The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


A humble proposal

Propose and discuss specific solutions to aspects of the Cyprus Problem

Re: A humble proposal

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:36 pm

Oceanside50 wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
DrCyprus wrote:Why should a random Giannis allow themselves to feel satiated and satisfied and proud about the fact that our ancient forefathers achieved something magnificent, when his greatest achievement in life was to buy a better car than his neighbour.


Stop the hate.

Let others be ...


let others be, what?? better people because the take bold steps to embrace change for the better?

...i am not so proud of being Greek because "Greeks" choose to sustain an elite which resists the changes they must make in themselves toward a betterment that is Universal; in my opinion, very unGreek.

...i hope Greeks will realise that a Forum for their Expression exists as a Constituency, that this is the step which seperates, in Cyprus, the State from looking at its Citizens as a vast majority being "Greeks" because their adversary as the debate is now framed are "Turks", focusing instead on Cyprus itself, toward its credibility as a Sovereign Representative without distinction or discrimination. if there was a Greek Constituency, recognition for other Constituencies is possible by Territorial Jurisdictions, with an equal opportunity to sustain their distinctions as people. (surely you'll agree that Greek Cypriots will be held in high esteem for this). Cypriots need to fly their Flag because it identifies a betterment to the Principals, as Human Beings, they live by. Nation/State, Person/Individual, Liberty/Freedom: these are central to a Bicommunal way of life; it is not a "Greek"/"not Greek" issue, and as Cypriots this is the commitment we have taken, to define BBF to the benefit of all Mankind.


This a very easy concept it goes like this:

Gc state= constituent state
Tc state=constituent state
Federal government supersedes both states in certain aspects such as: foreign trade, interstate trade, federal taxes...foreign diplomacy/ foreign ministry

The tc state would consist of cantons throughout cyprus.



...The gc state would consist of cantons throughout cyprus, as well.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7591
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: A humble proposal

Postby kurupetos » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:38 pm

Lordo wrote:who cares what gcs think.

That makes sense. :lol:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17893
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: A humble proposal

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:43 pm

Lordo wrote:who cares what gcs think.


who cares what tcs think; it depends on how they are defined.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7591
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: A humble proposal

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:47 pm

That's still a partitionist solution and the majority of the GC people won't accept it.


...kurupetos, explain, please. why is this a partitionist solution?
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7591
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: A humble proposal

Postby kurupetos » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:17 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:
That's still a partitionist solution and the majority of the GC people won't accept it.


...kurupetos, explain, please. why is this a partitionist solution?

Because the proposed system is not unitary. it's just another version of the 1960 Constitution, or the 2004 AP, or the current status-quo.

Federation is only acceptable if it's not discriminatory based on ethnic background. :wink:

Anyway, I don't really see why we even need to consider a federal system in a tiny country like Cyprus. :?
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17893
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: A humble proposal

Postby Lordo » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:23 pm

kurupetos wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:
That's still a partitionist solution and the majority of the GC people won't accept it.


...kurupetos, explain, please. why is this a partitionist solution?

Because the proposed system is not unitary. it's just another version of the 1960 Constitution, or the 2004 AP, or the current status-quo.

Federation is only acceptable if it's not discriminatory based on ethnic background. :wink:

Anyway, I don't really see why we even need to consider a federal system in a tiny country like Cyprus. :?

really you have no idea why federal solution is required. have you tried talking to some tcs. try looking at how the tcs are treated in the south and perhaps you can begin to understand. but first take off your hellenic glasses and ear muffs you muffin.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: A humble proposal

Postby kurupetos » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:19 pm

Lordo wrote:
kurupetos wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:
That's still a partitionist solution and the majority of the GC people won't accept it.


...kurupetos, explain, please. why is this a partitionist solution?

Because the proposed system is not unitary. it's just another version of the 1960 Constitution, or the 2004 AP, or the current status-quo.

Federation is only acceptable if it's not discriminatory based on ethnic background. :wink:

Anyway, I don't really see why we even need to consider a federal system in a tiny country like Cyprus. :?

really you have no idea why federal solution is required. have you tried talking to some tcs. try looking at how the tcs are treated in the south and perhaps you can begin to understand. but first take off your hellenic glasses and ear muffs you muffin.

:lol: Why are there TCs living in the 'south'? Don't they feel safer living in the 'north'? :? :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17893
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: A humble proposal

Postby supporttheunderdog » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:03 pm

As Cypriots they should be able to live in what ever part of the island they like - as should ALL Cypriots,,,,
TAF, settlers and carpetbaggers go home....
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8157
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: A humble proposal

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:29 pm

supporttheunderdog wrote:As Cypriots they should be able to live in what ever part of the island they like - as should ALL Cypriots,,,,
TAF, settlers and carpetbaggers go home....


...exactly.

...kurupetos does like to be sarcastic, or should i say, caustic, and one hopes for the most part purely in jest.

Federation is only acceptable if it's not discriminatory based on ethnic background


...on this we can all agree, a State, a Cypriot State, although it seems that what is sought by kurupetos is a Greek state where if you are not Greek, you are a minority. in that "Greeks" (and "Turks") have lost the credibility of being identified as Human first in their approach, a Cypriot State which is a Greek state no longer is possible, and thus, only a Greek Constituency can express the views of Greeks, as Persons, while as Individuals we are not Greeks or Turks (or Maronites, Latins, or Armenians, for that matter), we are, as Cypriots, a People without discrimination or distinction.

@kurupetos, you called me a racist in another topic, again, i ask you, why; and more to the point what makes you not a racist?
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7591
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: A humble proposal

Postby kurupetos » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:03 am

supporttheunderdog wrote:As Cypriots they should be able to live in what ever part of the island they like - as should ALL Cypriots,,,,
TAF, settlers and carpetbaggers go home....

I agree, but filthy partitionists like Lordo won't accept a unitary solution. :evil:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17893
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem Solution Proposals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests