The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Your banks are toast

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: Your banks are toast

Postby CBBB » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:02 pm

kurupetos wrote:
apc2010 wrote:
CBBB wrote:
apc2010 wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:...in any case, it would seem to me a good idea to open a new bank account.


I believe you cannot open a new account til next week........


I opened a new bank account today in Hellenic, only way to deposit my pay check, and I will still have to wait till next Thursday to get any dosh out!


Cheers .......same problem .......

Rumours say, Hellenic Bank is due to go bankrupt by the end of the year.


The Archbishop would never allow that!
User avatar
CBBB
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11442
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Centre of the Universe

Re: Your banks are toast

Postby kurupetos » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:16 pm

CBBB wrote:
kurupetos wrote:Rumours say, Hellenic Bank is due to go bankrupt by the end of the year.


The Archbishop would never allow that!

How come the CY Church lost 100mE then? :? http://www.cyprus-mail.com/archbishop-chrysostomos/church-says-it-will-lose-100m/20130326
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17939
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Your banks are toast

Postby CBBB » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:19 am

kurupetos wrote:
CBBB wrote:
kurupetos wrote:Rumours say, Hellenic Bank is due to go bankrupt by the end of the year.


The Archbishop would never allow that!

How come the CY Church lost 100mE then? :? http://www.cyprus-mail.com/archbishop-chrysostomos/church-says-it-will-lose-100m/20130326


That is just part of the taxes they should have paid over the years, so he thinks he got a good deal.
User avatar
CBBB
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11442
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Centre of the Universe

Re: Your banks are toast

Postby unknow » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:59 am

The joke of course

http://youtu.be/xmovqbuf3TY
unknow
Trial Member
Trial Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:55 am

Re: Your banks are toast

Postby kurupetos » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:06 pm

CBBB wrote:
kurupetos wrote:
CBBB wrote:
kurupetos wrote:Rumours say, Hellenic Bank is due to go bankrupt by the end of the year.


The Archbishop would never allow that!

How come the CY Church lost 100mE then? :? http://www.cyprus-mail.com/archbishop-chrysostomos/church-says-it-will-lose-100m/20130326


That is just part of the taxes they should have paid over the years, so he thinks he got a good deal.

:lol:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17939
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Your banks are toast

Postby lesley gray » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:32 pm

I have re-routed my pention payments to a UK bank account that I have had since a girl.
I am lucky to have sons with bank accounts so I can give them money to send to me via money gram. this service is run by post offices.
may be we should be looking to GLO and phone deposits and payments. Cutting out Banks altogether.
lesley gray
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:12 pm

Re: Your banks are toast

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:33 pm

Cyprus to start prosecutions for economic meltdown - legal chief

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2014/02 ... secutions/


...for the record.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7611
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Your banks are toast

Postby Cap » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:16 am

repulsewarrior wrote:
Cyprus to start prosecutions for economic meltdown - legal chief

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2014/02 ... secutions/


...for the record.


Amen.
Let justice prevail.

One year ago almost to the day.
We had a whole host of foreign 'intellectuals' joining the forum and spewing their 1 cent worth of wisdom.
Where are they now?
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6821
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: Your banks are toast

Postby Get Real! » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:54 am

Cap wrote:We had a whole host of foreign 'intellectuals' joining the forum and spewing their 1 cent worth of wisdom.
Where are they now?

Where’s that Icelandic jerk that created an account on the CF just to start this thread and say “Your banks are toast”? What a fucking loser… :lol:

Come to think of it… maybe it’s a Turk because they always pretend to be someone else and try to be clever! :roll:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40512
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Your banks are toast

Postby Mustiejodu » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:11 am

Hush your beak. Turk lover.
Mustiejodu
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:02 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest