The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Cheap Hotel Rooms in Dubai

Sell and buy used things, look for a job etc.

Moderator: Piratis

Postby devil » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:56 pm

ProudToBeGreek wrote:My point is that the quran encourages such things, while Jesus Christ's message was one of peace and forgiveness.


Before pronouncing on things about which you clearly know nothing, I suggest you do a little reading, starting with the Qur'an.

In many ways, Christianity and Islam have followed parallel paths; both have distorted the Word of God, as revealed to Jesus and Muhammed, to the ends of the establishment. Both have killed millions in attempts to further their "true" faith, thereby denying the words of their very founders. Both have amassed great riches, while denying the poor the means of life. Both preach peace and forgiveness while declaring war and hatred. Both follow the worst of human feelings, rather than the word of their founders. Both have followers who interpret their scriptures in a way to suit their own agenda. Both lack humility.

Why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
St Matthew ch. 7, v. 3
devil
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1536
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:33 pm

Postby dms007 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:17 pm

devil wrote:
ProudToBeGreek wrote:......blah blah blah blah......
Both have killed millions in attempts to further their "true" faith, thereby denying the words of their very founders. ......blah blah blah blah......
Why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?St Matthew ch. 7, v. 3



As you say, Jesus taught his followers to forgive...
Mohammed taught his followers to lie in wait for the "INFIDELS" and strike terror deep in their hearts.....

Considering the fact that the people of the later times killed, the christians did it because they were foolish.
the muslims did it and still do it because they have been taught to do it. It is their faith to kill and destroy.

I will not agree with you that they all have the same GOD.
Judaism and Christianity, yes the same GOD but not Islam.

I suggest you read the origins of Islam before you make any comparisons.

Islam was very much influenced by the Judaism and early Christianity, thats where some of the teachings of Islam were stolen from.
dms007
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:21 am
Location: limassol

Postby dms007 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:19 pm

devil wrote:
ProudToBeGreek wrote:......blah blah blah blah......
Both have killed millions in attempts to further their "true" faith, thereby denying the words of their very founders. ......blah blah blah blah......
Why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?St Matthew ch. 7, v. 3



As you say, Jesus taught his followers to forgive...
Mohammed taught his followers to lie in wait for the "INFIDELS" and strike terror deep in their hearts.....

Considering the fact that the people of the later times killed, the christians did it because they were foolish.
the muslims did it and still do it because they have been taught to do it. It is their faith to kill and destroy.

I will not agree with you that they all have the same GOD.
Judaism and Christianity, yes the same GOD but not Islam.

I suggest you read the origins of Islam before you make any comparisons.

Islam was very much influenced by the Judaism and early Christianity, thats where some of the teachings of Islam were stolen from.
dms007
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:21 am
Location: limassol

Postby devil » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:07 pm

dms007 wrote:As you say, Jesus taught his followers to forgive...
Mohammed taught his followers to lie in wait for the "INFIDELS" and strike terror deep in their hearts.....


He also wrote that Jews and Christians were not infidels, as they, too, worshipped Allah. The word 'Allah' is simply 'God' in Arabic (actually the transliteration is al Lah, the God), just as much as Θεός in Greek, Dieu in French and Gott in German.
devil
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1536
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:33 pm

Postby siam » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:02 pm

So no none wants to go to Dubai then :)
Last edited by siam on Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
siam
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:41 am

Postby Sotos » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:13 pm

I want. They sell cheap electronics there!! :D
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10642
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Postby dms007 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:58 pm

Well you call say GOD in whatever name you want to say, but my point is the GOD of the Jews and Christians is not the same GOD as the Muslims.
As far as Christianity and Judaism goes, GOD goes by the law, not so for the GOD of Islam, where the law can be bent to suit the situation.
Allah may be GOD in Arabic, but the question is who do they address when they call GOD?
dms007
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:21 am
Location: limassol

Postby siam » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:03 pm

I think most muslims respect the basic principles that the everyone else does, just because a few misguided morons use the qoran, allah etc to justisfy their actions does not make all Arabs or muslims or the Islamic religion party to those crimes. The kind of behaviour you are showing just helps the bad-uns justify their actions
User avatar
siam
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:41 am

Postby dms007 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:26 pm

bad tree bears bad fruit
dms007
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:21 am
Location: limassol

Postby Sotos » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:33 am

siam, are you from Dubai or Cyprus?
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10642
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

PreviousNext

Return to Classifieds

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest