The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Zaman's hypocrisy

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Re: Zaman's hypocrisy

Postby Viewpoint » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:27 am

Demonax wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:The truth is both Turkey and Israel are guilty of war crimes and in particular of illegal settlement.
Then we have Cyprus who is the victim of Turkey because of such illegal practices, cooperating with Israel for the hydrocarbons.
Go figure :shock: :roll:


Ah but Pyrpo, you must bear in mind that Turkey and Israel are now sworn enemies. Unless Israel apologises of course, then they will kiss and make up. In the meantime we have deftly stepped in and made friends with the Israelis which has got the Turks really really pissed off. All is fair in love and war they say. And in diplomacy there is only interests. Principles will only get you so far in this little corner of the world...


Thats what they want you to believe and you suckers have fallen for it, you are little fish the big players just jump all over you and you say thank you.
User avatar
Viewpoint
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25211
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Nicosia/Lefkosa

Re: Zaman's hypocrisy

Postby Demonax » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:52 am

Viewpoint wrote:
Demonax wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:The truth is both Turkey and Israel are guilty of war crimes and in particular of illegal settlement.
Then we have Cyprus who is the victim of Turkey because of such illegal practices, cooperating with Israel for the hydrocarbons.
Go figure :shock: :roll:


Ah but Pyrpo, you must bear in mind that Turkey and Israel are now sworn enemies. Unless Israel apologises of course, then they will kiss and make up. In the meantime we have deftly stepped in and made friends with the Israelis which has got the Turks really really pissed off. All is fair in love and war they say. And in diplomacy there is only interests. Principles will only get you so far in this little corner of the world...


Thats what they want you to believe and you suckers have fallen for it, you are little fish the big players just jump all over you and you say thank you.


Cyprus gets a nice cut and the oil companies get theirs. And the TCs get bugger all. :lol:
User avatar
Demonax
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1815
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:05 am

Re: Zaman's hypocrisy

Postby Demonax » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:36 am

bill cobbett wrote:... and how much more hypocritical of Zaman not to mention that Turkey still hasn't signed the Rome Statute to recognise the International Criminal Court in these matters of Illegal Settlements and other war crimes.


Is that not part of its EU accession then? Maybe we should open the law chapter just in case... :D
User avatar
Demonax
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1815
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:05 am

Re: Zaman's hypocrisy

Postby Viewpoint » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:04 am

Demonax wrote:
Viewpoint wrote:
Demonax wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:The truth is both Turkey and Israel are guilty of war crimes and in particular of illegal settlement.
Then we have Cyprus who is the victim of Turkey because of such illegal practices, cooperating with Israel for the hydrocarbons.
Go figure :shock: :roll:


Ah but Pyrpo, you must bear in mind that Turkey and Israel are now sworn enemies. Unless Israel apologises of course, then they will kiss and make up. In the meantime we have deftly stepped in and made friends with the Israelis which has got the Turks really really pissed off. All is fair in love and war they say. And in diplomacy there is only interests. Principles will only get you so far in this little corner of the world...


Thats what they want you to believe and you suckers have fallen for it, you are little fish the big players just jump all over you and you say thank you.


Cyprus gets a nice cut and the oil companies get theirs. And the TCs get bugger all. :lol:


Good luck to you, you need it.
User avatar
Viewpoint
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25211
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Nicosia/Lefkosa

Re: Zaman's hypocrisy

Postby Lordo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:12 pm

Viewpoint wrote:
Demonax wrote:
Viewpoint wrote:
Demonax wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:The truth is both Turkey and Israel are guilty of war crimes and in particular of illegal settlement.
Then we have Cyprus who is the victim of Turkey because of such illegal practices, cooperating with Israel for the hydrocarbons.
Go figure :shock: :roll:


Ah but Pyrpo, you must bear in mind that Turkey and Israel are now sworn enemies. Unless Israel apologises of course, then they will kiss and make up. In the meantime we have deftly stepped in and made friends with the Israelis which has got the Turks really really pissed off. All is fair in love and war they say. And in diplomacy there is only interests. Principles will only get you so far in this little corner of the world...


Thats what they want you to believe and you suckers have fallen for it, you are little fish the big players just jump all over you and you say thank you.


Cyprus gets a nice cut and the oil companies get theirs. And the TCs get bugger all. :lol:


Good luck to you, you need it.

according to one of our trade unionists that came to london the oil companies get the apple and the cypriots will get the stem. enjoy.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Zaman's hypocrisy

Postby Demonax » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:19 pm

Lordo wrote:according to one of our trade unionists that came to london the oil companies get the apple and the cypriots will get the stem. enjoy.


You'd like to believe that. Unfortunately for you, the GCs have negotiated a very good deal on hydrocarbon reserves. You do know that these reserves are potentially massive? The only ones who will get bugger all will be the TCs. :lol:
User avatar
Demonax
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1815
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:05 am

Re: Zaman's hypocrisy

Postby Maximus » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:43 pm

Erdogan has put conditions on cooperating with Israel for hydrocarbons ...... with demands that Israel could never agree to. :D

Erdogan has also put conditions on making progress with Turkeys EU accession, with demands of visa free travel in exchange for the full implementation of the Ankara protocol. :roll: :lol: :lol:

The best Erdogan can do is not destroy the Turkish economy and/or avert dragging turkey and other countries into a regional war.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Zaman's hypocrisy

Postby Viewpoint » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:32 pm

Demonax wrote:
Lordo wrote:according to one of our trade unionists that came to london the oil companies get the apple and the cypriots will get the stem. enjoy.


You'd like to believe that. Unfortunately for you, the GCs have negotiated a very good deal on hydrocarbon reserves. You do know that these reserves are potentially massive? The only ones who will get bugger all will be the TCs. :lol:


As I have said good luck with the way you economy is you will need every penny.
User avatar
Viewpoint
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25211
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Nicosia/Lefkosa

Re: Zaman's hypocrisy

Postby Viewpoint » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:32 pm

Maximus wrote:Erdogan has put conditions on cooperating with Israel for hydrocarbons ...... with demands that Israel could never agree to. :D

Erdogan has also put conditions on making progress with Turkeys EU accession, with demands of visa free travel in exchange for the full implementation of the Ankara protocol. :roll: :lol: :lol:

The best Erdogan can do is not destroy the Turkish economy and/or avert dragging turkey and other countries into a regional war.


Link?
User avatar
Viewpoint
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25211
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Nicosia/Lefkosa

Re: Zaman's hypocrisy

Postby Maximus » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:36 pm

what would you like a link to VP?
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests