The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


A humble proposal

Propose and discuss specific solutions to aspects of the Cyprus Problem

Re: A humble proposal

Postby supporttheunderdog » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:45 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
supporttheunderdog wrote:YOU ARE MISREPRESENTING MY POSITION AND YOU KNOW IT.


I didn't "misrepresent" your position. I merely stated my own informed opinion of you.

(If anyone has a complaint about misrepresentation, it should be I about you - since you provide an example of why we should limit genetics data on the Internet.)


supporttheunderdog wrote:There is however no point in arguing with you because you are so irrational when it comes to your own delusions.


Good, then stop trolling me when I post to others.


No, liittle star you misrepresented my position when I suspect in reality you have no informed opinion about me. You may have an opinion but I suspect it is speculative and formed from your own bigotry and as usual YOUR reply is lacking any substance.

Incidentally when you here post to the world at large, not individuals. If you don't want adverse remarks, best not to post at all.

One other point your strange genetic theories do not explain is why despite the fact that our parents speak a particular language (or languages) and can read and write and eg cook or play the piano etc, we cannot naturally do so, but have to learn these skills, when you claimed the ability to perform craft skills was inherited...

likewise when were discussing the relationship between Kibrilisi and Kypreos and their likely common origin and I pointed you in the general direction of work by a number of people who had done comparative genetic analysis and formed the view the two groups were genetically very close, you produced a study which I don't think you understood (or hoped I would not sufficiently understand) which did not deal with the similarities but some rare mutations in three specific identifiable groups of closely connected people from specific geographic locations who in consequence had predilections to particular illnesses. Now apart from the fact that this did not deal with the many similarities (far more than between homo sapiens and dinosaurs and at a far closer level) if and in so far as these mutations were a distinguishing feature not only did these rare mutations distinguish the carriers of them from Kibrilisi but also from the vast majority of the Kypreos. It was however only one mutation. It does however suggest that if genetic information is to be suppressed (and I do not think it should) then you should certainly not be allowed near it?

Do you not like it because it shows how close the Kibrilisi are to the Kypreos - closer than they generally are to either Greeks from modern Greece or Turks from modern Turkey. and that it tends to show that significant descent from Mycenaeans (one of the corner stones of the the "Cyprus is Greek" myth) is unlikely.



(BTW I do wish to disassociate myself from the terms in which GR describes Greeks from what is now Greece since they too can probably mostly claim majority descent from the earliest permanent settlers of that area ) ,
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8190
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: A humble proposal

Postby kurupetos » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:
kurupetos wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:...there are ballots for Turkish Cypriots.

That's unconstitutional. TCs are only allowed to vote for Vice-President. :roll:


...so you are eager to change from a Greek state, to a Cypriot State, where being Greek (at the Federal Level) is of no importance, and that all voters are the same?

What Greek state mate? :? Hellenism is beyond states and constitutions. 8)

All voters are the same, but traitors and communists must be deprived of their rights. Therefore people like Lordo and Eroglu will not be allowed to vote. :wink:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: A humble proposal

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:15 pm

STUD et al. "the world at large"? You wish!

Megalomaniac - stop making a fool of yourself (yourselves :wink: ) with your eugenics. Your racist views on people are anachronistic. Not only are humans more related than you seem to possibly understand, but so are humans to all other creatures on earth both extant and extinct.

And no you did not present any genetics data, on Mycenaeans or others which supported your racist extrapolations. You simply do not understand genetics but grasp at the same rubbish as other anti-Cyprus, isolationist, colonialist propagandists.

(P.S. Stop derailing threads with your trolling!)
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: A humble proposal

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:34 pm

Back to topic:

GreekIslandGirl wrote:If the OP would humble himself to answering a few questions:

DrCyprus wrote:... After all, we've lived together for 10 times the amount of time we've been seperated.


How have we "lived" together?

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Are all cultures equally civilized?

Are all cultures equally democratic?
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: A humble proposal

Postby repulsewarrior » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:51 pm

...i won't speak for DrCyprus, but all i can say is, don't ask me because my village is(was) "mixed".

...my questions are: do cultures change? is democracy culturally specific?

...more importantly, what is Freedom/what is Liberty?
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7609
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: A humble proposal

Postby Sotos » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:08 am

supporttheunderdog wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
supporttheunderdog wrote:YOU ARE MISREPRESENTING MY POSITION AND YOU KNOW IT.


I didn't "misrepresent" your position. I merely stated my own informed opinion of you.

(If anyone has a complaint about misrepresentation, it should be I about you - since you provide an example of why we should limit genetics data on the Internet.)


supporttheunderdog wrote:There is however no point in arguing with you because you are so irrational when it comes to your own delusions.


Good, then stop trolling me when I post to others.


No, liittle star you misrepresented my position when I suspect in reality you have no informed opinion about me. You may have an opinion but I suspect it is speculative and formed from your own bigotry and as usual YOUR reply is lacking any substance.

Incidentally when you here post to the world at large, not individuals. If you don't want adverse remarks, best not to post at all.

One other point your strange genetic theories do not explain is why despite the fact that our parents speak a particular language (or languages) and can read and write and eg cook or play the piano etc, we cannot naturally do so, but have to learn these skills, when you claimed the ability to perform craft skills was inherited...

likewise when were discussing the relationship between Kibrilisi and Kypreos and their likely common origin and I pointed you in the general direction of work by a number of people who had done comparative genetic analysis and formed the view the two groups were genetically very close, you produced a study which I don't think you understood (or hoped I would not sufficiently understand) which did not deal with the similarities but some rare mutations in three specific identifiable groups of closely connected people from specific geographic locations who in consequence had predilections to particular illnesses. Now apart from the fact that this did not deal with the many similarities (far more than between homo sapiens and dinosaurs and at a far closer level) if and in so far as these mutations were a distinguishing feature not only did these rare mutations distinguish the carriers of them from Kibrilisi but also from the vast majority of the Kypreos. It was however only one mutation. It does however suggest that if genetic information is to be suppressed (and I do not think it should) then you should certainly not be allowed near it?

Do you not like it because it shows how close the Kibrilisi are to the Kypreos - closer than they generally are to either Greeks from modern Greece or Turks from modern Turkey. and that it tends to show that significant descent from Mycenaeans (one of the corner stones of the the "Cyprus is Greek" myth) is unlikely.



(BTW I do wish to disassociate myself from the terms in which GR describes Greeks from what is now Greece since they too can probably mostly claim majority descent from the earliest permanent settlers of that area ) ,


Things are simple really. History and Genetics show the same thing: Greek Cypriots are descendants of the Mycenaeans / Achaeans. Other Greeks are a mix of Achaeans, Dorians, Ionians and Aeolians and this is the reason of any gene differences. If Turkish Cypriots are similar genetically to us then before they became Turkish they must have been Greek Cypriots. Any questions?
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10663
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: A humble proposal

Postby repulsewarrior » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:14 am

kurupetos wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:
kurupetos wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:...there are ballots for Turkish Cypriots.

That's unconstitutional. TCs are only allowed to vote for Vice-President. :roll:


...so you are eager to change from a Greek state, to a Cypriot State, where being Greek (at the Federal Level) is of no importance, and that all voters are the same?

What Greek state mate? :? Hellenism is beyond states and constitutions. 8)

All voters are the same, but traitors and communists must be deprived of their rights. Therefore people like Lordo and Eroglu will not be allowed to vote. :wink:


kurupetos, you are saying Turkey is Greek, so too Pakistan, and i agree with you, because of Alexandros and the reach of Constantinople, but can you say, at this moment that Cyprus, and its Republic is a Cypriot State where the population is mostly Greek, as Persons? as it is, without a Greek Constituency, isn't it a Greek state, left impotent by an enemy far more overwhelming because the debate is flawed, revolving around the "issues" between "Greeks" and "Turks".
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7609
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: A humble proposal

Postby SKI-preo » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:18 am

DrCyprus wrote:We live in a country whose two main populations were forcefully segregated, seperated from each other and conditioned to all fear, hate and distrust one another. I wait for the day when the Cypriot children of both Byzantines and Ottomans shake hands and stop living in the past, stop listening to outlanders and outsiders who have their own agendas, who want to deprive us of our true heritage and take our land.

The solution of the Cyprus problem won't come through pure politics. It will never come through a church or a mosque, nor will it ever come from Great Britain, Turkey or Greece. It will come about through us, the people of Cyprus. Don't trap yourself behind the obsolete ideas and identities of the past century. Make yourself be as happy to meet your fellow Cypriot as when you meet a Scott, a German or a Spaniard. After all, we've lived together for 10 times the amount of time we've been seperated.

The time is right for a Cypriot revolution, not a revolution of blood but one of friendship and respect. This generation can make all the difference. If you are a Cypriot born in the north then make at least 3 friends in the south, and if you are a Cypriot from the south then make at least 3 friends in the north. Talk to each other, read about each other, and learn from each other. If your first language is Greek learn a bit of Turkish and if your first language is Turkish learn a bit of Greek. forge your own identity. Burn the Blue and the Red in a big fire and have a purple fenix rise in its stead. Let that be our new flag.

Follow the above, and I assure you that one day the problem of Cyprus will just vanish in thin air, and Cyprus will become a prosperous country once again. We don't need guarantor mommies and daddies, we are grown up people not children.

A Cypriot in self-exile


Doctor stop self medicating. I was born in the North but then Turkey dropped a butt load of Napalm on my village. Thanks
User avatar
SKI-preo
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1355
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:17 am
Location: New Zealand/Australia

Re: A humble proposal

Postby kurupetos » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:58 am

repulsewarrior wrote:
kurupetos wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:
kurupetos wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:...there are ballots for Turkish Cypriots.

That's unconstitutional. TCs are only allowed to vote for Vice-President. :roll:


...so you are eager to change from a Greek state, to a Cypriot State, where being Greek (at the Federal Level) is of no importance, and that all voters are the same?

What Greek state mate? :? Hellenism is beyond states and constitutions. 8)

All voters are the same, but traitors and communists must be deprived of their rights. Therefore people like Lordo and Eroglu will not be allowed to vote. :wink:


kurupetos, you are saying Turkey is Greek, so too Pakistan, and i agree with you, because of Alexandros and the reach of Constantinople, but can you say, at this moment that Cyprus, and its Republic is a Cypriot State where the population is mostly Greek, as Persons? as it is, without a Greek Constituency, isn't it a Greek state, left impotent by an enemy far more overwhelming because the debate is flawed, revolving around the "issues" between "Greeks" and "Turks".

Of course most Cypriots are of Greek background, but this should have nothing to do with the actual function of the RoC.

Foreign interference, although somewhat related, is a different issue. For example ALL foreign military forces and ALL illegal settlers should be removed. :wink:

Additionally a law should be implemented that will prohibit persons of non-Cypriot descent to acquire the Cypriot citizenship. :wink: Persons of non-Cypriot descent who have acquired the Cypriot citizenship should be deprived of the Cypriot citizenship, and also persons of Cypriot descent who have hold more than one citizenship should be forced to keep only one citizenship (Cypriot or other). :wink:

Anyway, in the end of the day all of the above are mere details. What is really needed for Cyprus is the development of WMD to strengthen our position and confront Turkey in the negotation table. :wink:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: A humble proposal

Postby Get Real! » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:07 am

kurupetos wrote:Of course most Cypriots are of Greek background,...

You mean a Greek implanted background as a result of a Cypriot education system hijacking by a foreign country!

And what exactly does this “Greek background” involve?

Does it mean you were conceived through anal sex?

Does it mean you listen to the bouzouki?

Does it mean you like to eat dolmadakia?

Does it mean you’re a follower of Greek soccer?

If all of the above and more… that’s not a background of any kind! :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40444
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem Solution Proposals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests