The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


British propaganda

We all need a good laugh.

Re: British propaganda

Postby cyprusgrump » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:25 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
cyprusgrump wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:Meanwhile, UKIP, EDL and BNP are going from strength to strength with the help of British propaganda (world's No.1), re-inventing themselves as "anti-immigration", "anti-terrorist" and "neo-nationalist" patriots (rather than admit they are the blueprint for any racist neo-nazis groups starting up in other parts of Europe).


You'd have to be completely ignorant of British politics to label UKIP a racist neo-nazi group... :roll:


Fine, I'm not the one who throws such labels around. But, UKIP are far more to the right than GD, for example, as UKIP want nothing to do with other countries whereas GD at least are supporters of EU co-operation with other states.

But, between UKIP, EDL and BNP (as well as some wings of the Conservatives) - that's a hell of a lot of anti-foreign feeling.


You should read up on stuff before you post (like the UKIP manifesto for instance), you wouldn't come across as being so totally clueless... :wink:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: British propaganda

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:13 pm

cyprusgrump wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
cyprusgrump wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:Meanwhile, UKIP, EDL and BNP are going from strength to strength with the help of British propaganda (world's No.1), re-inventing themselves as "anti-immigration", "anti-terrorist" and "neo-nationalist" patriots (rather than admit they are the blueprint for any racist neo-nazis groups starting up in other parts of Europe).


You'd have to be completely ignorant of British politics to label UKIP a racist neo-nazi group... :roll:


Fine, I'm not the one who throws such labels around. But, UKIP are far more to the right than GD, for example, as UKIP want nothing to do with other countries whereas GD at least are supporters of EU co-operation with other states.

But, between UKIP, EDL and BNP (as well as some wings of the Conservatives) - that's a hell of a lot of anti-foreign feeling.


You should read up on stuff before you post (like the UKIP manifesto for instance), you wouldn't come across as being so totally clueless... :wink:


Yeah - perhaps you should; if you believed any British party sticks to its manifesto! :lol:

But here's the UKIP's manifesto on the point I made:

withdrawal from the European Union (EU)
political superstate is central to UKIP’s message
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: British propaganda

Postby cyprusgrump » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:35 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
cyprusgrump wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
cyprusgrump wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:Meanwhile, UKIP, EDL and BNP are going from strength to strength with the help of British propaganda (world's No.1), re-inventing themselves as "anti-immigration", "anti-terrorist" and "neo-nationalist" patriots (rather than admit they are the blueprint for any racist neo-nazis groups starting up in other parts of Europe).


You'd have to be completely ignorant of British politics to label UKIP a racist neo-nazi group... :roll:


Fine, I'm not the one who throws such labels around. But, UKIP are far more to the right than GD, for example, as UKIP want nothing to do with other countries whereas GD at least are supporters of EU co-operation with other states.

But, between UKIP, EDL and BNP (as well as some wings of the Conservatives) - that's a hell of a lot of anti-foreign feeling.


You should read up on stuff before you post (like the UKIP manifesto for instance), you wouldn't come across as being so totally clueless... :wink:


Yeah - perhaps you should; if you believed any British party sticks to its manifesto! :lol:

But here's the UKIP's manifesto on the point I made:

withdrawal from the European Union (EU)
political superstate is central to UKIP’s message


Oh yes, how ghastly UKIP's ideas must be to somebody that craves ever more integration and control by the EU superstate! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So your informed political position is that anybody that supports withdrawal from the EU is a racist neo-nazi? Image

You couldn't make it up.... :roll:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: British propaganda

Postby kurupetos » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:06 pm

This is for BillC and other alike hypocrites... (w/ EN subs)

User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: British propaganda

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:23 pm

cyprusgrump wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
cyprusgrump wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Fine, I'm not the one who throws such labels around. But, UKIP are far more to the right than GD, for example, as UKIP want nothing to do with other countries whereas GD at least are supporters of EU co-operation with other states.

But, between UKIP, EDL and BNP (as well as some wings of the Conservatives) - that's a hell of a lot of anti-foreign feeling.


You should read up on stuff before you post (like the UKIP manifesto for instance), you wouldn't come across as being so totally clueless... :wink:


Yeah - perhaps you should; if you believed any British party sticks to its manifesto! :lol:

But here's the UKIP's manifesto on the point I made:

withdrawal from the European Union (EU)
political superstate is central to UKIP’s message


Oh yes, how ghastly UKIP's ideas must be to somebody that craves ever more integration and control by the EU superstate! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So your informed political position is that anybody that supports withdrawal from the EU is a racist neo-nazi? Image

You couldn't make it up.... :roll:


Well, that's the epithet being branded around for groups that are even more integrative than UKIP manifests to be - so why should UKIP be exempt from the same charges when it is so anti-foreign?

Oh - btw - congratulations for colonizing yet more faraway islands with Brits and then asking them to vote if they want to remain Brits.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: British propaganda

Postby supporttheunderdog » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:39 pm

But UKOP is not anti Foerign

UKIP belives in relationships with the commonwealth

http://www.ukip.org/content/latest-news/2975-why-the-commonwealth-matters-more-now-than-ever

see also

UKIP is NOT anti-European!

We're not anti-European! We love Europe! Europe is a rich tapestry of cultures, history and languages. It has always resisted bureaucratic uniformity, long may it continue; vive la difference! We respect the rights of sovereign states and their peoples to democratically determine their own futures, to live in peace and harmony whilst trading with each other. We're already working with other democratic, freedom loving organisations, like ours, across Europe.


What UKIP is opposed to is the centralised power of the EU as a political entity

http://ukip.org/page/the-truth-about-the-eu

Here is their immigration policy

Freeze permanent immigration for 5 years. Immigrants must be fluent in English, have minimum education levels and show they can financially support themselves.

• Bring in a points based visa system and time limited work permits.


not NO ban on immigration - only a restriction on permanent immigration (which is already something Cyprus has in part with limited period work permits for domestic workers from Asia).
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8180
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: British propaganda

Postby cyprusgrump » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:10 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Well, that's the epithet being branded around for groups that are even more integrative than UKIP manifests to be - so why should UKIP be exempt from the same charges when it is so anti-foreign?

Oh - btw - congratulations for colonizing yet more faraway islands with Brits and then asking them to vote if they want to remain Brits.


To be honest, I'm not quite sure if you are clueless about UKIP (if so read STUD's post) or clueless of the meaning of the words 'racist' and 'Nazi'....?
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: British propaganda

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:52 pm

STUD hasn't said anything contrary to what I have posted from their manifesto. It is indeed the two of you who are rushing to absolve UKIP with the same rhetoric that could be applied to Golden Dawn.

But you are too hypocritical to admit the similarities between GD and UKIP and also see how far more right-wing UKIP are (along with their sidekicks, EDL, BNP and Conservative factions).

But that's your hurly-burly.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: British propaganda

Postby cyprusgrump » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:11 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:STUD hasn't said anything contrary to what I have posted from their manifesto. It is indeed the two of you who are rushing to absolve UKIP with the same rhetoric that could be applied to Golden Dawn.

But you are too hypocritical to admit the similarities between GD and UKIP and also see how far more right-wing UKIP are (along with their sidekicks, EDL, BNP and Conservative factions).

But that's your hurly-burly.


No, that is just your ignorance dear! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You should go read their manifesto, see the colour of some of their members and candidates... actually listen to what they have to say... :wink:

You won't of course, you are blinded by your own bigoted views.... :roll:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: British propaganda

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:04 pm

cyprusgrump wrote:
You should go read their manifesto, see the colour of some of their members and candidates...


Nonetheless, it is interesting to note that whereas
a clear and overwhelming majority of both BNP and UKIP
supporters said there were many or some people from minority
ethnic groups in their local neighbourhood, very few of these
supporters claimed to have many friends from minority
backgrounds
.
Channel4
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

PreviousNext

Return to Jokes and Enigmas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests