey was NOT standing and he had NOT accomplished anything that could be described as progress!

And one day, all of a sudden one of them stands and you claim that they had to think about it for 10 billion years to do it?

Shouldn’t “development” be bound by time if it is to be quantified and evaluated?

I mean, if it takes a creature 10 gazillion years to take a step forward is that a creature evolving or just a fucking stupid creature?

I say it’s the latter! :lol:



Brrrr... well yes that last sentence prob does apply to people from Paphos but you try telling all that to things like viruses and bacteria replicating so quickly they are able to evolve resistances to over-come made-made antibiotics in a short time.
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15211
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by the Jurkish Army

Re: ...you got to believe.

Postby Get Real! » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:48 pm

supporttheunderdog wrote:Human Kind is lots older than 15000 years - probably over 200,000 years.and yes evolution is slow.

I’m talking about “modern man” as we know him, not the morlocks in Darwin’s fantasies!
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 35669
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: ...you got to believe.

Postby Get Real! » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:48 pm

bill cobbett wrote:Brrrr... well yes that last sentence prob does apply to people from Paphos but you try telling all that to things like viruses and bacteria replicating so quickly they are able to evolve resistances to over-come made-made antibiotics in a short time.

Who says that their ability to overcome resistance wasn’t built into them from the start?

Viruses are not evolving, they are just using their survival mechanisms like you and me!

NB: I hope you don't get "evolve" and "morph" confused here.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 35669
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Next

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest