The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


german banking bail-out?

Benefits and problems from the EU membership.

Re: german banking bail-out?

Postby bill cobbett » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:27 pm

CY is a "special case"...!!!

Well, it's something we hear every day from Draghi of the ECB... CY is a "special case"

The ECB was established by a Council Regulation amongst whose terms is the requirement to treat all members of the Eurozone as equals, whether they be big or small. The equal treatment requirement together with the words big or small appear on the ECB web-site.

So isn't this oft repeated claim that CY is a "special case" a daily admission, in a very clearcut case, by the ECB that it has acted against its legal duty, that it has acted illegally by treating CY differently from the other members of the Eurozone.

... and where an institution of the Union has so flagrantly acted outside its remit, it must be brought to account.
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Re: german banking bail-out?

Postby B25 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:40 pm

Quite Bill, but we don't have any competent organ within the RoC government to deal with this. Seems they (RoC) are happy to go along with this haircut, to write off their own f ups and not to mention loans to family and friends.

So why aren't we screaming at the EU, ECJ, ECHR or any other body to listen?

This is my burning question.
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6078
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: german banking bail-out?

Postby Cap » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:19 pm

Hang on a minute....
I'm having a deja vu moment. Something along the lines of.....

Your banks are toast.
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6812
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: german banking bail-out?

Postby Cap » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:29 pm

Paphitis wrote:I have a theory that all Germans are just lazy good for nothing so and sos and have no one else to blame but themselves.

Maybe Merkel should introduce a Cyprus style levy to all accounts above 100,000. :D

Should work a treat!


Image
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6812
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: german banking bail-out?

Postby repulsewarrior » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:26 pm

Maximus wrote:
Paphitis wrote:I have a theory that all Germans are just lazy good for nothing so and sos and have no one else to blame but themselves.

Maybe Merkel should introduce a Cyprus style levy to all accounts above 100,000. :D

Should work a treat!


They should also stop laundering money and reduce the size of their banking sector.


...better still, the should stop being the ones who corrupt and bribe, as well as stop laundering, and stop laundering their own money.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7609
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: german banking bail-out?

Postby bill cobbett » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:56 pm

B25 wrote:Quite Bill, but we don't have any competent organ within the RoC government to deal with this. Seems they (RoC) are happy to go along with this haircut, to write off their own f ups and not to mention loans to family and friends.

So why aren't we screaming at the EU, ECJ, ECHR or any other body to listen?

This is my burning question.


Yes, quite right file...and we should expect the Gov of the Republic to do what it does best, which is to do bugger all.

So a referral to the ECJ on the mess can then only come from one of the bigger private depositors who have lost out in such mega ways.

Practically every day for weeks the CY negotiations were described as a mess on the part of the EU and ECB... so described by dozens of commentators in dozens of articles... and where there are messes there are potentially lucrative returns for an island packed with lawyers... :D
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Re: german banking bail-out?

Postby bill cobbett » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:22 pm

This Draghi of the ECB is squirming boys and girls...

He has realised the illegality of the first proposals and is trying now to spin things to distance that first plan from the ECB. This was the first plan to hit insured depositors of less than 100,000E.

Here is what the BBC reports he is now saying...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22024610

...The initial plan to make small savers pay for the Cyprus bailout was "not smart", the European Central Bank (ECB) president has said.

ECB president Mario Draghi said a proposal to make "insured depositors" pay did not come from the ECB, the European Commission or the IMF.

He said the proposal only arose in talks with the Cypriot authorities, and was "swiftly corrected"...


Swiftly corrected by the CY Parliament, Mr Draghi, it was CY MPs who threw out a plan that had the ECB's name on it.

It deffo wasn't smart for the ECB to have any hand in that plan Mr Draghi... as you'll hopefully find out.
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Re: german banking bail-out?

Postby cyprusgrump » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:24 pm

bill cobbett wrote:This Draghi of the ECB is squirming boys and girls...

He has realised the illegality of the first proposals and is trying now to spin things to distance that first plan from the ECB. This was the first plan to hit insured depositors of less than 100,000E.

Here is what the BBC reports he is now saying...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22024610

...The initial plan to make small savers pay for the Cyprus bailout was "not smart", the European Central Bank (ECB) president has said.

ECB president Mario Draghi said a proposal to make "insured depositors" pay did not come from the ECB, the European Commission or the IMF.

He said the proposal only arose in talks with the Cypriot authorities, and was "swiftly corrected"...


Swiftly corrected by the CY Parliament, Mr Draghi, it was CY MPs who threw out a plan that had the ECB's name on it.

It deffo wasn't smart for the ECB to have any hand in that plan Mr Draghi... as you'll hopefully find out.


Hang him! :twisted:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: german banking bail-out?

Postby bill cobbett » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:28 pm

cyprusgrump wrote:
bill cobbett wrote:This Draghi of the ECB is squirming boys and girls...

He has realised the illegality of the first proposals and is trying now to spin things to distance that first plan from the ECB. This was the first plan to hit insured depositors of less than 100,000E.

Here is what the BBC reports he is now saying...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22024610

...The initial plan to make small savers pay for the Cyprus bailout was "not smart", the European Central Bank (ECB) president has said.

ECB president Mario Draghi said a proposal to make "insured depositors" pay did not come from the ECB, the European Commission or the IMF.

He said the proposal only arose in talks with the Cypriot authorities, and was "swiftly corrected"...


Swiftly corrected by the CY Parliament, Mr Draghi, it was CY MPs who threw out a plan that had the ECB's name on it.

It deffo wasn't smart for the ECB to have any hand in that plan Mr Draghi... as you'll hopefully find out.


Hang him! :twisted:


... from his goolies... after he's made over billions to CY for destroying the CY Banking industry.
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Re: german banking bail-out?

Postby repulsewarrior » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:51 pm

Draghi, too "big" to fail; that's why he hasn't resigned yet.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7609
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus and the European Union

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests