The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


CNG - orders new Navy Corvettes from France

Benefits and problems from the EU membership.

Re: CNG - orders new Navy Corvettes from France

Postby Oceanside50 » Thu May 23, 2013 7:58 pm

Cap wrote:
Mik wrote:There is a list on Wikipedia. They have a surprising amount of stuff from what I have seen. The black MI-35s are cool.


http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/sh ... ead/page34
I posted the link yesterday on another thread.


it's a massive thread.
Knock yourselves out.



Impressive...imagine all this material being in Cyprus in 74,
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2063
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: CNG - orders new Navy Corvettes from France

Postby Get Real! » Thu May 23, 2013 8:29 pm

Oceanside50 wrote:How many T80u does Cyprus have?? How mechanized is the CNG?

I think we have about 85 of them, but we also have 140 EE-9 Cascavel tanks, and about 100 BMP-3, plus some other I forget.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:EE-9_Cascavel.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2008_ ... _BMP-3.JPG
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40484
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: CNG - orders new Navy Corvettes from France

Postby Get Real! » Thu May 23, 2013 8:30 pm

Mik wrote:Do remember seeing a lot of APC etc with flat tyres at some of the better known Bases.Obviously not used often. Remember thinking the traffic in Nicosia would be easier with one. Being lifted up in the bucket of an armoured forklift thing to run cables cos they guys saw us struggling with the skalosies on uneven ground (hilly area) was fun and easier.

Their tires flatten as soon as you turn off the ignition and inflate once again (with special foam) upon turning it on.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40484
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: CNG - orders new Navy Corvettes from France

Postby Mik » Thu May 23, 2013 8:49 pm

Source please..... Cos these where individually flat i.e maybe one on each vehicle.
Most have a central integral inflation system and/or maybe fitted with 'run flat foam' but never heard of this and am interested....
Mik
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:04 am
Location: Eastern Med

Re: CNG - orders new Navy Corvettes from France

Postby Get Real! » Thu May 23, 2013 8:55 pm

Mik wrote:Source please..... Cos these where individually flat i.e maybe one on each vehicle.
Most have a central integral inflation system and/or maybe fitted with 'run flat foam' but never heard of this and am interested....

This is the vehicle (VAB). See if you can find it here...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Véhicule_de_l'Avant_Blindé
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40484
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: CNG - orders new Navy Corvettes from France

Postby Get Real! » Thu May 23, 2013 9:00 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Oceanside50 wrote:How many T80u does Cyprus have?? How mechanized is the CNG?

I think we have about 85 of them, but we also have 140 EE-9 Cascavel tanks, and about 100 BMP-3, plus some other I forget.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:EE-9_Cascavel.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2008_ ... _BMP-3.JPG

Main Battle Tanks
With 125mm Armament T-80U 82
With 105mm Armament AMX-30B2 52
With 105mm Armament AMX-30 50

Armoured Fighting Vehicles
With 100mm Armament BMP-3 43
With 90mm Armament EE-9 Cascavel 126
With 20mm Armament VAB-VCI 27

Armoured Personnel Carriers
With 12.7mm Armament Leonidas-1/2 197
With 12.7mm Armament VAB 126

That's over 700 vehicles! :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40484
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: CNG - orders new Navy Corvettes from France

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Thu May 23, 2013 9:34 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Oceanside50 wrote:How many T80u does Cyprus have?? How mechanized is the CNG?

I think we have about 85 of them, but we also have 140 EE-9 Cascavel tanks, and about 100 BMP-3, plus some other I forget.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:EE-9_Cascavel.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2008_ ... _BMP-3.JPG

Main Battle Tanks
With 125mm Armament T-80U 82
With 105mm Armament AMX-30B2 52
With 105mm Armament AMX-30 50

Armoured Fighting Vehicles
With 100mm Armament BMP-3 43
With 90mm Armament EE-9 Cascavel 126
With 20mm Armament VAB-VCI 27

Armoured Personnel Carriers
With 12.7mm Armament Leonidas-1/2 197
With 12.7mm Armament VAB 126

That's over 700 vehicles! :lol:


I do believe a few hundred of those were gifts from Greece. :D
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8957
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: CNG - orders new Navy Corvettes from France

Postby repulsewarrior » Thu May 23, 2013 10:01 pm

...chatter boxes, if it comes to combat, nothing will be easy, you feel good that there is an army, and yet, here, is the birthplace of guerrillas, and in that, it is not numbers that count.

...indeed, the play will commence with Maritime Law (the most basic), Navies against Navies, and in that the rest of the Occidental world seems to be gearing-up, thanks to Erdogan (i won't say Turkey), and his Allies.

...we can hope for a quick war, but i doubt it.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7611
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: CNG - orders new Navy Corvettes from France

Postby Mik » Thu May 23, 2013 10:18 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Mik wrote:Source please..... Cos these where individually flat i.e maybe one on each vehicle.
Most have a central integral inflation system and/or maybe fitted with 'run flat foam' but never heard of this and am interested....

This is the vehicle (VAB). See if you can find it here...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Véhicule_de_l'Avant_Blindé


Nope nothing there sorry, it has a central inflation system and the deflated tyr es where probably due too a leak in the system.


Anyways, don't think they will be needed more worried about a missile malfunction from a Russian ship hitting the Carlsberg Brewery
Mik
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:04 am
Location: Eastern Med

Re: CNG - orders new Navy Corvettes from France

Postby Lordo » Thu May 23, 2013 10:32 pm

ohhh goooddddddiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee
just a few questions. which ones have to be kept garaged. those outside what exactly can they be covers with, those bloody t34s and t36s have ceased up so we need some new ones.

when it comes to war, tanks without air-cover and ground soldiers are sitting ducks. and you do know how easy it is to shoot a duck right. when your soldiers see mehmetcik crying allah allah they will break all running records backwards.

in one day you will have no powerstation, no tanks and no defence what so ever. on the second day terks will be entering limasol and the third day baf. dont even consider the larnakans they cant fight

now enjoy you hear. just seeing him will drive you into the sea. terkeys best weapon.

User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus and the European Union

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests