The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


CNG - orders new Navy Corvettes from France

Benefits and problems from the EU membership.

Re: CNG - orders new Navy Corvettes from France

Postby bill cobbett » Mon May 27, 2013 9:18 pm

CBBB wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
CBBB wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Mik wrote:Nobody has built a 'Battleship' for Years, HMS Vanguard was the last. Cruisers are the largest type most modern Navy use now, excluding Aircraft Carriers. Nobody needs to fire 2ton shells when you can post a cruise missile through a front door. Most have small deck mounted guns for close sea combat on smaller vessels not big enough for a 'Cruise'
Close combat anti aircraft/missile are mainly 'automatic gattling gun' type, which throw out a 'storm of lead' see "Phalanx System" As said through out this post the newest type of ships are smaller but pack a bigger punch because they do not have to take the punishment 'Battleships' did. Older Navy's are being made obsolete by this new type of Ships.


That would be especially true for the CNG.

A small fleet of very fast Corvettes/Patrol Boats which also pack a punch would be ideal. The Gowind ticks all the boxes.

The Phalanx System is a Close In Weapon System (CIWS) just like the Dutch "Goalkeeper". It fires about 4000 x 30mm rounds per minute at an inbound warhead with radar guided precision. It's effective range is only 2nms.


What is an nms, unless you meant kms?


Nautical Miles = 1.852Kms


Now that you mention it, I seem to recall those from when I went to school a couple of years ago!


Bleeding LandLubber...!!!
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Re: CNG - orders new Navy Corvettes from France

Postby Lordo » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:30 pm

have they arrived yet. we need to know so we dont build the infrastructure and then find out that you reneged your conract like the 60 agreement.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: CNG - orders new Navy Corvettes from France

Postby kurupetos » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:03 pm

Lordo wrote:have they arrived yet. we need to know so we dont build the infrastructure and then find out that you reneged your conract like the 60 agreement.

Do you plan to steal them? :lol:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17912
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: CNG - orders new Navy Corvettes from France

Postby Lordo » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:06 pm

kurupetos wrote:
Lordo wrote:have they arrived yet. we need to know so we dont build the infrastructure and then find out that you reneged your conract like the 60 agreement.

Do you plan to steal them? :lol:

noooooooo your brave boys will abonden them the moment they see mehmetcik with a sword and we will just pick them up. just like the tanks in 74. dont worry we are used to looking after your equipment but please leave the documents inside the vessels.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: CNG - orders new Navy Corvettes from France

Postby kurupetos » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:59 pm

Lordo wrote:
kurupetos wrote:
Lordo wrote:have they arrived yet. we need to know so we dont build the infrastructure and then find out that you reneged your conract like the 60 agreement.

Do you plan to steal them? :lol:

noooooooo your brave boys will abonden them the moment they see mehmetcik with a sword and we will just pick them up. just like the tanks in 74. dont worry we are used to looking after your equipment but please leave the documents inside the vessels.

Do you have enough heroin supplies for your mehmegeeks? At least in this way they will die happy. :lol:

Do you think we are still in 1974? :lol: The Americunts and the Israelis are not your allies this time, you silly old linobambagi. :lol:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17912
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: CNG - orders new Navy Corvettes from France

Postby Lordo » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:19 am

when shit hits the fan you will find who your friends are. just like in 74. some peebol never learn. i remember my gc friend telling me mehmetcik were not brave, they were on heroin in 74. you will find out what mehmetcik is all about. and this time i hope you pass to your offspring assuming that you can have some the truth and not loads myths. spanuillagimu.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: CNG - orders new Navy Corvettes from France

Postby kurupetos » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:28 am

Lordo wrote:when shit hits the fan you will find who your friends are. just like in 74. some peebol never learn. i remember my gc friend telling me mehmetcik were not brave, they were on heroin in 74. you will find out what mehmetcik is all about. and this time i hope you pass to your offspring assuming that you can have some the truth and not loads myths. spanuillagimu.

There was no fight in 1974 ol'boy. In a real fight they will lose. You see they are just mercenaries... :wink:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17912
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: CNG - orders new Navy Corvettes from France

Postby Lordo » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:55 pm

you have zero understanding of what a mehmetcik is but i tell this for nothing, if you start another war you will lose all of cyprus.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: CNG - orders new Navy Corvettes from France

Postby kurupetos » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:28 am

Lordo wrote:you have zero understanding of what a mehmetcik is but i tell this for nothing, if you start another war you will lose all of cyprus.

Zero understanding? :shock: No re gudrumbele, I am not Erdogan. :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17912
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: CNG - orders new Navy Corvettes from France

Postby Lordo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:40 am

kurupetos wrote:
Lordo wrote:you have zero understanding of what a mehmetcik is but i tell this for nothing, if you start another war you will lose all of cyprus.

Zero understanding? :shock: No re gudrumbele, I am not Erdogan. :lol: :lol: :lol:

no you are grivas instead.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus and the European Union

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest