The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


...if i was President

Propose and discuss specific solutions to aspects of the Cyprus Problem

...if i was President

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:12 pm

...if i was President:

i would call for a Cypriot National Anthem.

i would call for a New Flag, to represent Greek Cypriots as a Constituency.

i would continue placing the Cypriot Flag above all others.

i would call for New Flags representing Maronites, Armenians, and Latins, (and why not a British Constituency) as well.

i would call for the founding of such representation, and that they join with the Turkish Constituency, in what are internal debates as Cypriots.

i would seek to define the notions of State and Nation in a manner where United we secure our betterment through Universal Principals, as Individuals without distinction or discrimination.

i would seek to define the notions of State and Nation in a manner where as Persons we can sustain this Identity in Goodwill and as equals to other Persons.

i would call on Cypriots to remember things go round and round, and it is a good time to refine ourselves with new thinking, having to rebuild.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7609
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: ...if i was President

Postby Get Real! » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:19 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:...if i was President:

i would call for a New Flag, to represent Greek Cypriots as a Constituency.

Thank God you're not and hopefully never will be.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40444
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: ...if i was President

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:41 pm

...dude, you can't ban the Greek flag, you can't ban the Turkish flag, or the flag representing, the "north", but they can be given a meaning and a context quite clear to all Cypriots if Greeks made clear their commitment to a Cypriot ideal, where as Greeks (being the vast majority of the island) they can sustain this distinction, and as a Majority have choices closer to their tax dollars with respect, like other Constituencies yes, but as Individuals, as well.

...what are you looking for, a Greek state, as it is?

(what would you do as President)
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7609
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: ...if i was President

Postby Get Real! » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:25 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:...dude, you can't ban the Greek flag, you can't ban the Turkish flag, or the flag representing, the "north", but they can be given a meaning and a context quite clear to all Cypriots if Greeks made clear their commitment to a Cypriot ideal, where as Greeks (being the vast majority of the island) they can sustain this distinction, and as a Majority have choices closer to their tax dollars with respect, like other Constituencies yes, but as Individuals, as well.

...what are you looking for, a Greek state, as it is?

:? Dude, forget your 1950s talk because the Cyprus of 2013 is nothing like you left behind ages ago. You wouldn’t recognize Cyprus now.

There are probably more Cypriot variants now such as…

Cypriot-Romanians, Cypriot-Bulgarians, Cypriot-Serbs, Cypriot-Russians, Cypriot-Brits, Cypriot-Philippinos, etc

...than the ones you lump together as “Greeks” so forget it. Your theories are now INCOMPATIBLE with the current demographics of Cyprus.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40444
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: ...if i was President

Postby Get Real! » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:18 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:(what would you do as President)

I would keep people like you from reentering Cyprus unless they agree to undergo a government funded two-day repatriation program called… “Familiarizing myself with contemporary Cyprus”
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40444
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: ...if i was President

Postby Cap » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:21 pm

:lol:

A bit harsh on Repulse there dude.
Canadians are just too gawd damn friendly.
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6812
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: ...if i was President

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:10 pm

...mother tongue is everything. and in Cyprus are you telling me that this mother tongue is Greek, only?

dude, Romanians, etc. are livng proof that Greek is one of the tongues spoken in Cyprus, do you deny that Turkish is spoken too, or English for that matter?

...and what is wrong with pluralism, are you Greek?

...and what about Turkish Cypriots, are they Cypriot-Turks, or Turkish-Greeks?

where is the Greek Constituency, or somehow, because you are "Greek", there is no need to be identified as a Cypriot-Greek.

Principal is not rubbish (Lest We Forget), just because they came from an era that passed.

...@ Cap, Cypriots are just as friendly, and unless they are other than friendly, whether Greek, Turkish, Filipino, Bicommunal too.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7609
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: ...if i was President

Postby Get Real! » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:24 pm

Cap wrote::lol:

A bit harsh on Repulse there dude.
Canadians are just too gawd damn friendly.

Sure, but many Canadians are also crackheads so one can’t be too careful with them.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40444
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: ...if i was President

Postby Get Real! » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:25 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:...mother tongue is everything. and in Cyprus are you telling me that this mother tongue is Greek, only?

dude, Romanians, etc. are livng proof that Greek is one of the tongues spoken in Cyprus, do you deny that Turkish is spoken too, or English for that matter?

...and what is wrong with pluralism, are you Greek?

...and what about Turkish Cypriots, are they Cypriot-Turks, or Turkish-Greeks?

where is the Greek Constituency, or somehow, because you are "Greek", there is no need to be identified as a Cypriot-Greek.

Principal is not rubbish (Lest We Forget), just because they came from an era that passed.

...@ Cap, Cypriots are just as friendly, and unless they are other than friendly, whether Greek, Turkish, Filipino, Bicommunal too.

:? See what I mean Cap?
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40444
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: ...if i was President

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:46 pm

...that's right, what do i know, i come from a "mixed" village.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7609
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Next

Return to Cyprus Problem Solution Proposals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests