The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


To all the the GC/TC...Equality doesnt equal Justice

Benefits and problems from the EU membership.

Re: To all the the GC/TC...Equality doesnt equal Justice

Postby Oceanside50 » Mon May 13, 2013 11:58 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Oceanside50 wrote:Why can't it be learned the same way you learned?

Can you teach a grown man to love someone else’ mother and accept her as his own?

You can’t. His heart is already preoccupied with another woman… his real mother.


What if I told you that I know for a fact that your real parents are Eskimo, are you now Eskimo? Rather then Cypriot
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: To all the the GC/TC...Equality doesnt equal Justice

Postby Get Real! » Tue May 14, 2013 1:10 am

Oceanside50 wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Oceanside50 wrote:Why can't it be learned the same way you learned?

Can you teach a grown man to love someone else’ mother and accept her as his own?

You can’t. His heart is already preoccupied with another woman… his real mother.


What if I told you that I know for a fact that your real parents are Eskimo, are you now Eskimo? Rather then Cypriot

Rather than playing with riddles how about you tell us how you would go about Cypriotising them… and I don’t mean buying them off with money!

How do you make them PATRIOTIC enough that they will stand beside you and fight against a future Turkish invasion just as I’m prepared to fight against a future Greek invasion.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40426
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: To all the the GC/TC...Equality doesnt equal Justice

Postby Get Real! » Tue May 14, 2013 1:12 am

Maximus wrote:
Get Real! wrote:At the end of the day we were invaded by a neighboring country many years ago who left behind some of its people.

But these people who got left behind have never accepted the indigenous people and do not want to live with them (for whatever reasons), so they are trying to reinvent this country and are even asking for our help to help them accomplish that!

And of course our natural instinct is to not want to help them but get rid of them!

So there you go… the CyProb wrapped up in a few lines.


I would agree with this but this is not true for all TC's.

The RoC should be giving them the boot, but accept as equal Cypriots, those few who may want to stay and reciprocate. They would be better off in Turkey anyway, they are in pseudo Turkey now.

The few exceptions are not enough unfortunately. We need a MAJOR consensus that believe in the RoC if we’re to take any risks of that magnitude, and I don’t see it.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40426
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: To all the the GC/TC...Equality doesnt equal Justice

Postby Oceanside50 » Tue May 14, 2013 1:38 am

Get Real! wrote:
Oceanside50 wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Oceanside50 wrote:Why can't it be learned the same way you learned?

Can you teach a grown man to love someone else’ mother and accept her as his own?

You can’t. His heart is already preoccupied with another woman… his real mother.


What if I told you that I know for a fact that your real parents are Eskimo, are you now Eskimo? Rather then Cypriot

Rather than playing with riddles how about you tell us how you would go about Cypriotising them… and I don’t mean buying them off with money!

How do you make them PATRIOTIC enough that they will stand beside you and fight against a future Turkish invasion just as I’m prepared to fight against a future Greek invasion.


Werent these same people you're condemning, living in mixed villages throughout Cyprus pre the 74 invasion and if they were, what makes them so different today then what they were 40 years ago..or 50 years ago...or 100 years ago etc....
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: To all the the GC/TC...Equality doesnt equal Justice

Postby Oceanside50 » Tue May 14, 2013 1:50 am

Oceanside50 wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Oceanside50 wrote:Why can't it be learned the same way you learned?

Can you teach a grown man to love someone else’ mother and accept her as his own?

You can’t. His heart is already preoccupied with another woman… his real mother.


What if I told you that I know for a fact that your real parents are Eskimo, are you now Eskimo? Rather then Cypriot


the point here is, you were taught to be a Cypriot you werent born a Cypriot...
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: To all the the GC/TC...Equality doesnt equal Justice

Postby Get Real! » Tue May 14, 2013 2:24 am

Oceanside50 wrote:Werent these same people you're condemning, living in mixed villages throughout Cyprus pre the 74 invasion and if they were, what makes them so different today then what they were 40 years ago..or 50 years ago...or 100 years ago etc....


Well that’s the whole point… I don’t want them to be like they were pre 74 but unfortunately they’re still stuck there!
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40426
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: To all the the GC/TC...Equality doesnt equal Justice

Postby Get Real! » Tue May 14, 2013 2:26 am

Oceanside50 wrote:the point here is, you were taught to be a Cypriot you werent born a Cypriot...

No. I discovered who I was once I acquired common sense.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40426
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: To all the the GC/TC...Equality doesnt equal Justice

Postby Oceanside50 » Tue May 14, 2013 2:31 am

Get Real! wrote:
Oceanside50 wrote:Werent these same people you're condemning, living in mixed villages throughout Cyprus pre the 74 invasion and if they were, what makes them so different today then what they were 40 years ago..or 50 years ago...or 100 years ago etc....


Well that’s the whole point… I don’t want them to be like they were pre 74 but unfortunately they’re still stuck there!


what makes "them" is it their religion or ethnicity or both? what are you?
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: To all the the GC/TC...Equality doesnt equal Justice

Postby Get Real! » Tue May 14, 2013 2:34 am

Oceanside50 wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Oceanside50 wrote:Werent these same people you're condemning, living in mixed villages throughout Cyprus pre the 74 invasion and if they were, what makes them so different today then what they were 40 years ago..or 50 years ago...or 100 years ago etc....


Well that’s the whole point… I don’t want them to be like they were pre 74 but unfortunately they’re still stuck there!


what makes "them" is it their religion or ethnicity or both? what are you?

I’m talking about their allegiance to Turkey of course.

Oh, this is getting tiring… :?
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40426
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: To all the the GC/TC...Equality doesnt equal Justice

Postby repulsewarrior » Tue May 14, 2013 4:00 am

...Cyprus is the baby, as much as there are two (or three) mothers.

it is the gift (given by Mankind) of Freedom, this baby represents. what is argued, before Mankind, is the LIBERTY these mothers seek (for themselves), as though the gift (to the child) is of no value (daughters themselves, both seem ungrateful, they gained their Freedom in much the same way). the child in fact is motherless, a slave-child of many other mothers, only needing to be nurtured. yet, neither mother (as in motherlands) has seen to it that they are loving to this child wholly, in the effort to possess what is its soul it has come to tearing the child in two. it is time for these mothers' withdrawal, their claims that bleed the child for fun denied. even a waif like Cyprus, homeless for thousands of years, should not be split, by Grace, now able at least to make a home should have one, not by the mothers who have tarnished themselves with their own actions, but as it should be, a daughter no less in stature, and a seat at the table when as a Family all the daughters meet, at Mankind's table, (the father of them all).

.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7606
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus and the European Union

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests