The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Egypt cancels maritime border with Cyprus

Benefits and problems from the EU membership.

Re: Egypt cancels maritime border with Cyprus

Postby kurupetos » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:55 am

Cap wrote:^^

What did I say about BillC being balanced?
Case in point

Yes, it took him some time, but eventually he got it. :lol:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Egypt cancels maritime border with Cyprus

Postby Demonax » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:19 am

bill cobbett wrote:Boys and girls...

IT'S A NON-STORY.



Indeed. Our TC compatriots should be pleased that Cyprus's EEZ is legally recognised. After all, in the event of a Turkish withdrawal from the occupied areas, their subsequent liberation will allow them a share of the island's resources.
User avatar
Demonax
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1815
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:05 am

Re: Egypt cancels maritime border with Cyprus

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:58 am

...Turkey is once again revealed, pining for the spotlight. it is disturbing indeed how far she thinks, her, Continental shelf goes, first Lebanon, now Egypt.

the "Brotherhood" and mosque building how widely spread...

...news for internal consumption last night, International news with the sunshine, a ping from Greek papers serving its purpose, more news for internal consumption.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7607
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Egypt cancels maritime border with Cyprus

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:26 am

bill cobbett wrote:The new CY Foreign Minister Mr Cassoulides met with the Egyptian Ambassador to CY only yesterday (the Ambassador who roughed up a CY policeman at LCA a few weeks ago) and there was not even a hint of a change in Egyptian policy. The issue wasn't even raised.


It was a Cypriot policewoman that was physically attacked!
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Egypt cancels maritime border with Cyprus

Postby Viewpoint » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:34 am

Demonax wrote:
bill cobbett wrote:Boys and girls...

IT'S A NON-STORY.



Indeed. Our TC compatriots should be pleased that Cyprus's EEZ is legally recognised. After all, in the event of a Turkish withdrawal from the occupied areas, their subsequent liberation will allow them a share of the island's resources.


and debt.
User avatar
Viewpoint
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25211
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Nicosia/Lefkosa

Re: Egypt cancels maritime border with Cyprus

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:44 am

Viewpoint wrote:
Demonax wrote:
bill cobbett wrote:Boys and girls...

IT'S A NON-STORY.



Indeed. Our TC compatriots should be pleased that Cyprus's EEZ is legally recognised. After all, in the event of a Turkish withdrawal from the occupied areas, their subsequent liberation will allow them a share of the island's resources.


and debt.


There is no "debt", VP. this is just the EU's way of getting a share of some state's assets and tying us to them, forever. It's how the USA became so united. Co-dependence.

But don't worry - the EU accession left it pretty much "to be decided" as to whether the TCs can automatically join the EU or whether they should be repatriated with the settlers. You see, no one of any importance wants to have "Turkish" as part of the European languages ...

You can of course learn Greek! :D
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Egypt cancels maritime border with Cyprus

Postby Viewpoint » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:24 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Viewpoint wrote:
Demonax wrote:
bill cobbett wrote:Boys and girls...

IT'S A NON-STORY.



Indeed. Our TC compatriots should be pleased that Cyprus's EEZ is legally recognised. After all, in the event of a Turkish withdrawal from the occupied areas, their subsequent liberation will allow them a share of the island's resources.


and debt.


There is no "debt", VP. this is just the EU's way of getting a share of some state's assets and tying us to them, forever. It's how the USA became so united. Co-dependence.

But don't worry - the EU accession left it pretty much "to be decided" as to whether the TCs can automatically join the EU or whether they should be repatriated with the settlers. You see, no one of any importance wants to have "Turkish" as part of the European languages ...

You can of course learn Greek! :D


You are already 15 billion Euro in debt and are still waiting for handouts from the EU, so if we unite any benefits will of course bring with it national debt.

Id would learn Greek but only if we should accidently happen to unite otherwise its not necessary.
User avatar
Viewpoint
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25211
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Nicosia/Lefkosa

Re: Egypt cancels maritime border with Cyprus

Postby bill cobbett » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:35 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
bill cobbett wrote:The new CY Foreign Minister Mr Cassoulides met with the Egyptian Ambassador to CY only yesterday (the Ambassador who roughed up a CY policeman at LCA a few weeks ago) and there was not even a hint of a change in Egyptian policy. The issue wasn't even raised.


It was a Cypriot policewoman that was physically attacked!


Oh... apolowogies, correction please. It was a police-person that got hand-bagged... :P
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Re: Egypt cancels maritime border with Cyprus

Postby kurupetos » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:00 am

bill cobbett wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
bill cobbett wrote:The new CY Foreign Minister Mr Cassoulides met with the Egyptian Ambassador to CY only yesterday (the Ambassador who roughed up a CY policeman at LCA a few weeks ago) and there was not even a hint of a change in Egyptian policy. The issue wasn't even raised.


It was a Cypriot policewoman that was physically attacked!


Oh... apolowogies, correction please. It was a police-person that got hand-bagged... :P

A goblin is not a person. :mrgreen:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Egypt cancels maritime border with Cyprus

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:37 am

Viewpoint wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:You can of course learn Greek! :D


Id would learn Greek but only if we should accidently happen to unite otherwise its not necessary.


VP, sincerely, I am deeply impressed.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus and the European Union

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests