The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


A humble proposal

Propose and discuss specific solutions to aspects of the Cyprus Problem

Re: A humble proposal

Postby Oceanside50 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:43 am

Get Real! wrote:
kurupetos wrote:Of course most Cypriots are of Greek background,...

You mean a Greek implanted background as a result of a Cypriot education system hijacking by a foreign country!

And what exactly does this “Greek background” involve?

Does it mean you were conceived through anal sex?

Does it mean you listen to the bouzouki?

Does it mean you like to eat dolmadakia?

Does it mean you’re a follower of Greek soccer?

If all of the above and more… that’s not a background of any kind! :lol:

None of the above no soccer no bouzouki etc... What am I?
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2062
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: A humble proposal

Postby Get Real! » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:00 am

Oceanside50 wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
kurupetos wrote:Of course most Cypriots are of Greek background,...

You mean a Greek implanted background as a result of a Cypriot education system hijacking by a foreign country!

And what exactly does this “Greek background” involve?

Does it mean you were conceived through anal sex?

Does it mean you listen to the bouzouki?

Does it mean you like to eat dolmadakia?

Does it mean you’re a follower of Greek soccer?

If all of the above and more… that’s not a background of any kind! :lol:

None of the above no soccer no bouzouki etc... What am I?

A newbie who plays the banjo? :lol:

I don't know mate, I don't know you!
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40449
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: A humble proposal

Postby Piratis » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:32 am

Get Real! wrote:
kurupetos wrote:Of course most Cypriots are of Greek background,...

You mean a Greek implanted background as a result of a Cypriot education system hijacking by a foreign country!

And what exactly does this “Greek background” involve?

Does it mean you were conceived through anal sex?

Does it mean you listen to the bouzouki?

Does it mean you like to eat dolmadakia?

Does it mean you’re a follower of Greek soccer?

If all of the above and more… that’s not a background of any kind! :lol:


"Background" means your ancestors. Your parents, grandparents etc.

Our education system is Greek because we are Greek. We were Greek long before we had any education system, and if Greeks had the power to "hijack" the education systems of foreign countries then the whole world would have been Greeks, not just Cyprus.
User avatar
Piratis
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 12261
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:08 pm

Re: A humble proposal

Postby Piratis » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:24 am

supporttheunderdog, you continue having very racist views. You are trying to use some very obscure theories about genetics to claim that somehow Cypriots can not be Greek, while a lot of your own countrymen differ between them orders of magnitude more in terms of genetics than the minor differences between people of different Greek territories and islands.

Are we to assume that you define your own nation in terms of genetics, in which case anybody obviously different (e.g. blacks) would automatically be excluded, while everybody else would have to pass a DNA test to prove that they can be part of your nation?

Nations have nothing to do with genetics. Nations are about a common identity of people based on things such as common language, culture, religion etc (but not necessarily all of these).

It is the same for your nation as it is for our nation. Genetics have nothing to do with it, and there is no such thing as "pure blood" nation. But if we were to compare the genetic diversity within nations, your nation would have a far more diversity than mine, from prehistoric Britons, to Celts, Romans, French and Germanic tribes, all the way to Africans and Asians.

So go apply your racist theories of exclusion in your own nation, it would be far easier.

In our nation most of us are of the same race and we differ very little, but at the same time we do not exclude anybody based on genes. Anybody who adopts our language, culture and identity and loves our nation is welcomed to join us, to fight together the enemies of our nation who are desperately trying to divide us in their effort to isolate Cyprus from the rest of our nation, making it easier for themselves to continue to occupy parts of our island and exploit us.
User avatar
Piratis
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 12261
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:08 pm

Re: A humble proposal

Postby Oceanside50 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:09 am

Get Real! wrote:
Oceanside50 wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
kurupetos wrote:Of course most Cypriots are of Greek background,...

You mean a Greek implanted background as a result of a Cypriot education system hijacking by a foreign country!

And what exactly does this “Greek background” involve?

Does it mean you were conceived through anal sex?

Does it mean you listen to the bouzouki?

Does it mean you like to eat dolmadakia?

Does it mean you’re a follower of Greek soccer?

If all of the above and more… that’s not a background of any kind! :lol:











Good neutral answer

None of the above no soccer no bouzouki etc... What am I?

A newbie who plays the banjo? :lol:

I don't know mate, I don't know you!
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2062
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: A humble proposal

Postby Oceanside50 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:26 am

good neutral answer
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2062
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: A humble proposal

Postby DrCyprus » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:38 am

I want to see Get Real and GreekIslandgirl stranded in a small islet with only a big book on the history of Cyprus and a promise that they will be rescued only when they finish meticulously reading every chapter.

Both express some really ridiculous ideas.
DrCyprus
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1416
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:51 am

Re: A humble proposal

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:17 pm

Maybe "Get Real!" and "GIG" don't need to learn about Cyprus from "a big book", like you have done. Maybe some of us know Cyprus for real rather than from the Turkish coastline. :wink:
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: A humble proposal

Postby repulsewarrior » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:29 pm

...as i smell and see therefore:

can i be Cypriot if i am not Greek?

even if i am Greek, can't i be a Cypriot?

blahblahblah, Nation; what about the existence of States?
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7609
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: A humble proposal

Postby Get Real! » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:45 pm

DrCyprus wrote:I want to see Get Real and GreekIslandgirl stranded in a small islet with only a big book on the history of Cyprus and a promise that they will be rescued only when they finish meticulously reading every chapter.

Both express some really ridiculous ideas.

My good man, if GIG and I were stranded on an island we wouldn’t be worrying about Cyprus at all… we’d just be having sex all day and eating casabas! :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40449
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem Solution Proposals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests